The name xbone was it supposed to be a bash??

#1john11ver44Posted 12/4/2013 9:52:56 AM
I always thought the name xbone was given by PS fanboys. Is it supposed to be xbone as in x-box-one in short, and not an insult?
#2skermacPosted 12/4/2013 9:53:42 AM
Correct. But some fanboys use it as an insult incorrectly.
---
To the edge of the universe and back, endure and survive
#3elchris79Posted 12/4/2013 9:58:06 AM
Of course it's an insult. It sounds ridiculous.
#4Fredrick2003xPosted 12/4/2013 10:38:02 AM
It comes from two things.

1) When everybody made a big deal about playing as a dog from Call of Duty: Ghosts (dog bone)

and

2) Getting "boned" as in getting screwed by Microsoft, because that's what happens when you buy it.
---
Currently Playing: Hatsune Miku Project Diva F (CFM, 2012) - Alan Wake (Remedy, 2010)
#5faboo95Posted 12/4/2013 10:40:47 AM
I'm pretty sure it was the XBOX community that came up with the name after the name reveal. Remember, initially a lot of fans were definitely not behind the XBONE.
---
Grrr: http://i.imgur.com/WC72P.gif
Shy: http://i.imgur.com/bhFeB.gif
#6TBONE_OGPosted 12/4/2013 10:45:00 AM
I did dislike it at first but now it's grown on me and I like it. And I have an X1.

If fact, you can rename your console.... yup, mine is named "XBONE". I think it's fitting since I'm TBONE and I did get a faulty disc drive on my first X1...
---
Always O.G.
#7HedonsmBOTPosted 12/4/2013 10:52:21 AM
The shipping label on my box said : "XBONE HDW BNDLE"
#8Dannyson97Posted 12/4/2013 10:54:59 AM
It used to be a insult, but then Microsoft bought the site www.Xbone.com and it became the nickname.
---
"I will be damned if I can't get drunk with out passing out drowning in my pizza!" -John Stewart
#9Orange_ApplesPosted 12/4/2013 11:01:36 AM
It was the name before the reveal even finished. Really it was just funny and unfortunate for MS, although they have taken it in good stride. It is the official unofficial nickname of the console. It was only after when MS diehard fanboys took offense to it that it became an insult. Most people like the name, there are only a few who cant understand that it is all in good fun. They act as though calling the XB1 "Xbone " is the same thing as killing their dog in front of them while burning down an orphanage.
---
PC + Nintendo
Winning combination in the late 80s, winning combination in the 90s, winning combination today.
#10aszsithPosted 12/4/2013 11:03:50 AM
Nearly any nickname has both positive and negative connotations. Calling a tall person "Stretch" for example may sound find, but the tall person may take offense that you are singling out an obvious characteristic of theirs and may not be flattered by it.

I like the XBOne moniker. And if MS doesn't like it, they should have planned ahead used a NUMBER like before. The predecessor wasn't named the XboxThreeSixty after all.
---
I own a XBOne, PS3, XBOX360, and Wii. I'm in it for the gameplay, not the logo on the box. Can you say the same?