Microsoft counters latest PS4 sales figures with meaningless zombie stats

#41wolfwingPosted 12/4/2013 2:28:17 AM
well I think there are two issues, what the numbers repersent for game time, and this was instead of actual sales figure. Seems to me the three games listed arn't that popular...ryse I can get, forza I can sorta get, but dead rising 3? Depending on when I get my xbox one thats one of the first games I get unless something beter comes out by next year. But even then it be on my list.
---
currently Playing Pokemon X/white 2
#42WeirdShroomPosted 12/4/2013 2:28:19 AM
140 million MINUTES? >_<
---
GT: BxB402 - " A little trolling now and then is relished by the wisest men."
#43wolfwingPosted 12/4/2013 2:34:54 AM
WeirdShroom posted...
140 million MINUTES? >_<

To be fair thats on 5 games that are probably low on priorities to play day 1. Need for speed I barly touched other then during some off hours break time when watching TV, most of my time went to killzone and lego marvel.

Battlefield was probably the most played but with it's issues that cut into them.
---
currently Playing Pokemon X/white 2
#44WeirdShroomPosted 12/4/2013 2:37:55 AM
Also, abit off the side...Wolfwing...if you're playing a DR game to "beat it" you're doin it wrong. DR is the kind of game you "beat" or fail to beat in different ways many times over to level up, unlock new stuff and see different endings.
---
#45WeirdShroomPosted 12/4/2013 2:38:36 AM
and I mean the royal you, not YOU you.
---
#46MegaWinFTWPosted 12/4/2013 2:40:08 AM
WeirdShroom posted...
good job on proving me right dmnt. All of those brags have to do with big milestones or new records....and a couple of them were just MS talking about how the 360 was doing well....according to the released NPD numbers. None of them were just waving around non-record numbers to attempt to kick the competition.

You oughtta be me helper monkey more often. ;D

I can't believe anybody can be this self-deluded. "They never brag, except when they do but that doesn't count because they were really good sales". That's the very point of bragging! Showing off big numbers is the entire point.

Oh and you could call almost any number of sales record breaking when you don't specify what the record is and also MS have been calling their sales record breaking, even in the statement this entire topic is about, so why aren't they bragging about what these "record breaking" sales actually are?
#47dnmtPosted 12/4/2013 2:42:35 AM
MegaWinFTW posted...
WeirdShroom posted...
good job on proving me right dmnt. All of those brags have to do with big milestones or new records....and a couple of them were just MS talking about how the 360 was doing well....according to the released NPD numbers. None of them were just waving around non-record numbers to attempt to kick the competition.

You oughtta be me helper monkey more often. ;D

I can't believe anybody can be this self-deluded. "They never brag, except when they do but that doesn't count because they were really good sales". That's the very point of bragging! Showing off big numbers is the entire point.

Oh and you could call almost any number of sales record breaking when you don't specify what the record is and also MS have been calling their sales record breaking, even in the statement this entire topic is about, so why aren't they bragging about what these "record breaking" sales actually are?

Just remember that he is literally an insane person. Making him laugh and enjoy himself is my good deed for the day.
#48WeirdShroomPosted 12/4/2013 2:46:31 AM
You don't read very well do you "MegaWin"? I clearly said they don't JUST throw out sales numbers to brag about, unless it is a milestore or record.....and even when they do brag it's usually about NPD sales data, not numbers they themselves put out there....which the article in the OP clearly says they are most likely waiting for. You seem delusionally angry at me for some reason. Did I pee in your cereals?
---
#49WeirdShroomPosted 12/4/2013 2:51:31 AM
Maybe "they are shy about releasing sales numbers" is too vague? That prettymuch sums up everything. Even dmnt failed to show any times they released numbers to brag about that weren't some sort of huge record or milestone. Anytime they just flatout bragged was in relation to NPD or other legit sales data sources....not internal released one.

Smh, you're really reaching aren't cha? Got a hard on for the ole Shroom Masta, eh?
---
#50MegaWinFTWPosted 12/4/2013 2:56:18 AM(edited)
You know what, you actually must be insane. I mean it was only a few weeks ago that they announced their launch day numbers, and they regularly updated their LTD worldwide figures for the 360, there's no other way somebody can block out stuff like that while making absurd restrictions on what kind of figures they put out.

So take a step back, is this not an obvious attempt to deflect attention away from sales enquiries with meaningless statistics? Do you honestly think they wouldn't be shouting from the rooftops if they had sold more than the PS4?