Friend online notification - " " is online

#11streamjumperPosted 12/4/2013 9:00:32 AM
DamnEvilDog posted...
Humh, that is a good idea here, I wish it did tell people when friends are online (I do miss that from the 360)

Having a "Favorite" come online and the system notifies you sounds like a great idea, hope they decide to put it in sometime in the future.

Yeah. Though the option of letting you appear to be offline just in case you're feeling antisocial is a great one.
---
Darwin, set the Wayback Machine...
#12kidwgmPosted 12/4/2013 9:37:19 AM
streamjumper posted...
Ellesarien posted...
Think the whole friends/chat stuff is going to get updated soon I hope. They will get it squared away. That is not one thing I worry about with MS.

There's a huge upgrade of the friends/party/chat setup in the works, but my understanding is that it could take a while to work on. I guess they're trying to move it from being treated as an app to being a core component like it always should have been.

I'm not sure why MS would think this change was a good idea. But I'm sure it will get updated.
---
Currently Playing: DR3, Ryse, CoD Ghosts, SM3DW and ACNL FC: 4811-7436-8881
(Owner: gaming PC, 360, PS3, 3DS, Wii, WiiU, Xbox One)
#13colma919(Topic Creator)Posted 12/4/2013 10:19:53 AM
kidwgm posted...
As of now I don't think you can. I believe they removed this feature because the expanded the friends list.

I agree. No way they could have forgotten to add this feature.

I, like many of you, assumed that your "favorites" would show a notification when they logged in.

This could prevent the issue of the 1000 friend list expansion causing an overwhelming amount of popups.
---
GamerTag: ChiefWiggum119
Steam ID: Librarytimeisover
#14Special-EddPosted 12/4/2013 10:36:55 AM
As many people already said I am sure that several improvements are incoming.

While we're at it I'd rather not have the friends feed be the first thing I see when I try to go to my friends list. If I cared enough to check out my friends activities I certainly would be capable of navigating to that list. That extra few seconds it takes to start the feed to load before I bring up who is online is slightly annoying.
---
RebelGameMaster: You can't say poop is better than french toast because some people like the taste of poop.
Proud day one adopter of PS4 and Xbox One
#15DojoMaxPosted 12/4/2013 10:40:29 AM
NightMystic posted...
Both the PS4 and Xbox One lack this. It's baffling.

Quoted for the gods honest truth.
---
XBL: xShotz 101x | There is no knowledge, that is not power. -Ralph Waldo Emerson