Friend online notification - " " is online

#1colma919Posted 12/4/2013 7:17:23 AM
Back on the 360, whenever a friend got online, a notification would pop up to let us know.

I noticed that does not happen on the xbone by default.

Is there an option or setting to turn this on?
---
GamerTag: ChiefWiggum119
Steam ID: Librarytimeisover
#2kidwgmPosted 12/4/2013 7:45:41 AM
As of now I don't think you can. I believe they removed this feature because the expanded the friends list.
---
Currently Playing: DR3, Ryse, CoD Ghosts, SM3DW and ACNL FC: 4811-7436-8881
(Owner: gaming PC, 360, PS3, 3DS, Wii, WiiU, Xbox One)
#3BLACK_HUNTEXPosted 12/4/2013 7:53:25 AM
They should have a favorites system where you can set the friends you want so when they come online you can see it.
#4NightMysticPosted 12/4/2013 8:07:05 AM
Both the PS4 and Xbox One lack this. It's baffling.
#5Special-EddPosted 12/4/2013 8:13:36 AM
kidwgm posted...
As of now I don't think you can. I believe they removed this feature because the expanded the friends list.

Makes sense in a way. If someone managed to get up to a thousand friends they would get spammed with so many of those messages it would get kind of crazy. They definitely need to bring back the game invite system though. The general party game isn't really that great.
---
RebelGameMaster: You can't say poop is better than french toast because some people like the taste of poop.
Proud day one adopter of PS4 and Xbox One
#6Special-EddPosted 12/4/2013 8:14:27 AM
BLACK_HUNTEX posted...
They should have a favorites system where you can set the friends you want so when they come online you can see it.

They do have a favorites system but I'm not sure if it works like that. It would certainly be a good substitute since you really only play with a few people at any given time.
---
RebelGameMaster: You can't say poop is better than french toast because some people like the taste of poop.
Proud day one adopter of PS4 and Xbox One
#7mrstriker815Posted 12/4/2013 8:20:22 AM
Friends that in your favorites list should give a notification if one of them comes on. They should update it to do that.
---
XBL - Mr Striker09
#8EllesarienPosted 12/4/2013 8:22:48 AM
Think the whole friends/chat stuff is going to get updated soon I hope. They will get it squared away. That is not one thing I worry about with MS.
---
I will try and see it from your point of view, but I doubt we'll be able to fit both our heads up there.
#9streamjumperPosted 12/4/2013 8:46:34 AM
Ellesarien posted...
Think the whole friends/chat stuff is going to get updated soon I hope. They will get it squared away. That is not one thing I worry about with MS.

There's a huge upgrade of the friends/party/chat setup in the works, but my understanding is that it could take a while to work on. I guess they're trying to move it from being treated as an app to being a core component like it always should have been.
---
Darwin, set the Wayback Machine...
#10DamnEvilDogPosted 12/4/2013 8:51:23 AM
Humh, that is a good idea here, I wish it did tell people when friends are online (I do miss that from the 360)

Having a "Favorite" come online and the system notifies you sounds like a great idea, hope they decide to put it in sometime in the future.