Questions about the Xbox one...

#1snowfoxboiPosted 12/3/2013 2:01:30 AM
Okay let me start by saying fanboys get out. I don't have any stock in either company and only care about which console is best suited for my personal enjoyment.

So for anyone who actually has the thing, I had some questions:

Are the load times for the dash any better? I always had issues with everything having a slight delay on it on the 360.

Are microsofts policies still against cross platform play?

What happened to the horrible things announced like online only and no rental games? I know they retracted these, but does it seem set up at all where they might patch these in later? I really kinda felt like my 360 turned crummy after the blades died, and I don't wanna get screwed mid gen again.

Is the DDR5 RAM that PS4 uses significantly better than the DDR3 that Xbox One uses? Or is it a tiny or negligible difference? Same question for the CPU's although they are both greek to me.

Overall, how are the online gold features? Annoying? Efficient? Super Cool? Terrible? Explain :P

Lastly, I really had my eye on KI as it was a childhood favorite of mine and several of my long term friends. If anyone owns it, and has played the old ones, would you say it lives up to them? Or does it feel like it lost it's edge?

Beyond that, any unbiased talk of exclusives for either console is welcome. I'm saving up for a console and I don't have money for both, so I wanna get the one that's right for me. I wish the people who buy the other console the absolute best at having fun with it, and I don't see why so many people are offended by that.

But in general I just wanna hear what seasoned gamers who actually own the thing think. If you own BOTH consoles, and can give an unbiased comparison, or just say what you like and don't like about the Xbox one.

I know there's plenty of you guys with tl;dr stories about your experiences with the console... Well, nows your chance! I actually want to read them! :D
#2Millertime660Posted 12/3/2013 2:21:06 AM
Im not gonna hit all of your points but i will say....

The dash is way faster.... no long loading of apps and such.

The DRM issue doesnt seem to be an issue. There is nothing that insinuates that it will come back and I also dont think it will.

XBLive gold is about the same right now.

Cant really say much about the ram except for it seems the ddr5 on the ps4 is easier to optimize with.

All in all they are mostly two different beasts.... If all you want to do is play games then the PS4 might be your thing. The Xbox is more about the experience and bringing everything in your living room together. It still plays great games too.
#3CapwnDPosted 12/3/2013 2:29:53 AM
snowfoxboi posted...

What policies?

There were a few games last gen that were cross platform play on the Xbox 360 and PC and PS2.

What about PS3... There was Portal, was there anything else?
---
Death to Videodrome, Long Live the New Flesh
#4godslayer61Posted 12/3/2013 2:39:40 AM
CapwnD posted...
snowfoxboi posted...

What policies?

There were a few games last gen that were cross platform play on the Xbox 360 and PC and PS2.

yes they are , you wont ever see a cod game played by x1 and ps4 people against each other because Microsoft has already said they will not do that ,
---
ps3-ps4-vita-psn-kish1975 ----------xbox live (360, xbox one)-godslayer1975------------------wii u-kish1975----------http://www.twitch.tv/kish1975
#5snowfoxboi(Topic Creator)Posted 12/3/2013 3:50:24 AM
CapwnD posted...
snowfoxboi posted...

What policies?

Yeah those games were from early gen prior to MS establishing their damn ass backwards policies, it all rolled out along with the floating window dash.

Actually that's the main reason SE isn't doing FFXIV on the 360, and I assume won't on the X1 either. They were so determined they kept up production on a port for a while during negotiations, but finally shut it down when MS refused to compromise on it... I was privvy to some of the news via the FFXIV beta forums back when the ship sank and they sacked the team lol.

I also recall the PC vs 360 gamer night events they did pitting shadowrun and PDZ players against the other platform... I loved that stuff, really sucks they got rid of it. And I don't wanna hear a bunch of crap about interface differences. I was fine with it, was only an optional weekend event anyway.
#6snowfoxboi(Topic Creator)Posted 12/3/2013 3:51:37 AM
Millertime660 posted...
Im not gonna hit all of your points but i will say....

The dash is way faster.... no long loading of apps and such.

The DRM issue doesnt seem to be an issue. There is nothing that insinuates that it will come back and I also dont think it will.

XBLive gold is about the same right now.

Cant really say much about the ram except for it seems the ddr5 on the ps4 is easier to optimize with.

All in all they are mostly two different beasts.... If all you want to do is play games then the PS4 might be your thing. The Xbox is more about the experience and bringing everything in your living room together. It still plays great games too.

That's somewhat reassuring on the DRM issue, and very reassuring on the load times... I know it's a petty pet peeve but damn I hated that little lag, mainly because it wasn't there with the blades and I always kinda held a grudge for them dropping those.... lol :p