My Xbox One was free.

#1HedonsmBOTPosted 12/4/2013 9:26:56 AM(edited)
Back in September I preordered the Xbone/Watchdogs bundle from Walmart online.

About a week after Watchdogs was annonced elayed, Walmart called me to ask if I wanted a different bundle. I opted instead for hardware only and they told me they would credit me the 49.99 difference.

So November 22nd comes and goes and I still have no Xbone. I call customer service and they say it will be delivered on November 26th.

On November 27th I call them again and they tell me they don't know when it will ship. I told them to please cancel the order as I was a bit pissed and felt even if I had to wait till Xmas I'd rather walk into a store to get one.

The customer service people were quick and professional and told me the order had been cancelled.

fast forward to yesterday morning, the mailman drops a box on my porch which sure enough is an Xbone from Walmart.

I open it up to find a blank invoice (lists package contents as "1 x _______________")

I still have no charge on my credit card.

Now I would not be surprised if the charge goes through 3 weeks from now. I doubt Walmart got to where they are by making mistakes like this. However I will keep my fingers crossed that this was one of those rare errors in my favour.
#2krystylaPosted 12/4/2013 9:29:34 AM
Amazon sure does
---
FC: 4227 - 1514- 7752 IGN:Mara
PSN: JudasInHell
#3regsantotomasPosted 12/4/2013 9:37:23 AM
Gamer gets free Xbox One?
Walmart loses money?

Win Win
---
the bitter truth is that in the grand scheme of things, the average piece of junk is probably more meaningful than our criticism designating it so. ~ Anton Ego
#4HedonsmBOT(Topic Creator)Posted 12/4/2013 9:40:28 AM
I actually feel a bit guilty (assuming the charge never goes through) I'm actually a Walmart defender (probably because I've never worked for them)
#5Ch3wyPosted 12/4/2013 9:42:44 AM
Find out what Walmart considers acceptable loss from inventory shrinkage and you'll feel a lot less guilty.

At any rate they can request it back or request for you to pay for it now you got it. But it's Walmart so they probably wont. If you're cool with stealing an Xbone from Walmart you'll probably get away with it just fine.
---
Every time you point out that something is an opinion Jesus shoots a kitten in the face.
#6kedan2005Posted 12/4/2013 11:27:30 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#7Cosmic_DiabeticPosted 12/4/2013 11:28:04 AM
regsantotomas posted...
Walmart loses money?

Win Win

yeah **** the economy!
---
"i've had sex with a chick who was a psy major, so yeah i think i know what aspergers is" -LiquidFuze180
#8regsantotomasPosted 12/4/2013 11:30:41 AM
Cosmic_Diabetic posted...
regsantotomas posted...
Walmart loses money?

Win Win

yeah **** the economy!

Ha ha.

That's funny if you think this one anomaly is going to be a blip on Walmart's bottom line let alone the economy.
---
the bitter truth is that in the grand scheme of things, the average piece of junk is probably more meaningful than our criticism designating it so. ~ Anton Ego
#9natevinesPosted 12/4/2013 11:31:24 AM
That's cool. Amazon accidentally sent me two and billed for one. I sold one at a profit of $100 and took the other one.

So yeah, I actually got paid to take mine.
---
Gamertag- MidgetRifleman
#10aray48Posted 12/4/2013 11:32:50 AM
Walmart defender? Did you not see the news about the food drive?