Why Beta test the new Xbox One at Launch RRP price?

#1mAtRiXrIpOfFPosted 12/3/2013 4:31:49 PM
All the customers who bought the xbox one are beta testing the system. All problems (feedback) customers report about their console MS will listen to and address them later:

Hardware problems will be rectified in the new Slim model coming out in 2 years likely.

Software problems can be rectified with downloadable updates.

Lets take the example with the 360:

360 Hardware has been through at least 3 phases I think. The 1st phase (fat 360) had mostly RROD's.

360 Software: Im not sure on this however I like to know how many major downloadable system software updates did the 360 get through?

So the motto of the story is Never buy a new console at launch as you are not getting a finished product and yet you still are paying full Launch RRP price for unfinished. Best to wait 1 year or 2 and get more polished console at a cheaper price.

We are saving MS money by beta testing it ourselves instead of MS hiring testers and paying them a wage.
---
360 Gamertag:
Availability: Through Xbox Live!
#2Excal1burPosted 12/3/2013 4:55:12 PM
Must be tough to live in your shoes as such a jaded fool.
#3mAtRiXrIpOfF(Topic Creator)Posted 12/4/2013 3:57:14 PM
Excal1bur posted...
Must be tough to live in your shoes as such a jaded fool.

Are you the fool that bought 1 and beta testing it? If so any suggestions to MS what to include in its next firmware update
---
360 Gamertag:
Availability: Through Xbox Live!
#4EllesarienPosted 12/4/2013 3:59:09 PM
mAtRiXrIpOfF posted...
All the customers who bought the xbox one are beta testing the system. All problems (feedback) customers report about their console MS will listen to and address them later:

Hardware problems will be rectified in the new Slim model coming out in 2 years likely.

Software problems can be rectified with downloadable updates.

Lets take the example with the 360:

360 Hardware has been through at least 3 phases I think. The 1st phase (fat 360) had mostly RROD's.

360 Software: Im not sure on this however I like to know how many major downloadable system software updates did the 360 get through?

So the motto of the story is Never buy a new console at launch as you are not getting a finished product and yet you still are paying full Launch RRP price for unfinished. Best to wait 1 year or 2 and get more polished console at a cheaper price.

We are saving MS money by beta testing it ourselves instead of MS hiring testers and paying them a wage.

First time buying a new Electronic product eh? It comes with the territory of being an electronic early adopter.
---
I will try and see it from your point of view, but I doubt we'll be able to fit both our heads up there.
#5Pinoy441Posted 12/4/2013 3:59:29 PM
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/691087-playstation-4/68007341

Refer to my first post in this topic
---
*grabs popcorn*
#6whitelytningPosted 12/4/2013 4:00:27 PM
Some of us just enjoy playing the games and don't stress about the nonsense all of you guys argue and cry about.
---
http://i.imgur.com/iZdWIKJ.jpg
#7mcnichojPosted 12/4/2013 4:00:50 PM
I'm keeping my backlog low and have had next to no problems.
Must suck being poor?
---
PSN/XBL/Steam: mcnichoj
Proud Vita/3DS/Wii U owner. Day one PS4/X1. | Wanting people to have full knowledge of the facts about a console makes you a fanboy.
#8EllesarienPosted 12/4/2013 4:02:50 PM
whitelytning posted...
Some of us just enjoy playing the games and don't stress about the nonsense all of you guys argue and cry about.

It's crazy in here. This guy is literally saying no one should buy an electronic device until a year has gone by to sort out all the bugs or get upgraded versions.

Ya...that will work.
---
I will try and see it from your point of view, but I doubt we'll be able to fit both our heads up there.
#9SnickleseedPosted 12/4/2013 4:04:06 PM
RRP?

Retail Ripoff Price?
---
i7 3770 | 8GB | Agility3 120GB SSD | 2TB HD | HD5850 | HX520w | CM Centurion 5
#10krystylaPosted 12/4/2013 4:32:24 PM
Ellesarien posted...
whitelytning posted...

It's crazy in here. This guy is literally saying no one should buy an electronic device until a year has gone by to sort out all the bugs or get upgraded versions.

Ya...that will work.

Somehow people believe a product no one buys will still be continued
---
FC: 4227 - 1514- 7752 IGN:Mara
PSN: JudasInHell