cloud soon to be downfall of all gaming as we know it?

#1hellzyaaahhhhhhPosted 12/3/2013 4:51:50 PM
some may know already some may be still unawere

cloud= online storage

issue with this is it req: most stuff that use it to be connected at all times
(xbox one falls into this area)

from research stand point of what i seen were its used it gives alot fees depending on what uses it for what some of the stuff i have not 100% looked into

xbox one cloud= fees based on transferring ownership say you have 2 gamer tags bob and joe
bob has dlc you want on joe (say limited DLC) it will cost a small fee to move the rights of that data...

pokemon (yes its going use cloud to)= 5$ year for online pokemon storage...(why would anyone need that mini pokemon) also subs as a trade between black/white and black white 2 with X & Y
(said to work with newer pokemon games when they come out)

windows 8.1 has cloud= didnt test this one due to system update would req email login in which one can get locked out their system if hacked/ect

seems like everything online... is moving to a cloud storage based system
whats everyone thoughts on this?

me i rather buy a 50~200$ hard drive memory device for xbox one rather then needing it connected to internet 100% time.

i mean their are internet black outs time to time were one can have power but no internet at all... and it can last 1hour~12hours depending on internet providers
---
owns all game systems... equal feelings about all of them...
its the games i tend to take favor to o.O
#2Alienware4LifePosted 12/3/2013 4:54:24 PM(edited)
Cloud storage is awesome. I love skydrive bring able to share stiff between my x1,surface pro, PC, and Windows phone is great.
---
Check out my PC,360,ps3, Movie, Old School game vidoes http://www.youtube.com/user/EpicConspiracy?feature=mhee
#3Xeeh_BitzPosted 12/3/2013 4:55:11 PM
Alienware4Life posted...
Cloud storage is awesome. I love skydrive bring able to share stiff between my x1,surface pro, PC, and Windows phone is great.

Whos that ugly dude and trashy chick in the costume in that video?
---
3770K @ 4.5ghz| GTX Titan @ 1300/6500 | Asus Maximus V Formula | Asus PB278Q 2560x1440 | Windows 8.1 | PS4 | Atari 2600
#4HeracylostPosted 12/3/2013 5:00:26 PM
Micro transaction fiascos is what the cloud offers. Hard data is more reliable and safe in a standard drive/flash memory.
Enough of my personal data is floating around in cyberland. I'm not exactly sure i trust the "cloud" idea.

But I'm fairly sure a game save does not a gigabyte make. So it's pointless on a game system to stick it's head in the cloud. Its not going to make your games look any better at all. So... (shrugs)
#5SunDevil77Posted 12/3/2013 5:01:33 PM
hellzyaaahhhhhh posted...
from research stand point of what i seen were its used it gives alot fees

I don't think you've ever done research.
---
Hell, it's about time.
3DS FC: 0748 2141 3539