Microsoft counters latest PS4 sales figures with meaningless zombie stats

#31WeirdShroomPosted 12/4/2013 2:12:15 AM
It's obvious the fact that you take multiple posts in a row as "flipping out" is an obvious sign you're full of it. Do you also assume people with long posts are mad compared to those with short? Sorry that I don't follow the ettiquet of waiting to post again until some else has and use a lot of words. I guess i'm just not a proper forum gentleman. But it is true what I said. MS has always been shy with sales numbers. It happened all last gen, even when they were beating the tar out of ps3 in sales. That's just not their usual bragging focus unless it sets some sort of record. Do you dispute that?
---
GT: BxB402 - " A little trolling now and then is relished by the wisest men."
#32dnmtPosted 12/4/2013 2:19:27 AM(edited)
WeirdShroom posted...
It's obvious the fact that you take multiple posts in a row as "flipping out" is an obvious sign you're full of it. Do you also assume people with long posts are mad compared to those with short? Sorry that I don't follow the ettiquet of waiting to post again until some else has and use a lot of words. I guess i'm just not a proper forum gentleman. But it is true what I said. MS has always been shy with sales numbers. It happened all last gen, even when they were beating the tar out of ps3 in sales. That's just not their usual bragging focus unless it sets some sort of record. Do you dispute that?

Here are links to MS bragging about 360 sales:

http://www.businessinsider.com/2008/12/microsoft-brags-xbox-beat-the-ps3-3-to-1-in-black-friday-sales-pretends-the-wii-doesn-t-exist-msft-

http://www.winbeta.org/news/microsoft-xbox-360-sales-accelerating

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2011-08-12-ms-xbox-360-to-end-2011-as-global-no-1

http://m.oxm.co.uk/20142/sony-responds-to-ms-bragging?ns_campaign=mobile-yml&ns_mchannel=mobile-site&ns_source=oxm&ns_linkname=0&ns_fee=0

Note that the word bragging literally appears in every one of those links, all taken from the first page on Google. Also note MS intentionally ignoring the Wii's numbers for obvious reasons. Now please get help, Mr. Shroom, I think you need it.
#33WeirdShroomPosted 12/4/2013 2:15:43 AM
Oh, sorry, not to grind your gears by posting again or anything....but if your quip about them doing it "when it favors them" refers to the initial sales announcement....well that was a new record for them. Best console launch they've had. Ditto for Sony.
---
#34MegaWinFTWPosted 12/4/2013 2:17:27 AM
The fact that it evidently bothers you so much that you post over and over again in response to nobody does imply that you're flipping out, like you can't compose your thoughts enough to say everything you want in one post, especially when your posts are standard fanboy fare.

MS were not shy about publishing sales figures when it put them on top, pretending they were won't make it so. Is it that you don't like the console as much as you hoped? Is that why you do this?
#35wolfwingPosted 12/4/2013 2:20:24 AM
I find the numbers given to atually hurt them...they seem like not many people playing the top 3 games, and if they arn't what is everyone playing? Cod? BF? The sports games?
---
currently Playing Pokemon X/white 2
#36dnmtPosted 12/4/2013 2:22:00 AM
wolfwing posted...
I find the numbers given to atually hurt them...they seem like not many people playing the top 3 games, and if they arn't what is everyone playing? Cod? BF? The sports games?

Ghosts is actually the most popular game on both next gen platforms by a good margin, last I heard.
#37wolfwingPosted 12/4/2013 2:24:08 AM
Ahhh, oh yeah and I guess AC4, but you would think for the XBox one DR3 be the most popular, or least one most people played and beat, I tend to beat the games then if I have time later go do MP and such.
---
currently Playing Pokemon X/white 2
#38BDJaycePosted 12/4/2013 2:24:32 AM
abbeldydoo posted...
WeirdShroom posted...
Sony: "Yeah, well, over 100K people have played Killzone for more than a few hours and.....wait don't put that out. Let's just do console sales."

Are those official numbers?

Also,so i don't get flamed i just posted the article for friendly discussion so let's all be civilized here.

Dude.. really? That's like throwing a match into a gas tank and saying "nobody panic" when they all know it's going to explode.

Most fanboys (BOTH sides.. not just "Xbots" or "Sony Ponies") are incapable of 'civilized' and 'friendly' discussion.
---
GT: JamesBolton0723
#39dnmtPosted 12/4/2013 2:24:51 AM
Oh, and speaking of big numbers:

http://www.joystiq.com/2013/11/21/ea-140-million-gameplay-minutes-logged-on-ps4-in-five-days/
#40WeirdShroomPosted 12/4/2013 2:25:36 AM
good job on proving me right dmnt. All of those brags have to do with big milestones or new records....and a couple of them were just MS talking about how the 360 was doing well....according to the released NPD numbers. None of them were just waving around non-record numbers to attempt to kick the competition.

You oughtta be me helper monkey more often. ;D
---