The demand for the X1

#1dolablaPosted 12/3/2013 7:35:39 PM(edited)
Does anybody think this is gonna pickup? Amazon has them in stock, and has had them for a few hours. Just doesn't seem like the demand is there. What gives? Amazon had some PS4 in stock as well, but they sold out rather quickly.
#2steelix55Posted 12/3/2013 7:37:36 PM(edited)
Gee, maybe Microsoft gave Amazon a huge shipment whereas Sony only had a limited amount of stock. Xbox One's page says that you have 19 hours left to order one and have it arrive on Thursday, all other orders are only guaranteed to be there sometime before Christmas. Sounds like Amazon has gotten a lot of them in stock. I hope so anyways, I plan on ordering one tomorrow morning if its still available.
---
i5 2500k @ 4.4GHz || 212 EVO || GTX 780 || Vengeance 16GB RAM || 1TB HDD || ASRock Z68 E3G3 MB || Corsair TX750 PSU || 12X BD-ROM || Win7 x86
#3DisgaeaNutPosted 12/3/2013 7:37:02 PM
Not anytime soon.

Being more expensive and bundled with Kinect is going to hurt it until they get a new SKU without Kinect. Removing Kinect makes it somewhat pointless since it's a multimedia machine, not a gaming console.

Anyways, the demand won't really pick up anytime soon because there are no real big must own exclusives on the horizon that we know of.
#4jsplisimPosted 12/3/2013 7:38:19 PM
DisgaeaNut posted...
Not anytime soon.

Being more expensive and bundled with Kinect is going to hurt it until they get a new SKU without Kinect. Removing Kinect makes it somewhat pointless since it's a multimedia machine, not a gaming console.

Anyways, the demand won't really pick up anytime soon because there are no real big must own exclusives on the horizon that we know of.

I wouldn't hold my breath for a Kinectless Sku.
---
I have two hard rules that I live by: I don't $#%@ with the devil, and I never do tag-teams with blood relatives.
#5billsfanno1Posted 12/3/2013 7:38:47 PM
How many PS4s were available? How many X1s were available? Doesn't seem worthwhile to even start the discussion if you can't answer these questions first.
#6dolabla(Topic Creator)Posted 12/3/2013 7:38:58 PM
It's not just Amazon, though. I've seen several retail stores have them stock. The PS4's just seem to be flying off store shelves.
#7steelix55Posted 12/3/2013 7:39:38 PM
DisgaeaNut posted...
Not anytime soon.

Riiiiiiiiiight. That is why Xbox One is sold out everywhere, and when Microsoft announces their updated sales numbers, they will undoubtedly be over 2 million units sold as well.... Just because you don't like Kinect doesn't mean others don't. And I find it funny you say Xbox One isn't a gaming machine, when it by far has better games than the PS4 at the moment.
---
i5 2500k @ 4.4GHz || 212 EVO || GTX 780 || Vengeance 16GB RAM || 1TB HDD || ASRock Z68 E3G3 MB || Corsair TX750 PSU || 12X BD-ROM || Win7 x86
#8DisgaeaNutPosted 12/3/2013 7:41:30 PM(edited)
steelix55 posted...
DisgaeaNut posted...
Not anytime soon.

Riiiiiiiiiight. That is why Xbox One is sold out everywhere, and when Microsoft announces their updated sales numbers, they will undoubtedly be over 2 million units sold as well.... Just because you don't like Kinect doesn't mean others don't. And I find it funny you say Xbox One isn't a gaming machine, when it by far has better games than the PS4 at the moment.

Amazon just called, they've had the Xbox One in stock for 3 hours now and it's still available at the time of this posting.

Better games is matter of opinion. Most professional reviewers have given a significant edge and much higher ratings to the PS4 launch titles.

Over 2 million units sold? Where, because they were barely selling in the UK and not selling in Japan.
#9steelix55Posted 12/3/2013 7:41:25 PM
dolabla posted...
It's not just Amazon, though. I've seen several retail stores have them stock. The PS4's just seem to be flying off store shelves.

Did you ever consider Microsoft just has more units available? Clearly not, because you're a fanboy. There were numerous reports over Black Friday that there were vastly more Xbox One's available to be sold. Most Wal-Marts for example only got 6 PS4's to sell while they received 24 Xbox One's.
---
#10lunchbox2042Posted 12/3/2013 7:41:27 PM
If they sold more than 2 million units they would have said something. This is Microsoft we're talking about. Or can they only talk in number of virtual miles driven and zombies slain these days?