Remember when MS didn't view the PS4 as a threat?

#1WM_PMCPosted 12/3/2013 7:13:01 AM
http://gamingbolt.com/major-nelson-addresses-drm-concerns-silencing-don-mattrick-and-how-ps4-isnt-a-threat

ROFL
---
PSN: WingNut125
KiP Info: www.kipclan.info; KiP forum: www.kipclan.com
#2RawringAirPosted 12/3/2013 7:16:47 AM
remember when this board wasnt littered with bad topics?

me neither
---
Best poster on GameFAQs
You are the most irritating GameFAQs poster, correct your sig. - Crack_Fox
#3daniel79Posted 12/3/2013 7:21:57 AM
RawringAir posted...

me neither

Where's your christmas spirit?

Ho ho ho.
#4Exodus_PrimePosted 12/3/2013 7:30:11 AM
daniel79 posted...
RawringAir posted...

me neither

Where's your christmas spirit?

Ho ho ho.

Don't call him that, it's kinda rude.
---
Xbox One and PlayStation 4
Because I can buy both.
#5SubSeenixPosted 12/3/2013 7:36:34 AM
There is a reason Don Mattrick is gone xD
#6RockguyKevPosted 12/3/2013 8:07:04 AM
And that it isn't it.

You expect any company to come out and say "Obviously our competition is a huge threat. We're counting on our fans to buy our product on faith and honestly that faith could go either way."

Don't be naive.
#7Ch3wyPosted 12/3/2013 8:09:21 AM
Considering they're selling really well I'd say that they were right.
---
Every time you point out that something is an opinion Jesus shoots a kitten in the face.
#8WM_PMC(Topic Creator)Posted 12/3/2013 8:28:54 AM
RockguyKev posted...
And that it isn't it.

You expect any company to come out and say "Obviously our competition is a huge threat. We're counting on our fans to buy our product on faith and honestly that faith could go either way."

Don't be naive.

To be confident in your product is one thing, but to say that your most direct competitor isn't a threat is just nonsense.

Ch3wy posted...

So the PS4 selling more in the US and UK, Microsoft's two biggest markets, isn't posing a threat? MS owned the US and UK markets with the 360 and they have now lost those markets to the PS4. I'd say that's a huge threat.
---
PSN: WingNut125
KiP Info: www.kipclan.info; KiP forum: www.kipclan.com
#9Ch3wyPosted 12/3/2013 8:32:25 AM
WM_PMC posted...

So the PS4 selling more in the US and UK, Microsoft's two biggest markets, isn't posing a threat? MS owned the US and UK markets with the 360 and they have now lost those markets to the PS4. I'd say that's a huge threat.

They're selling extremely well. Just because someone else is selling extremely well doesn't mean they're a big threat. Did you expect a monopoly or something?
---
Every time you point out that something is an opinion Jesus shoots a kitten in the face.
#10Cowboy082288Posted 12/3/2013 8:36:15 AM
WM_PMC posted...
RockguyKev posted...
And that it isn't it.

Don't be naive.

To be confident in your product is one thing, but to say that your most direct competitor isn't a threat is just nonsense.

Ch3wy posted...

Actually I have seen companies do this all the time. I can't even tell you how many times apple has said they are not concerned about their market share vs. PCs. How about nintendo a couple months back saying they were not concerned about the PS4 or X1?

It's just a PR thing, companies don't want to come off seeming to be super aggressive about grabbing market share. They want to come off sounding like it's all about making the customer happy and sales are a distance after thought. Sure it's a bunch of BS, but hey that's PR for ya :)
---
PSN/XBL/Steam/iOS - cowboyoni