Recommended Games?

#1True_Warrior52Posted 12/3/2013 9:05:12 PM
I just ordered my Xbox off of Amazon. I'm trying to think of about 3 games to get. I think maybe DR 3, Ryse, and Battlefield? What all is everyone else having fun with? Any recommendations?
---
I'm German-Jew. Others found: 3
(See Quote for laughs)
#2Foxx3kPosted 12/3/2013 9:08:06 PM
If you like shooters, BF4 is a must ... but not right now because the game has a ton of issues.
Don't get Ghosts.

Ryse is fun, but most gamers think it's not worth $60. It's simple and shallow and lacking in content.

I'd say take the money you'd spend on one "game" and get three smaller titles, like Crimson Dragon, Killer Instinct, and Powerstar Golf.
---
[LanParty nF4 Ultra-D] [AMD64 3700+ San Diego] [2x 1gb Corsair XMS 3-3-3-8] [2x 250gb Barracuda] [Soundblaster Audigy 2 ZS] [X850XTPE]
#3True_Warrior52(Topic Creator)Posted 12/3/2013 9:37:50 PM
Yeah, I got ghosts(for free)for my 360 and PS3, and its nigh unplayable. I think the last time I played a battlefield was Bad Co 2, although I played a bit of 3.

Are the smaller ones any fun? They don't need to be super in-depth right now; I don't expect that. Also, is the new NFS any good?
---
I'm German-Jew. Others found: 3
(See Quote for laughs)
#4ford0Posted 12/3/2013 9:43:04 PM
There really isn't a great game out right now, for either console. Dead rising is fun and so is assassins creed if you like the series. Neither are great. Madden and 2k are basically the same thing as always. Graphics updated minimally. Forza is forza if you liked the other games. The first must own game on either console right now seems like it is going to be Titanfall
#5Foxx3kPosted 12/3/2013 9:45:04 PM
True_Warrior52 posted...
Yeah, I got ghosts(for free)for my 360 and PS3, and its nigh unplayable. I think the last time I played a battlefield was Bad Co 2, although I played a bit of 3.

Are the smaller ones any fun? They don't need to be super in-depth right now; I don't expect that. Also, is the new NFS any good?

Kotaku said NFS is the best game available on the Xbone / PS4.
---
[LanParty nF4 Ultra-D] [AMD64 3700+ San Diego] [2x 1gb Corsair XMS 3-3-3-8] [2x 250gb Barracuda] [Soundblaster Audigy 2 ZS] [X850XTPE]
#6billman1000Posted 12/3/2013 9:46:49 PM
I got dr3 nba2k14 and forza

Loving them all and i hate basketball lol

Ryse seems like a rental. Might grab bf4 tomorrow tho
---
Pittsburgh Penguins 18-9-1 Flololorida!
New England Patriots 9-3
#7I_VTEC_Power_IPosted 12/3/2013 9:46:54 PM
Forza Forza Forza Forza Forza Forza Forza

Oh, and NFS Rivals.
---
Xbox Live : I VTEC Power I PSN : I_VTEC_Power_I
Bring back Honda F1
#8BigLongDownerPosted 12/3/2013 9:47:28 PM
ford0 posted...
There really isn't a great game out right now, for either console. Dead rising is fun and so is assassins creed if you like the series. Neither are great. Madden and 2k are basically the same thing as always. Graphics updated minimally. Forza is forza if you liked the other games. The first must own game on either console right now seems like it is going to be Titanfall

Opinions are what they are but I don't see how DR3 isn't great. I don't have an X1, nor have I played the game but, it looks like it's the best from all the launch titles, imo. At least it looks like a blast from the let's play/walkthrough vids.
---
GT - The Grunge Guy
#9CMoney003300Posted 12/3/2013 9:53:21 PM
I got dr3, nba, ghost, and ac4. Love them all except for ghost. Already trying to sell it on eBay. It is the worst cod ever for multiplayer. I also got killer instinct. It's ok. Gets boring real quick. Waiting for ryse and Lego marvel in mail. I got both off amazon for $58 total together. So I recommend dr3 and ac4. Great games and lair to do in them. I hear ryse is good but I would pay full price for it.
---
Gamertag: CMoney0330
#10ford0Posted 12/3/2013 9:53:40 PM
BigLongDowner posted...
ford0 posted...

Opinions are what they are but I don't see how DR3 isn't great. I don't have an X1, nor have I played the game but, it looks like it's the best from all the launch titles, imo. At least it looks like a blast from the let's play/walkthrough vids.

I'll agree and say that it is probably the best launch game on either console. I never said it wasn't fun, but I wouldn't put it in a great game. It is a good game. It is worth playing. If it was released on 360 I would tell you wait until you can grab it on sale. Definitely worth a play though.