Heres a list for the Xbox people who hate indie games

#11Special-EddPosted 12/4/2013 8:42:45 AM
SupaShig posted...
Jiggy101011 posted...
It was never about "hating" indies, the arguement was about people were trying to say indies were on the same level as some AAA games and thus trying to make their "exclusive" list bigger.

I dont mind indies, personally I have put more time into ezmuze+ than I have a lot of $60 retail games last gen. However I would never tout an indie game as a reason to get a next gen console over another.

For example I am not going to buy a PS4 for Resogun, just like I wouldnt have bought an Xbox 360 for Braid.

So games like Ryse and Knack are better than games like Resogun and Minecraft? Gotta love dem AAA games that charge $60 for an inferior product than what Indies offer for $10

Purely subjective. Not everyone would have the same amount of fun with Minecraft as they would with Knack. What they are saying is that when people buy a console they generally don't do it because of a few indie titles.
---
RebelGameMaster: You can't say poop is better than french toast because some people like the taste of poop.
Proud day one adopter of PS4 and Xbox One
#12chrish909Posted 12/4/2013 8:44:18 AM
Xbox 360 had 3000+ indies, why wouldnt the next xbox have indies as well?
---
This is why I'm never going to get a ps4
http://www.destructoid.com/fact-ps3-fanboys-are-the-worst-149259.phtml
#13drfirepantsPosted 12/4/2013 8:45:15 AM
HelmesSeifer posted...
http://kotaku.com/here-are-32-indie-studios-making-games-for-xbox-ones-i-1476311463

Microsoft has invested a lot in making new indie titles since indie games are becoming more popular. I'm sure the people on this board will love indie titles now that Microsoft is doing it along with Sony.

Because MS is just now doing indie games.....they weren't on the 360 or anything right? The sony fanboys were the ones touting them as junk when they were mainly a 360 thing, and now all the sudden that sony has put a focus on them they are the salvation of gaming.
#14DamnEvilDogPosted 12/4/2013 8:48:24 AM
For me it is simple, I don't want to go buy a $400-$500 console to play a bunch of indie games, sure they are a nice compliment to the disc based games I have and want to get, but usually if they are available on PC or Andriod/ iOS they cost less and run better a lot of the time.

I am just gonna point out cost and performance like Contrast, it is on PS4 of course but it runs horribly, I could get it on Steam and it will run better, I am waiting also cause the PC price will go down in some odd months or go on sale.

PC is great for little games like that cause most people have them and just go "why not" but if the only reason to get a console is for a huge list of indie games then... well... that is not a reason for me.
#15HellsControllerPosted 12/4/2013 8:50:27 AM
drfirepants posted...
HelmesSeifer posted...
http://kotaku.com/here-are-32-indie-studios-making-games-for-xbox-ones-i-1476311463

Microsoft has invested a lot in making new indie titles since indie games are becoming more popular. I'm sure the people on this board will love indie titles now that Microsoft is doing it along with Sony.

Because MS is just now doing indie games.....they weren't on the 360 or anything right? The sony fanboys were the ones touting them as junk when they were mainly a 360 thing, and now all the sudden that sony has put a focus on them they are the salvation of gaming.

As a sony fanboy I go out of my way to not buy indie games. We aren't all the same you know!
---
I spilled Spot Remover on my dog....Now he's gone
#16Exodus_PrimePosted 12/4/2013 8:51:50 AM
drfirepants posted...
HelmesSeifer posted...

This so much this.
---
Xbox One and PlayStation 4
Because I can buy both.
#17HelmesSeifer(Topic Creator)Posted 12/4/2013 9:30:05 AM
drfirepants posted...
HelmesSeifer posted...

Not at all! 360 had tons of great indie game (castle crashers, minecraft). Its just that all the xbox one fans were claiming that indie games sucked when Sony announced their indie support. Now that Microsoft is doing it I have a feeling they are going to be whistling a different tune. The indie hate has gone full circle. Also, indie games aren't a salvation for anything, just a nice way to get unknown developers out in the open. It's like going to a bar to see how much talent a local band has.
---
Xbox live: CaptainMiles
PSN: AdmiralMiles
#18InjusticeRebornPosted 12/4/2013 9:34:33 AM
SupaShig posted...
Jiggy101011 posted...
It was never about "hating" indies, the arguement was about people were trying to say indies were on the same level as some AAA games and thus trying to make their "exclusive" list bigger.

I dont mind indies, personally I have put more time into ezmuze+ than I have a lot of $60 retail games last gen. However I would never tout an indie game as a reason to get a next gen console over another.

For example I am not going to buy a PS4 for Resogun, just like I wouldnt have bought an Xbox 360 for Braid.

So games like Ryse and Knack are better than games like Resogun and Minecraft? Gotta love dem AAA games that charge $60 for an inferior product than what Indies offer for $10

Nowhere in his post does he say AAA games are better games than indies, "same level" could mean varying things.

OT: I would like to say 'nice list', but honestly, I don't pay as much attention as to who creates the games. I'm just one of those gamers where, if am indie game looks to my taste, or is at least getting massive praise, I'll give them demo a try. If I like, I buy.

Saw the reaction from trolls/fanboys a mile off btw. XD
#19mcnichojPosted 12/4/2013 9:38:55 AM
HelmesSeifer posted...
Microsoft is doing it along with Sony.
Isn't Sony the one band wagon hopping? Have some of you never actually seen the XBLA marketplace before?
---
PSN/XBL/Steam: mcnichoj
Proud Vita/3DS/Wii U owner. Day one PS4/X1. | Wanting people to have full knowledge of the facts about a console makes you a fanboy.
#20method115Posted 12/4/2013 9:39:13 AM
I don't mind indie games and I'm glad it's around. More games is never an issue to me. Resogun is ok but I don't play it really. Blacklight has been better and if I didn't have BF4 that's what I would be playing probably more than anything on the PS4. It's a really great free FPS very surprising.
---
PSN: method114