"XBOX off"

#21Laylow12Posted 12/3/2013 3:10:08 AM
So you still need the controller in your hand to confirm you want it off?

What's the point of voice control then, Lol?

---
The Queen of Light took her bow, and then she turned to go.
The Prince of Peace embraced the gloom, and walked the night alone.-Battle of Evermore/Zeppelin
#22WeirdShroomPosted 12/3/2013 3:11:46 AM
Laylow12 posted...
So you still need the controller in your hand to confirm you want it off?

What's the point of voice control then, Lol?

I think you can say the confirmation too, but hitting the button would almost always be faster than saying it...unless you didn't have the controller in your hand.
---
GT: BxB402 - " A little trolling now and then is relished by the wisest men."
#23billsfanno1Posted 12/3/2013 3:27:21 AM
PS2 4 Life posted...
If someone wants to be douche they could do that. We were joking around with that the first day we bought it, But, truthfully, it is no different then someone walking up and just turning off the power to be a dick.

But, they do give your a confirmation screen so you can always hit no once it pops up. If it really annoys you, you can turn it off the ability to turn off the XBox with the voice commands in the options menu.

Or, unplug the Kinect altogether if you are having a tournament or something.

Finally, someone who either has an X1 or thinks rationally. Such logic is completely over the heads of the ponies around here.
#24juzziebPosted 12/3/2013 3:30:14 AM
brownmyster posted...
Keven_Koopa posted...
Not unless your A button has fallen off, like mine did.

Fail System x2.

My ds4 touchpad flipped upside Down. Caught on fire. Then caught my couch on fire. See I can make up some stupid crap 2

My SNES.... it still works.

Yeah.... console war=over.
---
3DS FC: 2294-4729-3240
#25juzziebPosted 12/3/2013 3:34:16 AM
PS2 4 Life posted...
Or, unplug the Kinect altogether if you are having a tournament or something.

Why would you have it connected in the first place? Really shouldn't be a problem, please don't support this junk hardware and have it connected... thanks.
---
3DS FC: 2294-4729-3240
#26Keven_KoopaPosted 12/3/2013 3:36:20 AM
WeirdShroom posted...
Present the picture then.

I already did. It's in the "My A button fell off" topic.
---
And Samus takes off the Zero Suit to reveal that Samus is indeed male, just looks female.
#27FinzFan4lifePosted 12/3/2013 5:36:20 AM
Keven_Koopa posted...
WeirdShroom posted...

You do realilize this proves nothing just that you pried it out of the controller
---
Not Changing until Miami Dolphins Win a Super Bowl signed 02-09-2012
#28bob15xPosted 12/3/2013 5:48:29 AM
I think the kinect will only take commands from the person signed in. I would speak while my nephew was signed in and it started listening but never did the command. I have a feeling its only listening to xbox show my stuff..

and it wont do that unless you are in front of the camera.
#29SunDevil77Posted 12/3/2013 5:53:41 AM
DrFeelgood1984 posted...
M_Tollitson posted...
The same person that could walk into a room and press the power button.

I remember making my friend hold his finger on the NES power button for like 20 minutes because he thought it would be funny to press it down while I was playing. Turning it off with a voice command seems so much worse, no way to prevent it. Now I can't wait to see someone playing a ONE.

They're banking on people having mature friends.
---
Hell, it's about time.
3DS FC: 0748 2141 3539
#30TriForceOmeletPosted 12/3/2013 2:43:32 PM
FinzFan4life posted...
Keven_Koopa posted...
WeirdShroom posted...

You do realilize this proves nothing just that you pried it out of the controller

Are you telling me that someone would destroy their expensive controller JUST to make a stupid point?

C'mon.
---
Its like a Wii that's emulating a tablet that's emulating a controller that's emulating a PS3 game with no TV. -Haristo