Am i the only one who wanted the Xbox One as Microsoft originally promised?

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Am i the only one who wanted the Xbox One as Microsoft originally promised?
1 year ago#81
aya469 posted...
I think they could've quelled some of the anger towards them just by allowing people to play the games they own if they missed the 24 hour check in (due to internet connectivity issues or whatnot) by actually placing the disc in their system. Once people heard that if they missed that check in they wouldn't have access to their games, that was off-putting to a lot of people.

Exactly this. And I see it very likely that this functionality will make its way back to the system in some fashion.
---
I own a XBOne, PS3, XBOX360, and Wii. I'm in it for the gameplay, not the logo on the box. Can you say the same?
1 year ago#82
Every new game sitting on a shelf has been paid for by the retail store. Saying that used games hurts developers is like saying that gas station boycotts hurt the Oil companies. When people boycotted BP for a day because of the oil spill a few years ago, guess who it hurt? The station owner, because he already paid for the gas that was in the ground.

The problem with today's games is their budgets, and the fact they need to ship an insane amount of units to even break even. A game that sells 3 million units shouldn't be considered a failure.
---
6 Bible translations, 1 app: http://www.jw.org/en/online-help/jw-library/
1 year ago#83
DRM bad. Current Xbox good.

Nuff said. Not everyone has lightning-fast internet.

Heck, I've only got 3mb download and .8mb upload. I couldn't do all digital.
---
"In my country, Battlefield hacks you" -Battlefield Friends
1 year ago#84
krystyla posted...
All my devices are always on, I don't rent, I don't lend, I don't borrow games, you bet I wanted it as initially planned

---
Xbox One and PlayStation 4
Because I can buy both.
1 year ago#85
Exodus_Prime posted...
krystyla posted...
All my devices are always on, I don't rent, I don't lend, I don't borrow games, you bet I wanted it as initially planned

narcissism to the MAX
---
"i've had sex with a chick who was a psy major, so yeah i think i know what aspergers is" -LiquidFuze180
1 year ago#86
at first I was upset then:

krystyla posted...

also my boss explained why they did the things they did: losing profit of used gaming
---
sig
1 year ago#87
I wanted it to be as it originally was as well.
---
"I'd rather die tomorrow as myself, than live forever as someone else." - Blues, DLN: 000
Have a Wii U, getting a PS4.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Am i the only one who wanted the Xbox One as Microsoft originally promised?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived