Titanfall will win the console wars

#41Orange_ApplesPosted 12/4/2013 1:53:13 AM
I don't know, they'd have to put out a really 360 crappy port for XB1 to be the console to get it on. I mean, what exactly is going on in the cloud that makes the 360 version substandard?

How about before calling the 360 version crap, we actually wait and see how the 360 version compares.
---
PC + Nintendo
Winning combination in the late 80s, winning combination in the 90s, winning combination today.
#42TheOmacronPosted 12/4/2013 1:53:25 AM
teehee23 posted...
DisgaeaNut posted...
teehee23 posted...
Absolutely true and Titanfall was the mostest talked about and wanted game for every console.... until they announced no ps4 version.

We're looking forward to Titanfall with all our hearts.

Really, because the message board for it isn't even top 10 on the Xbox One forums at moment. It's being shown up by Crimson Dragon even.

It's not a top board on the PC or 360 either.

So who is talking about it?

It was before the Xbox #1 launch but then Microsoft unleashed the greatest launch game line-up of all time and those boards took over since Titanfall is releasing next year.

If tomorrow sony announced they made a special deal and that Titanfall was now going to be on ps4 that board would be top 3 instantly, guaranteed.

You are kind of missing the point. The fact that Titanfall isn't on the PS4 is diminishing its hype, not the other way around. Generally speaking people aren't switching to an Xbox One in order to play Titanfall. They are sticking with the PS4 and ignoring the game. It doesn't help that Titanfall will be available on the 360 and PC. In fact most of Titanfall's sales will be on the 360.

Titanfall is also expected to come to the PS4 as quickly as the contract will allow. I wouldn't be surprised if a Titanfall 2 is out for the PS4 before the spring of 2015, less than a year after its XB1 release.

On top of all that, Destiny will have a PS4 beta in Q1 2014 and release in Q2 2014. In addition the game will look better on the PS4, and have exclusive marketing and content there. So while some will want an XB1 for Titanfall, others will want a PS4 for Destiny. Given all of this I simply don't see Titalfall having that big of an impact.
#43Orange_ApplesPosted 12/4/2013 2:00:24 AM
TheOmacron posted...
teehee23 posted...
DisgaeaNut posted...
teehee23 posted...
Absolutely true and Titanfall was the mostest talked about and wanted game for every console.... until they announced no ps4 version.

We're looking forward to Titanfall with all our hearts.

Really, because the message board for it isn't even top 10 on the Xbox One forums at moment. It's being shown up by Crimson Dragon even.

It's not a top board on the PC or 360 either.

So who is talking about it?

It was before the Xbox #1 launch but then Microsoft unleashed the greatest launch game line-up of all time and those boards took over since Titanfall is releasing next year.

If tomorrow sony announced they made a special deal and that Titanfall was now going to be on ps4 that board would be top 3 instantly, guaranteed.

You are kind of missing the point. The fact that Titanfall isn't on the PS4 is diminishing its hype, not the other way around. Generally speaking people aren't switching to an Xbox One in order to play Titanfall. They are sticking with the PS4 and ignoring the game. It doesn't help that Titanfall will be available on the 360 and PC. In fact most of Titanfall's sales will be on the 360.

Titanfall is also expected to come to the PS4 as quickly as the contract will allow. I wouldn't be surprised if a Titanfall 2 is out for the PS4 before the spring of 2015, less than a year after its XB1 release.

On top of all that, Destiny will have a PS4 beta in Q1 2014 and release in Q2 2014. In addition the game will look better on the PS4, and have exclusive marketing and content there. So while some will want an XB1 for Titanfall, others will want a PS4 for Destiny. Given all of this I simply don't see Titalfall having that big of an impact.

Some advice: we normally just ignore teehee.
---
PC + Nintendo
Winning combination in the late 80s, winning combination in the 90s, winning combination today.
#44NINFanboyPosted 12/4/2013 2:14:03 AM
MS sure loves space marine shooters. Aren't people gonna get tired with them? I don't get the hype for Titanfall. It's multiplayer-only on top of everything.
---
Goth is shrugging off the death of your family.
Emo is whining about running out of nail polish.
#45NinjaGuerraPosted 12/4/2013 2:15:17 AM
AzaneAzer posted...
A PC Game will win a console war?

Your argument is "best experience" the PC version will be capable of 4k gaming, mod-ability, and so many more things that only the master race can do.

---
No game will ever come close to the fun I had playing Castlevania: HD.
PSN/Gamertag/LoL: NinjaGuerra
#46dnmtPosted 12/4/2013 2:16:09 AM
NINFanboy posted...
MS sure loves space marine shooters. Aren't people gonna get tired with them? I don't get the hype for Titanfall. It's multiplayer-only on top of everything.

The cards are definitely stacked against it. I doubt it will be the next CoD sales-wise but it does look like a solid game at least. Don't have many of those around anymore.
#47NeoMonkPosted 12/4/2013 2:16:38 AM
PC ports tend to win out
---
"The Xbox One board isn't the place for personal anecdotes, joke topics or fanboy affair." Gamefaqs Moderator
#48LesserAngelPosted 12/4/2013 2:57:20 AM
A game that isn't even out yet will win a console war that has barely even started... Sure...

I'll admit the game intrigues me, but there are very few games where I'd buy I console JUST to play that one game, and Titanfall isn't one of them.
#49SirLemontPosted 12/4/2013 3:11:59 AM
What?

This console war?

Decided by an EA game?

Not happening.
#50MrSpaM111Posted 12/4/2013 3:19:39 AM
Or they will just get it on the 360 they already own...

Titanfall is not going to be a system seller, how can it be when it's on two other platforms that are more popular?!?
---
"Exactly correct TC..."
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/691088-xbox-one/66274628