Let me ask you guys a question...

#1Charity_DiaryPosted 12/3/2013 9:59:05 AM
In a hypothetical parallel universe...

Navigating menus with controller inputs never existed. Since the beginning of video game consoles, we have controlled our consoles with voice inputs. "Sega Dreamcast: On," "GameCube: Play Game," "Nintendo 64: Reset," "Playstation 2: Options," and even, "Super Nintendo: Pause."

Now, with the release of the Xbox One, controller inputs have come about as a way to operate game consoles and navigate through menus.

Do we react the same way?

"Navigating these menus with my controller instead of my voice is so intuitive! I no longer have to waste my time and energy saying, 'Xbox: go to Friends,' once or twice -- I can just hit my Guide button and select Friends! And I can finally just tap the button on my console or my controller to turn my console on, without having to tell it to turn on multiple times with my voice!"

Would using a controller seem more efficient, innovative, and intuitive than the method we'd used before, simply because it was a new technology, and the new UI's were designed around the use of a controller?

Or would we think that using voice commands for everything was faster and easier?

What are your thoughts?
#2TheMuffinPosted 12/3/2013 10:09:41 AM
It depends. Are the controller inputs shoehorned into a system that was designed from the ground up for voice?
---
SnowFox7 ~I heard him use the term 'tarantula downpour', which would actually have been significantly worse than the rain we had that day.
#3Charity_Diary(Topic Creator)Posted 12/3/2013 10:12:54 AM
TheMuffin posted...
It depends. Are the controller inputs shoehorned into a system that was designed from the ground up for voice?

The new console has a UI that was designed ground-up for controller inputs. People that want to use the old voice commands basically have to spend longer navigating the menus because they weren't really designed for voice command use.
#4glassghost0Posted 12/3/2013 10:16:56 AM
http://tinyurl.com/b5qyl25
---
No Thanks
3DS FC: 3067-4989-8122