Marketed as an entertainment system, yet you need gold...

#11SabramPosted 12/3/2013 8:01:21 PM
aray48 posted...
Def_S0ul posted...
scarygrin posted...
entertainment is optional of course. gaming first I guess.

But when they show the reveal of xbone at E3 the focus is on TV (cable integration) and sports (football).

Yeah, but yet not journalist talks about this. I am not sure, but can PS4 play things like Netflix and Hulu without PS+ ?

Yes, yes it can.
---
Official Switch Lightsword & Bowshieldgun of the MH3U Board.
Gamertag: Sabram PSN: Sabram
#12Dcrenshaw04Posted 12/3/2013 8:01:37 PM
aray48 posted...
Def_S0ul posted...
scarygrin posted...
entertainment is optional of course. gaming first I guess.

But when they show the reveal of xbone at E3 the focus is on TV (cable integration) and sports (football).

Yeah, but yet not journalist talks about this. I am not sure, but can PS4 play things like Netflix and Hulu without PS+ ?

Yes you don't need ps+ for those.
#13dementedlullabyPosted 12/3/2013 8:02:50 PM
People that buy a game console primarily for entertainment are the same people stupid enough to pay for Gold just for said entertainment. Maybe that's the reasoning? lol

Anyway they need to change that. If I wasn't interested in online gaming there is no way in hell I would pay for it to watch Netflix. My PS3 does it free, WiiU does it free, Smart TV has the app built in, when I get my PS4 that will do it free.
---
XBL/PSN/WiiU/Steam:DementedLullaby
The Imperial Truth is a Lie
#14scarygrinPosted 12/3/2013 8:05:41 PM
All I want to know what journalist didn't mention gold. All the reviews I read mentioned it.
---
"Provide proof of this article, I just googled and found nothing" - Xeeh Bitz
#15aray48(Topic Creator)Posted 12/3/2013 8:09:26 PM
scarygrin posted...
All I want to know what journalist didn't mention gold. All the reviews I read mentioned it.

I mean that there are no articles that solely point this out or discuss this. It is a pretty big deal in my opinion, considering how this system is marketed.
#16TJ_UNLIMITEDPosted 12/3/2013 8:09:27 PM
Wow 2 pages in and no M$ defense force yet? I guess even they can't come up with an excuse for this one.
---
PSN- TJ_UNLIMITED
Gamertag- TJ UNLIMIT3D
#17ImThe8thWonderPosted 12/3/2013 8:20:53 PM
I completely agree TC and I've been saying that ever since I learned about their restrictions months ago.
#18aray48(Topic Creator)Posted 12/3/2013 8:21:02 PM
People on these boards care more about sales so that is why no one really discusses this I guess.
#19Gunvalkyrie2Posted 12/3/2013 8:21:56 PM
Mr Bump posted...
Yeah, it's pretty short sighted of them. Gold really only has value if you're a hardout gamer and yet they are saying "It's ok, you don't have to be a hardout gamer to own a XBO, because it does all these other cool things BUT you have to have Gold to access most of them!" Makes no sense.

Marry me.
---
You are ignoring 9 message(s) from users on this page. Manage your list here.
#20crucialPosted 12/7/2013 8:03:55 PM
Free games with gold that I have got

Dead Rising 2 and Case Zero
Assassin Creed 2
Halo 3
CrackDown
Fable 3
Rainbow Six:Vegas
Defense Grid

All really good games that I have forever,unlike PSN rental service,and it's online is garbage,you get what you pay for.