The demand for the X1

#51jayoheazyPosted 12/3/2013 8:03:16 PM
billsfanno1 posted...
How many PS4s were available? How many X1s were available? Doesn't seem worthwhile to even start the discussion if you can't answer these questions first.

This. It's not hard to sell out if you only have a small amount of supply. This is one way to build up hype before you unload the week(s) before Xmas
#52cheezedadadaPosted 12/3/2013 8:03:23 PM
DisgaeaNut posted...
cheezedadada posted...
These are the top games out on PS4 according to metacritic:

flower
FIFA 14
NBA 2K14
Battlefield 4
LEGO Marvel Super Heroes
Sound Shapes
Trine 2: Complete Story
Resogun
Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag
Injustice: Gods Among Us - Ultimate Edition
Need for Speed: Rivals

Almost every single one of those can be played on another platform. What is only on PS4? Resogun? I think everything else is found somewhere else.

Madden is the highest rated title on Xbox One, only other one averaging over 8.0+ is Forza, which is a watered down version of a game that was available towards the start of the Xbox 360 lifecycle.

In addition, you just discounted TitanFall and Plants vs. Zombies Garden Warfare as important Xbox One titles.

I am not discounting anything. I am merely saying lets not point to metacritic scores when most of the high rated games are available on each platform. I have no intention of pitting the PS4 and Xbox One against each other because I want both.
---
"I just bought Divekick. 80% because it looks funny, and 20% out of spite" - SG64
PSN- cheezedadadada XBL- cheezedadada
#53josh924Posted 12/3/2013 8:03:48 PM
DisgaeaNut posted...
josh924 posted...
The PS4 has more than 3 exclusives at the moment? That's news to me.

Contrast, Warframe, Flower, Resogun, Killzone, Knack, Blacklight Retribution to get you past three.

Anyways, most multiplats are rated higher on the PS4.

Contrast isn't exclusive, like not even to just Sony consoles. Even if it were, its definitely not rated above 8.0. And out of those games, only 2 are rated 8.0 or higher, a whopping one more than the Xbox One.
---
I like how the GameFAQs spellcheck shows that the word "Wii" is fine, but the words "Xbox" and "Kinect" show up as typos.
#54cheezedadadaPosted 12/3/2013 8:05:29 PM
josh924 posted...
DisgaeaNut posted...
josh924 posted...
The PS4 has more than 3 exclusives at the moment? That's news to me.

Contrast, Warframe, Flower, Resogun, Killzone, Knack, Blacklight Retribution to get you past three.

Anyways, most multiplats are rated higher on the PS4.

Contrast isn't exclusive, like not even to just Sony consoles. Even if it were, its definitely not rated above 8.0. And out of those games, only 2 are rated 8.0 or higher, a whopping one more than the Xbox One.

Yeah I own both Contrast AND Warframe on the PC already. Contrast is pretty neat the way it handles the shadows, but other than that it I unfortunately found it to be really mediocre in terms of platforming.
---
"I just bought Divekick. 80% because it looks funny, and 20% out of spite" - SG64
#55ThatLaoGuyPosted 12/3/2013 8:06:47 PM
uh yeah, no. Looks like the xbone isn't selling. The people who wanted it have got one during launch week. I see a decline in demand coming in soon.

It's not even in the best sellers list(standard edition) so yeah.........not looking good, my xbonnerbros

Think we lost this gen to sony
---
Xbone fanboys are weird little irrational creatures. It's fun making them contradict themselves.
#56josh924Posted 12/3/2013 8:07:01 PM
The most wished for video game item on Amazon?

http://www.amazon.com/gp/most-wished-for/videogames/ref=zg_bs_tab_t_mw
---
I like how the GameFAQs spellcheck shows that the word "Wii" is fine, but the words "Xbox" and "Kinect" show up as typos.
#57DisgaeaNutPosted 12/3/2013 8:08:24 PM
josh924 posted...

Well all those people must not be wishing hard. In the hours that it has been in stock it hasn't cracked the top 100 sellers in Video Games and is being outsold by many games, accessories and consoles that have been bashed in the past.
#58ThatLaoGuyPosted 12/3/2013 8:09:51 PM
DisgaeaNut posted...
josh924 posted...

Well all those people must not be wishing hard. In the hours that it has been in stock it hasn't cracked the top 100 sellers in Video Games and is being outsold by many games, accessories and consoles that have been bashed in the past.

lmao pwned. people wish the magic gift fairy would present them an xbone, but it's not enough to fork over 500
---
Xbone fanboys are weird little irrational creatures. It's fun making them contradict themselves.
#59cheezedadadaPosted 12/3/2013 8:11:07 PM
Spin spin spin. Lets keep spinning!
---
#60josh924Posted 12/3/2013 8:12:35 PM
Being outsold by games and accessories? How much do those cost compared to the Xbox One?
---