Console debate keeps going...

#11kakarot-uchihaPosted 12/3/2013 7:18:18 PM
ManInGorillaSut posted...
Troika19 posted...
This thread HAS to be a joke.

Might not be. I know alot of people who hold the same views as the TC.

Welcome to 'Merica.

what's welcome to merica mean? aside from a missing an a whats the inference?
#12hotcarlsandwich(Topic Creator)Posted 12/3/2013 7:22:14 PM
Its not a joke. Trying not to be racist... just quizzical

I mean no hate. I own all the consoles. Old and new. Wasted a good Santa gift on a Power glove when I should of just got the Game-boy... back in like 89'... but don't regret the Virtual Boy.

Lots of angry comments toward one and an 'other' on these boards baffles me honestly. I laugh at the fine tooth comb we use to dissect each of the consoles pros and cons, while I see a bigger topic failing to get any time at the table. A lot of this negativity is petty/idiotic to say the least.

I noticed when I popped in the batteries it said Hello from Seattle! on the inside of my Xbox controller and thought... "ahh... that's nice." I used to live there and thought about it for a second....

So nope its not a joke... I'm happy to end the debate. But if it must continue... Let's give the ol' Made in America some time at the plate.
#13Mander1861Posted 12/3/2013 7:24:03 PM
TC literally has no clue about life in any general sense of the meaning.
---
Gamefaqs most "liked" and respected poster. Global warming is real. My IQ is 153 Mensa certified.
Evolution is fact. Gamefaqs Life coach and mentor.
#14TJ_UNLIMITEDPosted 12/3/2013 7:25:17 PM
Mr Bump posted...
hotcarlsandwich posted...
... yet there is one thing you don't see many talking about.

Which country did it (xbox one/ps4) come from.... I mean, who makes it??

Parts and manufacturing aside... A Washington State based company produces the Xbox One, while the Playstation 4 is produced in Japan. Fifty years ago this would matter to most...

America needs jobs right now, more than ever. If, by chance, you happen have the unfortunate problem of only obtaining one console or the 'other' console. If they are more similar than different.... play the same games... and you live in 'Merica, why wouldn't you just buy the Xbox and support the Nation you live in?

I have read hundreds of threads about the next gen consoles over the last six months. I've marveled at the debate about which is 'better' that plagues each and every topic. But what I can't understand is how this topic very rarely ever is mentioned as a viable reason to pick one over the 'other'.

Same goes for people living/purchasing in Japan. They have a much different game selection to choose from. Most of which are played on Sony or Nintendo systems....

I wonder what the debate looks like in Japan?

Yay for insular, bigoted, borderline racism! Don't you just love the good ol' US of A?

Does anyone who uses the term "bigoted" or "bigot" actually know how to use it properly? TC makes a great point, except he doesn't realize the console isn't made in the US. I don't see where the bigot stuff comes from.

Reminds me of all the people who throw the word around the second someone says they don't condone homosexuality, no matter how respectful they are when they say it.
---
PSN- TJ_UNLIMITED
Gamertag- TJ UNLIMIT3D
#15Mander1861Posted 12/3/2013 7:29:57 PM
TJ_UNLIMITED posted...
Mr Bump posted...

Parts and manufacturing aside... A Washington State based company produces the Xbox One, while the Playstation 4 is produced in Japan. Fifty years ago this would matter to most...

America needs jobs right now, more than ever. If, by chance, you happen have the unfortunate problem of only obtaining one console or the 'other' console. If they are more similar than different.... play the same games... and you live in 'Merica, why wouldn't you just buy the Xbox and support the Nation you live in?

I have read hundreds of threads about the next gen consoles over the last six months. I've marveled at the debate about which is 'better' that plagues each and every topic. But what I can't understand is how this topic very rarely ever is mentioned as a viable reason to pick one over the 'other'.

Same goes for people living/purchasing in Japan. They have a much different game selection to choose from. Most of which are played on Sony or Nintendo systems....

Yay for insular, bigoted, borderline racism! Don't you just love the good ol' US of A?

Does anyone who uses the term "bigoted" or "bigot" actually know how to use it properly? TC makes a great point, except he doesn't realize the console isn't made in the US. I don't see where the bigot stuff comes from.

Reminds me of all the people who throw the word around the second someone says they don't condone homosexuality, no matter how respectful they are when they say it.

What a horrible point.
---
Gamefaqs most "liked" and respected poster. Global warming is real. My IQ is 153 Mensa certified.
Evolution is fact. Gamefaqs Life coach and mentor.
#16hotcarlsandwich(Topic Creator)Posted 12/3/2013 7:33:55 PM
thanks TJ,

But I did state all parts and manufacturing aside... in my first post.

Hard to say much is truly made in america anymore... Microsoft has a lot of employees in america to not get credit for making the Xbox
#17Mr BumpPosted 12/3/2013 7:38:29 PM
TJ_UNLIMITED posted...
Mr Bump posted...

Hahahahaha! Brilliant. Just shows you have no idea what a bigot really is. Probably because you are one, lol.

And last time I checked, we are all humans, living on the same planet. Why is it so acceptable to support one guy just because he happened to be born in the same geographical location as you, but not another because he didn't?
---
My games room: http://imgur.com/a/CA2yz
XBL: Mister Bump PSN: Mr_BumpNZ
#18AzaneAzerPosted 12/3/2013 7:58:14 PM
It doesnt matter where it comes from, American assemblers can be lazy and do a poor job, Chinese assemblers can be 9 years old and do a poor job, Mexican assemblers can be a combination.

Honestly, this is one of the worst criteria to choose a sale from
#19hotcarlsandwich(Topic Creator)Posted 12/4/2013 3:29:52 PM
AzaneAzer posted...
It doesnt matter where it comes from, American assemblers can be lazy and do a poor job, Chinese assemblers can be 9 years old and do a poor job, Mexican assemblers can be a combination.

Honestly, this is one of the worst criteria to choose a sale from

What? why doesn't it matter where it came from? This isn't a discussion of quality anyways. I am simply implying home town(country) pride is a viable reason to pick one or the other.

If a Kia was identical to the Ford counterpart. I would buy the Ford.... to support Detroit. Not Korea. Nothing against Kia, Just why not support your neighbor vs. a group you will never associate yourself with.

I feel like people are wanting America to fail. Someday you will understand... I hope.
#20Exodus_PrimePosted 12/4/2013 3:33:03 PM
What is up with most GameFaqs users hating on anyone from the USA, you guys mad? jealous? is it because we have hotter women? is it because almost anyone with a decent job can get an awesome house?
---
Xbox One and PlayStation 4
Because I can buy both.