Marketed as an entertainment system, yet you need gold...

#1aray48Posted 12/3/2013 6:42:12 PM
How does that make sense? I mean, there are many devices out there that don't charge you to do something so simple as watch Netflix. So how was Microsoft get away with requiring a gold account?

inb4troll

It is a legitimate question and it really makes no sense.
#2jsplisimPosted 12/3/2013 6:44:09 PM
I would rather see them enhance Gold's value a bit more creatively, but I can live with it.
---
I have two hard rules that I live by: I don't $#%@ with the devil, and I never do tag-teams with blood relatives.
#3Mr BumpPosted 12/3/2013 6:44:32 PM
Yeah, it's pretty short sighted of them. Gold really only has value if you're a hardout gamer and yet they are saying "It's ok, you don't have to be a hardout gamer to own a XBO, because it does all these other cool things BUT you have to have Gold to access most of them!" Makes no sense.
---
My games room: http://imgur.com/a/CA2yz
XBL: Mister Bump PSN: Mr_BumpNZ
#4DisgaeaNutPosted 12/3/2013 6:45:20 PM
jsplisim posted...
I would rather see them enhance Gold's value a bit more creatively, but I can live with it.

They have, you get Gears of War for free. Not the second or third, but the original. Last month you got Keflings. Let me say that again, Keflings. It doesn't get better.
#5aray48(Topic Creator)Posted 12/3/2013 6:45:56 PM
jsplisim posted...

I can live with it as well, because I will probably always have a Gold account as a gamer. But it seems kind of deceptive for people who see this and think it is cool (I mean, my parents even asked me about it) and decide to get it.
#6scarygrinPosted 12/3/2013 6:46:12 PM
entertainment is optional of course. gaming first I guess.
---
"Provide proof of this article, I just googled and found nothing" - Xeeh Bitz
#7Def_S0ulPosted 12/3/2013 6:55:54 PM
scarygrin posted...

But when they show the reveal of xbone at E3 the focus is on TV (cable integration) and sports (football).
#8aray48(Topic Creator)Posted 12/3/2013 6:58:01 PM
Def_S0ul posted...
scarygrin posted...

But when they show the reveal of xbone at E3 the focus is on TV (cable integration) and sports (football).

Yeah, but yet not journalist talks about this. I am not sure, but can PS4 play things like Netflix and Hulu without PS+ ?
#9scarygrinPosted 12/3/2013 7:01:23 PM(edited)
It's like a car commercial they show all the features not the base model and say some features optional.
Not to mention a free trial of gold.
---
"Provide proof of this article, I just googled and found nothing" - Xeeh Bitz
#10anime02Posted 12/3/2013 7:00:41 PM
aray48 posted...
Def_S0ul posted...
scarygrin posted...

Yeah, but yet not journalist talks about this. I am not sure, but can PS4 play things like Netflix and Hulu without PS+ ?

the only thing ps+ is required for is the multiplayer on ps4 games like call of duty, battlefield, ac4,ect.

you dont even need it (from what i understand) to play online for games that will require a subscription, like elder scrolls online, or are free to play, like DC Universe online.
---
Who cares about console sales? The same type of people that care about which band of colored helmets can run their handegg acrossed a field the most.