Party Chat/Microphone temporary fix

#1SupahSagePosted 12/4/2013 2:12:03 AM
I also fell victim to not being able to chat with anyone on my Xbox One, using the wired microphone. Kinect worked, but when Kinect chat was turned off my wired mic failed in party chat and online in Battlefield. Microsoft support failed to help, insisting that my mic was defective. I replaced it with no improvement. The following is a list of problems/solutions based on my issue. Hope they help.

1) Mic appears to work (volume up button chimes thru earpiece and mute button lights up)
2) No sound through headset, only TV speakers
3) Party chats are able to be joined, but again no audio sent or received after party chat is turned on
4) No audio through headset in Battlefield 4

SOLUTION

1) Turn off the Xbox One
2) Unplug power cord from Xbox One for several seconds
3) Plug it back in
4) Restart Xbox One

Those four steps will force a total reboot of the console. When I did that, I had no further issues, although I suspect I'll have to reboot again until the issue is patched. I also disabled the setting allowing the Xbox One to "instant on", as I believe it is a temporary contributor to the problem.

I am just an Xbox fan, not tech support, but I hope this helps anyone sharing my issues with this buggy console.
#2ga11agherPosted 12/4/2013 4:32:47 AM
SupahSage posted...
I also fell victim to not being able to chat with anyone on my Xbox One, using the wired microphone. Kinect worked, but when Kinect chat was turned off my wired mic failed in party chat and online in Battlefield. Microsoft support failed to help, insisting that my mic was defective. I replaced it with no improvement. The following is a list of problems/solutions based on my issue. Hope they help.

1) Mic appears to work (volume up button chimes thru earpiece and mute button lights up)
2) No sound through headset, only TV speakers
3) Party chats are able to be joined, but again no audio sent or received after party chat is turned on
4) No audio through headset in Battlefield 4

SOLUTION

1) Turn off the Xbox One
2) Unplug power cord from Xbox One for several seconds
3) Plug it back in
4) Restart Xbox One

Those four steps will force a total reboot of the console. When I did that, I had no further issues, although I suspect I'll have to reboot again until the issue is patched. I also disabled the setting allowing the Xbox One to "instant on", as I believe it is a temporary contributor to the problem.

I am just an Xbox fan, not tech support, but I hope this helps anyone sharing my issues with this buggy console.

OP is correct, I had the same issue and doing a hard reboot of my Xbox fixed it. If people are having an issue with their Kinect not hearing them I would suggest doing the same thing. What im assuming is that because Xbox One stays in a standby state, whenever you run into errors they remain a cache or something and a hard reset is required. Thanks for posting though OP im sure it will help many people.

Just a side note im loving my xbox one, yea the party and friend system is kind of broken but we all know it will be fixed soon. Im not saying its acceptable they released a broken system but I can bare with it for the time being.
#3Skynet82997Posted 12/4/2013 4:51:28 AM
Yep - a hard reboot fixes some issues - my mic works fine, but after the console was on in stand-by for a few days, TV would start to freeze every 30 seconds or so. A hard reboot fixes that instantly.
---
XBL Gamertag - SkyNett / PSN ID - SkyeNett / Clan - TheSynndicate
#4steelix55Posted 12/8/2013 3:01:10 AM
How do you do a hard reset?
---
i5 2500k @ 4.4GHz || 212 EVO || GTX 780 || Vengeance 16GB RAM || 1TB HDD || ASRock Z68 E3G3 MB || Corsair TX750 PSU || 12X BD-ROM || Win7 x86