How to fix tv lag on a vizio?

#1Cinn_kentsu89Posted 12/3/2013 9:20:05 PM
When I play call of duty there is a quarter second input lag that is pretty obvious.

How can I fix this? I have it set to game tv picture. It's a 47" 3D smart tv if that helps. Would turning off the wifi on it help?
#2Snickers085Posted 12/3/2013 9:22:53 PM
Dunno about your Vizio.. but mine had this..

Menu Picture More Fast Response

turn fast response to on
---
http://i.imgur.com/DOHeUJA.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/4k3bG4G.jpg
#3jsplisimPosted 12/3/2013 9:24:29 PM
Does the set have Game Mode?
---
I have two hard rules that I live by: I don't $#%@ with the devil, and I never do tag-teams with blood relatives.
#4Cinn_kentsu89(Topic Creator)Posted 12/3/2013 9:42:53 PM
jsplisim posted...
Does the set have Game Mode?

It doesn't have a game mode just a game picture set (like vivid, movie, and what not). I'll look for fast response and see.
#5orestes1981Posted 12/3/2013 10:19:53 PM
How to fix tv lag on a Vizio?

Solution: Do not buy a Vizio. Seriously, do people not understand that sometimes you get what you pay for?
---
Cappin' thine enemy is not exactly something Jesus would do, it's what Suge Knight would do.
-Bill Maher
#6jsplisimPosted 12/3/2013 10:43:50 PM
Another idea is to look for clear motion or DCM; turning that off (if it is on) will help dramatically!
---
I have two hard rules that I live by: I don't $#%@ with the devil, and I never do tag-teams with blood relatives.
#7Cinn_kentsu89(Topic Creator)Posted 12/3/2013 11:02:36 PM
Got it figured out. There is game picture in the display/tv part of settings which doesnt change anything except colors and brightness and then I found going into settings instead of display/tv in its advanced settings had the game on/off setup. Thanks guys for the help, I really appreciate it!
#8danl0134Posted 12/4/2013 2:17:52 AM
orestes1981 posted...
How to fix tv lag on a Vizio?

Solution: Do not buy a Vizio. Seriously, do people not understand that sometimes you get what you pay for?

You obviously know nothing about tv tech. There are plenty of amazing high end sets that create a ton of lag for gaming. The 2013 samsung plasmas come to mind. There are also plenty of cheap sets that have very little input lag.
---
Great job!
PSN - CameraManDan, XBL - CameraManDanXBL
#9M16CrowbarPosted 12/4/2013 2:31:40 AM
got a vizio and game mode comes standard. The option is not in the video setting. I cant remember where it is, but keep searching. And Vizio is a GREAT company. Ive never had any dull gaming quality with it.