cloud soon to be downfall of all gaming as we know it?

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. cloud soon to be downfall of all gaming as we know it?
3 years ago#1
some may know already some may be still unawere

cloud= online storage

issue with this is it req: most stuff that use it to be connected at all times
(xbox one falls into this area)

from research stand point of what i seen were its used it gives alot fees depending on what uses it for what some of the stuff i have not 100% looked into

xbox one cloud= fees based on transferring ownership say you have 2 gamer tags bob and joe
bob has dlc you want on joe (say limited DLC) it will cost a small fee to move the rights of that data...

pokemon (yes its going use cloud to)= 5$ year for online pokemon storage...(why would anyone need that mini pokemon) also subs as a trade between black/white and black white 2 with X & Y
(said to work with newer pokemon games when they come out)

windows 8.1 has cloud= didnt test this one due to system update would req email login in which one can get locked out their system if hacked/ect

seems like everything online... is moving to a cloud storage based system
whats everyone thoughts on this?

me i rather buy a 50~200$ hard drive memory device for xbox one rather then needing it connected to internet 100% time.

i mean their are internet black outs time to time were one can have power but no internet at all... and it can last 1hour~12hours depending on internet providers
owns all game systems... equal feelings about all of them...
its the games i tend to take favor to o.O
3 years ago#2
Cloud storage is awesome. I love skydrive bring able to share stiff between my x1,surface pro, PC, and Windows phone is great.
Check out my PC,360,ps3, Movie, Old School game vidoes http://www.youtube.com/user/EpicConspiracy?feature=mhee
3 years ago#3
Alienware4Life posted...
Cloud storage is awesome. I love skydrive bring able to share stiff between my x1,surface pro, PC, and Windows phone is great.

Whos that ugly dude and trashy chick in the costume in that video?
3770K @ 4.5ghz| GTX Titan @ 1300/6500 | Asus Maximus V Formula | Asus PB278Q 2560x1440 | Windows 8.1 | PS4 | Atari 2600
3 years ago#4
Micro transaction fiascos is what the cloud offers. Hard data is more reliable and safe in a standard drive/flash memory.
Enough of my personal data is floating around in cyberland. I'm not exactly sure i trust the "cloud" idea.

But I'm fairly sure a game save does not a gigabyte make. So it's pointless on a game system to stick it's head in the cloud. Its not going to make your games look any better at all. So... (shrugs)
3 years ago#5
hellzyaaahhhhhh posted...
from research stand point of what i seen were its used it gives alot fees

I don't think you've ever done research.
Hell, it's about time.
3DS FC: 0748 2141 3539
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. cloud soon to be downfall of all gaming as we know it?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived