Microsoft Reveals ID@Xbox Devs, Divekick Coming to Xbox One.Crytek mentioned

#21zephirrainesPosted 12/4/2013 8:57:33 AM
assassin10133 posted...
Xeeh_Bitz posted...
XenoMecha posted...
I thought indies were not games?

That's what the Xbots claimed when it comes to the PS4.

Actually the big thing with Indies was that the 360 had them for years and PS3 owners were evidently saying they sucked, but suddenly when they all came to the PS4 and XB1 had none they were the greatest thing ever. Now I get that there were people who said they don't count just because they weren't on XB1, but with the normal gamers it was the other thing. Having said that I for one personally wouldn't count indies as "exclusives" whether they're on the 360 or PS4/XB1, but that's just me. Still some gems in there though.

Real question ponies never answer is this. If indies count then 360 killed the ps3 in exclusives. If they dont count then the ps4 is being killed.

You cant have it both ways.
#22kakarot-uchihaPosted 12/4/2013 10:04:58 AM
zephirraines posted...
assassin10133 posted...
Xeeh_Bitz posted...
XenoMecha posted...

Actually the big thing with Indies was that the 360 had them for years and PS3 owners were evidently saying they sucked, but suddenly when they all came to the PS4 and XB1 had none they were the greatest thing ever. Now I get that there were people who said they don't count just because they weren't on XB1, but with the normal gamers it was the other thing. Having said that I for one personally wouldn't count indies as "exclusives" whether they're on the 360 or PS4/XB1, but that's just me. Still some gems in there though.

Real question ponies never answer is this. If indies count then 360 killed the ps3 in exclusives. If they dont count then the ps4 is being killed.

its not, theyre not,

but aaaaaaanyway.... zephy? why is it bad to be a pony? cant i be an xbot and a pony? have you never had playstation plus? did you have the ps1 and 2?
#23kakarot-uchihaPosted 12/4/2013 10:06:46 AM
bob15x posted...
Poor Xeeh_Bitz does realize that if it wasn't for MS with the 360 there wouldn't be indies on consoles in the first place. MS started it all, Sony followed, the MS screwed it up with xbox one.

but it all started with MS, they just f'ed itup

it all started with ms? have you played games long?
#24aj4x94Posted 12/4/2013 10:08:57 AM
This is hilarious. When the big indie titles made their console debut on the 360 like Briad, Limbo and Fez(screw Phil Fish), Microsoft fans wasted no time throwing it in PS3 owners in saying stuff like "yeah! We've got (insert game name)! PS3 haz no geames! Our exclusives rule!"

Now when PS4 has lots of indie games, suddenly indie games don't count anymore.

Now this. Lovely.
---
Playing: Skyrim, Lone Survivor, GTA V, Siren Blood Curse, ICO/Shadow of the Colossus, Splinter Cell Blacklist
PSN: T-Snake94, XBL: T-Snake 94
#25buddhamonsterPosted 12/4/2013 10:10:40 AM
assassin10133 posted...
Xeeh_Bitz posted...
XenoMecha posted...

To be fair, that's the entire console war in a nutshell.

Console A gets something Console B doesn't. That thing is automatically the worst thing ever to console B supporters.

Console B gets that thing. It's now actually the greatest thing ever, and is definitely better done then Console A's version.

The entire "war" is basically one massive double standard.
---
Hey Trashcan Man! What did old lady Semple say when you burned her pension check?
Boston Bruins - 2011 Stanley Cup Champs!
#26nickr2d2Posted 12/4/2013 10:15:42 AM
buddhamonster posted...
assassin10133 posted...
Xeeh_Bitz posted...
XenoMecha posted...

To be fair, that's the entire console war in a nutshell.

Console A gets something Console B doesn't. That thing is automatically the worst thing ever to console B supporters.

Console B gets that thing. It's now actually the greatest thing ever, and is definitely better done then Console A's version.

The entire "war" is basically one massive double standard.

Mind BLOWN.
---
"In my country, Battlefield hacks you" -Battlefield Friends
#27necro00Posted 12/4/2013 10:22:55 AM
XenoMecha posted...

Indie games suck and I hate to see MS embrace that junk
#28BigTlovesBEERPosted 12/4/2013 10:23:02 AM
Xeeh_Bitz posted...
XenoMecha posted...

No one with rational thought said this
#29zephirrainesPosted 12/4/2013 10:23:27 AM
kakarot-uchiha posted...
zephirraines posted...
assassin10133 posted...
Xeeh_Bitz posted...
XenoMecha posted...

its not, theyre not,

but aaaaaaanyway.... zephy? why is it bad to be a pony? cant i be an xbot and a pony? have you never had playstation plus? did you have the ps1 and 2?

Never had ps plus because its crap. I dont want to lease games i already played or never cared to play. The benefit of psn was that it was free.

I did have a ps1 and ps2 and the difference between ponies and real sony fans is real fans remember when playstation dominated and didnt need excuses from its fans to justify their purchase. Ponies pull more 180s then MS.

Mocked indies last gen, ignored how horrible the ps3 was with mandatory instslls and long updates but make a big deal on much shorter xbox one installs. Said they would never pay to play online then accept losing free psn with no improvements and crashed with just a million people updating.

Said privacy was huge then ignore when sony chsnges their ToS. Worst of all they attacked xbox after the reveal for not focusing on gsmes
But give Sony a pass for a horrible launch lineup.

I have standards and expect more from sony then just indies. Indies should augment AAA titles as extra options but do not replace them.
#30kakarot-uchihaPosted 12/4/2013 11:37:41 AM
thanks for your response zeph, you laid out a lot and backed up your reasons. for me it's mostly subjective but we don't have to argue. i actually asked because you seemed angry and i think most who've had plus lose the bitterness and just like what you like.

i'll just list a tiny percentage, but greatest hits of the free games so maybe you see why ponies forgive some issues and need to be SOLD on xbox. and in fairness the renting thing? in a lapse of plus, i do in fact lose plus games, some still have the demo or trial modes, but whatever, i cant play how i normally play.
now when i have a lapse in live, they shut down my CONSOLE. i can do some stuff sure but i definitely cant use it like i was, games i bought not rented i cant go online with. thats why the 'technically' rented argument just gets laughed at, well that and the list of games,

technically free or not

uncharted 3
battlefield 3
saints row 3
xcom
resident evil hd collection
kingdoms of amalur
demon's souls
spec ops the line
deus ex
and one of the best games il've ever played, guardians of middle earth, its also one of the glitchiest, so thats saying something.

grid 2 just came out and my second game of the year borderlands 2 is coming out in a couple weeks.
so right now you could get a 1000 dollars in games. they do slowly scroll out the older ones as new come in, but your talking almost 4000 in games if you've had plus the whole time. just what i listed is over 500. its over 120 games. many small and old games, shadow of the colossuss, jetset radio, oddworld, but still, many many triple a.

but i'm not trying to sell it just maybe you see why ponies are ponies and that if you pick up a cheap ps3 and an 18 dollar plus trial, it literally just more than paid for itself.

i totally give you the download install times tho, and i respect you for backing up your point of view