Remember when MS didn't view the PS4 as a threat?

#21lilj812Posted 12/3/2013 9:34:07 AM
true_gamer80 posted...
WM_PMC posted...
DamnEvilDog posted...
There should be an age requirement to post topics, also some kind of IQ test all these "ROFLing" infant topics are getting old.

I guarantee you my IQ is higher than yours.

considering you have no idea what PR is, I highly doubt that lol

You aren't DamnEvildog are you?
---
"Worlds best heel"
"I really don't understand the irrational hatred a lot of people have for IE. It's not a bad browser." El Pollo Diablo87
#22DamnEvilDogPosted 12/3/2013 9:35:15 AM
WM_PMC posted...
DamnEvilDog posted...
There should be an age requirement to post topics, also some kind of IQ test all these "ROFLing" infant topics are getting old.

If your IQ was even half of mine you would not be trolling to incite anger in the people of this board, this does make you an idiot, like it or not.
#23true_gamer80Posted 12/3/2013 9:35:24 AM
lilj812 posted...
true_gamer80 posted...
WM_PMC posted...
DamnEvilDog posted...

You aren't DamnEvildog are you?

no, who is that lol?
---
D-FLY - Chicago's most underrated
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rB0dNPsfhvo
#24Bottler0cketPosted 12/3/2013 9:36:40 AM
Ch3wy posted...
WM_PMC posted...
Ch3wy posted...
WM_PMC posted...

So the PS4 selling more in the US and UK, Microsoft's two biggest markets, isn't posing a threat? MS owned the US and UK markets with the 360 and they have now lost those markets to the PS4. I'd say that's a huge threat.

They're selling extremely well. Just because someone else is selling extremely well doesn't mean they're a big threat. Did you expect a monopoly or something?

Sure the X1 is selling well, but it could be selling even BETTER if the PS4 wasn't in the picture. The PS4 is stealing sales from MS, which is evident in the fact that the PS4 is outselling the X1 in the two regions where MS had a stranglehold last gen. The US and UK markets were really the only places that MS had an advantage and that is now gone.

So explain to me how one company stealing sales in another company's primary territory is not a huge threat.

Like I said, are you expecting a monopoly here?

Sure they'd be doing better if they had no competition, but that's never going to happen. I would consider the competition to be a huge threat if it was making them sell poorly, but it's not. They're still selling extremely well so the threat isn't that big.

I'm not sure you even know what a monopoly is........ aside from a board game.

WM is clearly talking about competition. A monopoly is when there is no competition.
#25Ch3wyPosted 12/3/2013 9:38:52 AM
Bottler0cket posted...
Ch3wy posted...
WM_PMC posted...
Ch3wy posted...
WM_PMC posted...

So the PS4 selling more in the US and UK, Microsoft's two biggest markets, isn't posing a threat? MS owned the US and UK markets with the 360 and they have now lost those markets to the PS4. I'd say that's a huge threat.

They're selling extremely well. Just because someone else is selling extremely well doesn't mean they're a big threat. Did you expect a monopoly or something?

Sure the X1 is selling well, but it could be selling even BETTER if the PS4 wasn't in the picture. The PS4 is stealing sales from MS, which is evident in the fact that the PS4 is outselling the X1 in the two regions where MS had a stranglehold last gen. The US and UK markets were really the only places that MS had an advantage and that is now gone.

So explain to me how one company stealing sales in another company's primary territory is not a huge threat.

Like I said, are you expecting a monopoly here?

Sure they'd be doing better if they had no competition, but that's never going to happen. I would consider the competition to be a huge threat if it was making them sell poorly, but it's not. They're still selling extremely well so the threat isn't that big.

I'm not sure you even know what a monopoly is........ aside from a board game.

WM is clearly talking about competition. A monopoly is when there is no competition.

I know... which is why I'm saying he must be expecting a monopoly in order for MS's claim to hold true.
---
Every time you point out that something is an opinion Jesus shoots a kitten in the face.
#26WM_PMC(Topic Creator)Posted 12/3/2013 9:42:07 AM
true_gamer80 posted...
WM_PMC posted...
DamnEvilDog posted...

Except I do know what PR is and anyone with a brain would realize that it makes a company look arrogant and foolish by saying that they don't view one of their direct competitors as a threat. Companies that are smart say something along the lines of "X makes a good product, but we're confident in our product and believe we offer the better product." The only time you say something like what MS said is if you know that you can actually back it up. MS did the opposite of that by reversing policies left and right and is now losing market share to the company they said wasn't a threat. MS looks absolutely foolish now.
---
PSN: WingNut125
KiP Info: www.kipclan.info; KiP forum: www.kipclan.com