"XBOX off"

#1DrFeelgood1984Posted 12/3/2013 1:41:59 AM
Anyone had someone walk into the room and say this while you're playing a game? Seems like that might be kind of annoying.
#2M_TollitsonPosted 12/3/2013 1:44:29 AM
The same person that could walk into a room and press the power button.
#3JolteonPosted 12/3/2013 1:47:58 AM
I have been told that that's not even the command. Also, I think that the Kinect 2.0 is at least ostensibly sophisticated enough to differentiate between voices, and so it might not accept that command if it's not coming from the person who is signed in and playing.

This is just speculation, but I'm pretty sure they imagined and accounted for that scenario.
---
Is this finally a conundrum that CAN'T be solved by helicopter theft?
#4WeirdShroomPosted 12/3/2013 1:50:10 AM
anyone that says someone did this to them is lying. I've seen it in many demos and reviews that when you give it the command it prompts you if you're sure you want to. So you can stop it.
---
GT: BxB402 - " A little trolling now and then is relished by the wisest men."
#5DrFeelgood1984(Topic Creator)Posted 12/3/2013 1:51:52 AM
M_Tollitson posted...
The same person that could walk into a room and press the power button.

I remember making my friend hold his finger on the NES power button for like 20 minutes because he thought it would be funny to press it down while I was playing. Turning it off with a voice command seems so much worse, no way to prevent it. Now I can't wait to see someone playing a ONE.
#6ScymitePosted 12/3/2013 1:52:46 AM
The command is: "Xbox Turn Off"

And then it prompts you "Are you sure?"

And you say "Yes" or "No".
---
"I always found it both amusing and oddly appropriate that the rhetoric of the Information Age ended up being so... binary." -- Time_pants
#7Keven_KoopaPosted 12/3/2013 1:53:53 AM
Who's to stop someone from saying Yes?

Fail system.
---
And Samus takes off the Zero Suit to reveal that Samus is indeed male, just looks female.
#8WeirdShroomPosted 12/3/2013 1:55:37 AM
Keven_Koopa posted...

Fail system.

hitting the button on NO, which is default, first.
---
GT: BxB402 - " A little trolling now and then is relished by the wisest men."
#9Keven_KoopaPosted 12/3/2013 1:56:16 AM
Not unless your A button has fallen off, like mine did.

Fail System x2.
---
And Samus takes off the Zero Suit to reveal that Samus is indeed male, just looks female.
#10DrFeelgood1984(Topic Creator)Posted 12/3/2013 1:58:57 AM
WeirdShroom posted...
Keven_Koopa posted...

Fail system.

hitting the button on NO, which is default, first.

You could still make this prompt come up during crucial moments. Like screwing up an important drive on Madden mid-pass or something.