Am I not meant to have an XB1? Oh the fates are cruel!

#1Gaming4dummiesPosted 12/4/2013 7:25:54 AM
So last night, for a short amount of time, Amazon had Xbox 1's in stock.

I ordered one along with a couple of games and 1-day shipping...I was stoked!

Then I check my email this morning and find a notice from Amazon saying my card was declined!

Turns out (it was a newish card) there was a limit lock on it and didn't let it go through until I confirmed with my CC via the automated system...so then I went to Amazon and had them "re-try" my card....now I'm wondering if I'll even get my XB1 considering they are again SOLD OUT on Amazon.

So, did I "lock in" my order last night until I reconfirmed my CC, or am I just poop-out-of-luck?
---
"It takes a big man to cry, but it takes a bigger man to laugh at that man."
#2Bikes-Posted 12/4/2013 8:06:06 AM
I think they lock orders for a tiny bit, but I've only ever CC issues on digital stuff (one of my cards hates amazon purchases for digital items for whatever reason) So I dunno about limited items.
---
FC: 2921-9087-2265
#3Gaming4dummies(Topic Creator)Posted 12/4/2013 8:42:47 AM
I still haven't received an email saying that my order was cancelled, or that it was shipping...I'm in limbo!
---
#4userfrigginamePosted 12/4/2013 8:46:11 AM
Well, if it is cancelled, I have a feeling that you'd be able to find some at other retailers like Walmart. I don't know about your area, but I've seen a good share of Xbox Ones in my area.
#5MetroidFan9999Posted 12/4/2013 8:53:23 AM
Sounds like the fates are telling you something very important.
---
Xbox One = Xbone = Crossbone = Jolly Roger.
http://www.reactiongifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/09/mind_blown.gif
#6streamjumperPosted 12/4/2013 8:54:32 AM
Gaming4dummies posted...
I still haven't received an email saying that my order was cancelled, or that it was shipping...I'm in limbo!

I'd say you might want to try to get into an online chat with one of their people about this. The optimist and realist in me say that you should probably have it, but the pessimist is mumbling something I'd rather not pass on. Your best bet is to grab someone and try to shake an answer out of them... I'd suggest trying to get all your ducks in a row before the chat, either by trying to get your credit card's approval on the transaction in advance or being ready to get it ASAP while the rep is on the line.

Good luck, man. Good luck.
---
Darwin, set the Wayback Machine...
#7EllesarienPosted 12/4/2013 8:54:50 AM
That's a bummer TC...especially after you think you have one coming.
---
I will try and see it from your point of view, but I doubt we'll be able to fit both our heads up there.
#8Gaming4dummies(Topic Creator)Posted 12/4/2013 9:01:59 AM
userfrigginame posted...
Well, if it is cancelled, I have a feeling that you'd be able to find some at other retailers like Walmart. I don't know about your area, but I've seen a good share of Xbox Ones in my area.

In my area, every Toys R Us, Best Buy, Target, Walmart and Gamestop are sold out of both next-gens.

I actually DID call CS for Amazon, and was told he did not know at this time and I'd have to wait for the email to confirm if was shipping or cancelled.

Oh well, I'll update either way :)
---
#9Gaming4dummies(Topic Creator)Posted 12/4/2013 3:21:15 PM
And...it just shipped!!
Yay me!!

Huzzah!
---
#10HeliosAscensionPosted 12/4/2013 3:50:45 PM
Congrats man, would have been a real bummer if it'd gotten canceled.
---
I don't need games to be mature.I need them to entertain me.And sometimes what entertains me is a couple chicks with huge bouncing chests pummeling each other.