Console debate keeps going...

#1hotcarlsandwichPosted 12/3/2013 5:25:37 PM
... yet there is one thing you don't see many talking about.

Which country did it (xbox one/ps4) come from.... I mean, who makes it??

Parts and manufacturing aside... A Washington State based company produces the Xbox One, while the Playstation 4 is produced in Japan. Fifty years ago this would matter to most...

America needs jobs right now, more than ever. If, by chance, you happen have the unfortunate problem of only obtaining one console or the 'other' console. If they are more similar than different.... play the same games... and you live in 'Merica, why wouldn't you just buy the Xbox and support the Nation you live in?

I have read hundreds of threads about the next gen consoles over the last six months. I've marveled at the debate about which is 'better' that plagues each and every topic. But what I can't understand is how this topic very rarely ever is mentioned as a viable reason to pick one over the 'other'.

Same goes for people living/purchasing in Japan. They have a much different game selection to choose from. Most of which are played on Sony or Nintendo systems....

I wonder what the debate looks like in Japan?
#2DisgaeaNutPosted 12/3/2013 5:35:13 PM
ITT: Xbones are made in America.
#3Dcrenshaw04Posted 12/3/2013 5:38:57 PM
Isn't everything made in China?
#4DisgaeaNutPosted 12/3/2013 5:39:47 PM
Dcrenshaw04 posted...

All consoles shipped to the United States on both side, are made in China.
#5A_Hairy_WafflePosted 12/3/2013 5:41:23 PM
I will only support my Chinese overlords, all others be damned.
#6Mr BumpPosted 12/3/2013 5:45:20 PM
hotcarlsandwich posted...

Parts and manufacturing aside... A Washington State based company produces the Xbox One, while the Playstation 4 is produced in Japan. Fifty years ago this would matter to most...

America needs jobs right now, more than ever. If, by chance, you happen have the unfortunate problem of only obtaining one console or the 'other' console. If they are more similar than different.... play the same games... and you live in 'Merica, why wouldn't you just buy the Xbox and support the Nation you live in?

I have read hundreds of threads about the next gen consoles over the last six months. I've marveled at the debate about which is 'better' that plagues each and every topic. But what I can't understand is how this topic very rarely ever is mentioned as a viable reason to pick one over the 'other'.

Same goes for people living/purchasing in Japan. They have a much different game selection to choose from. Most of which are played on Sony or Nintendo systems....

Yay for insular, bigoted, borderline racism! Don't you just love the good ol' US of A?
---
My games room: http://imgur.com/a/CA2yz
XBL: Mister Bump PSN: Mr_BumpNZ
#7RedZakuPosted 12/3/2013 6:09:22 PM
DisgaeaNut posted...
Dcrenshaw04 posted...

All consoles shipped to the United States on both side, are made in China.

PS4 and a handful of XBox One's were made in China. The majority of XBox One's were made in Mexico, in worse working conditions than those in Fox Con in some cases.
---
-PSN: SeigZeon
Your logic fails more than the shields of the U. S. S. Enterprise.
#8ManInGorillaSutPosted 12/3/2013 6:12:08 PM
Mr Bump posted...
hotcarlsandwich posted...

Yay for insular, bigoted, borderline racism! Don't you just love the good ol' US of A?

---
Give me Banana!
#9Troika19Posted 12/3/2013 6:13:42 PM
This thread HAS to be a joke.
---
The cloud is angry and demands a sacrifice.
#10ManInGorillaSutPosted 12/3/2013 6:17:28 PM
Troika19 posted...
This thread HAS to be a joke.

Might not be. I know alot of people who hold the same views as the TC.

Welcome to 'Merica.
---
Give me Banana!