My dealings with Xbox support so far (UK)

#11snakes_codecPosted 12/3/2013 12:50:05 AM
This is why I wont buy an XB1 for at least 2 years I akso had a lot of faulty 360 units I dont trust Microsoft enough to take the risk this gen I also have an original 60g model PS3 obviously with a bigger hardrive now snd its not had 1 thing wrong with it .
#12RyuuHou25Posted 12/3/2013 12:52:09 AM
spikerules1 posted...
RyuuHou25 posted...
If you guys look at the returns page, they specifically say you are to return ONLY the console and/or Kinect depending on which has the issue.

They say nothing about faulty power bricks, and it's no surprise they would simply tell TC they have to return only that and pay for it on their own dime. Faulty power supplies are not a top priority of theirs, and the free games are ONLY for those with disc drive issues.

I'm surprised it took them this long just to tell you that directly TC.

Well this is my point. They told me my options and added in an option which would have left me with a 430 hold on my card and in the same situation as if I went for option 2. As for not being surprised about making me pay to send the power supply back... well I FOR SURE AM. Faulty power still means faulty system as I can't use it properly without POWER.

Yes, but their warranties state somewhere, they've buried it more since last I looked, that return shipping is not going to be paid by them unless law dictates so. They've kind of hidden this away by saying they're paying for shipping for the consoles and/or Kinect due to the widespread reports of issues.

My point with the power brick is this is how their returns work, you only send in ONE thing. The higher priority items, like the console itself and Kinect, are of course treated as such.

The Advance Return thing is simply meant to get you a console within a few days/week and you can return yours after the fact. But people with an issue such as yourself, well, it's not as widespread/reported, so MS frankly doesn't give a f***.

I tried to warn people about this in general back before it launched, people liked to claim left and right that a faulty power supply wouldn't be a big issue as it could be easily replaced, and quite clearly, it cannot.

Sadly, it's likely you're going to have to return that power brick and wait a few weeks at least for a replacement :(
---
PSN ID: RyuuHou24
"I never said that....and even if I said it, I never said it" - Dr Peter Venkman RGB http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=liGiTVdVu1A
#13krystylaPosted 12/3/2013 12:52:30 AM
spikerules1 posted...
krystyla posted...
spikerules1 posted...
krystyla posted...
You have to deal with bad customer support with pretty much every tech company if it's not face to face. I actually had bad experiences with Sony customer support and good with MS support

This may be true but I have never had to call Sony as their systems have never failed on me. I have owned an original day one JPN PS3 (imported to UK) from the very first week of PS3 release. I still have it and it still runs perfectly well.

Well my Sony Vaio broke after half a year and I had to pay to get the recovery discs myself, which were not included with the laptop on purchase

Again how does this involve this topic right now? This isn't Sony Vs MS - this is crap MS support on games consoles that are made like the equivalent of a 1950's Skoda.

I know I initially included Sony but only because it is one of the few other tech supports I had to call, which were all not that great but your post specifically is about Sony in Response
---
FC: 4227 - 1514- 7752 IGN:Mara
PSN: JudasInHell
#14InjusticeRebornPosted 12/3/2013 1:11:47 AM
spikerules1 posted...

Again how does this involve this topic right now? This isn't Sony Vs MS - this is crap MS support on games consoles that are made like the equivalent of a 1950's Skoda.

Hang on now. I've got a day one 1950's Skoda and it is still purring like a kitten.
#15spikerules1(Topic Creator)Posted 12/3/2013 1:35:54 AM
InjusticeReborn posted...
spikerules1 posted...

Hang on now. I've got a day one 1950's Skoda and it is still purring like a kitten.

That sir, is IMPOSSIBLE!
---
"Live in Ca. Gamespot screwed me too. I'm still walking funny."
RESIDENTEVILGAMER
#16Ray_d2nerdPosted 12/3/2013 2:21:04 AM
spikerules1 posted...
InjusticeReborn posted...
spikerules1 posted...

That sir, is IMPOSSIBLE!

http://www.sheldonsfans.com/thumbs/215.jpg
;)

anyways, that's one of the good things here in germany.
They are forced to pay for shipping by law here.
---
"i was a too long signature for gamefaqs so i changed myself into this miserable shape!"
From Ray_D2Nerd's Signature.
#17ThugETHPosted 12/3/2013 3:24:03 AM
Get a PS4 TC and never look back!
---
[1:04pm] <R33P3R> how can a game be epic on a phone?
#18ado982LPosted 12/3/2013 4:45:37 AM
Do you know where the PSU needs to be sent too? I was going to send back a bust controller, but it needs to go to the Czech Republic!
I'm gonna try fix it myself
#19MrSpaM111Posted 12/3/2013 4:54:05 AM
ado982L posted...
Do you know where the PSU needs to be sent too? I was going to send back a bust controller, but it needs to go to the Czech Republic!
I'm gonna try fix it myself

You'd better know what you are doing taking a power supply apart, those things are really dangerous
---
"Exactly correct TC..."
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/691088-xbox-one/66274628
#20120N7Posted 12/3/2013 5:25:22 AM
No wonder the TC is unhappy. I would be too.
I have no complaints about MS support. In fact, as a lifelong Apple owner, I was surprised by how good it was.

I got a free game even though it was the fan on my XB1 that was faulty. Still, that doesn't excuse having to pay a 600 deposit when the UK RRP is 429. Shocking.