To put this banning issue to rest

#21Kosmo240985(Topic Creator)Posted 12/4/2013 10:14:56 AM
Cosmic_Diabetic posted...
TBONE_OG posted...
Maybe we need a rating system for our upload videos? As in, a little box to check if your video has foul language.

You know... to protect the children.

That is a great solution.
Which is exactly why Microsoft won't implement it...

you never know, it's a new service for microsoft. they may change it later on down the road.

the xbox one as well as the ps4 are not finished products....they will be tweaked throughout their lifetime.

just like the ps3 and 360 were tweaked.

i mean even when the 360 came out there was no party chat that got added in a year later.
---
GT: Kozzie85
#22Cosmic_DiabeticPosted 12/4/2013 10:18:09 AM(edited)
Reflex-Arc posted...
I hate it when I get kicked out of the theater during a movie for adding my own profanity laden commentary. I paid for my seat, I should be able to do what I want while I sit there. Rabble rabble freedom of speech rabble rabble.

THIS was the best argument you could come up with Straw Man....

---
"i've had sex with a chick who was a psy major, so yeah i think i know what aspergers is" -LiquidFuze180
#23Juzten76Posted 12/4/2013 10:16:01 AM
aray48 posted...
Juzten76 posted...
aray48 posted...
Charges you $60 to use their service. Can't curse in commentary on your own video. Fun stuff.

It's available for anyone to watch at any age. Are you dense?

People are too overprotective of kids these days, and there are numerous ways for kids to hear bad naughty cursey words in their everyday lives through most forms of media.

I can tell you have no kids. There are no forms of media that my 10 year old daughter is using that exposes her to vulgar language on a daily basis. If you're using that as an argument you're going to lose. If you can't see the reason for microsoft censoring uploaded content then you have already lost.
#24Special-EddPosted 12/4/2013 10:16:31 AM
aray48 posted...
Special-Edd posted...
aray48 posted...
Charges you $60 to use their service. Can't curse in commentary on your own video. Fun stuff.

I highlighted the key part of your post there. It's their service which means they can police it how they see fit. Just because you pay for that service doesn't mean you don't have to abide by their rules. Lets not pretend that this is something new. You can't use profanity in your gamertag or profile even though you pay for the subscription fee.

Sure, they can police it. I know that they can do this. That doesn't mean I have to agree with it. They can implement a rating system or something rather than keep it the way it is.

They could and might in the future. The point is that they do have some responsibility for some of the stuff that happens on their service and if that means I have to restrain myself slightly while uploading a video then so be it. I really don't think it is asking much. You might not agree with what they are doing but until they figure out a better way to handle things then you have to deal with it if you want to use their service.
---
RebelGameMaster: You can't say poop is better than french toast because some people like the taste of poop.
Proud day one adopter of PS4 and Xbox One
#25aray48Posted 12/4/2013 10:16:32 AM
Reflex-Arc posted...
I hate it when I get kicked out of the theater during a movie for adding my own profanity laden commentary. I paid for my seat, I should be able to do what I want while I sit there. Rabble rabble freedom of speech rabble rabble.

THIS was the best argument you could come up with....

I hate it when I am in Church and start cursing at the priest and they kick me out. This is MURICA
#26TBONE_OGPosted 12/4/2013 10:17:19 AM
True_Warrior52 posted...
TBONE_OG posted...
Maybe we need a rating system for our upload videos? As in, a little box to check if your video has foul language.

Wait. Are. Are you. Really?

YOU'RE ACTUALLY OFFERING CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM ON A GFAQS BOARD?! >.<

I can from time to time. But hey, some people like to cuss.

Also think about this. Say I upload a video of DR3 and Nick cusses... what then?

Put up an option for an adult rating on upload videos. If you have a child account on XBL, you can't watch it. Simple as that. I'm sure the xbox team can think of something better.
---
Always O.G.
#27theshovellerPosted 12/4/2013 10:18:05 AM
Kosmo240985 posted...
TBONE_OG posted...

That is a great solution.
Which is exactly why Microsoft won't implement it...

you never know, it's a new service for microsoft. they may change it later on down the road.

the xbox one as well as the ps4 are not finished products....they will be tweaked throughout their lifetime.

just like the ps3 and 360 were tweaked.

i mean even when the 360 came out there was no party chat that got added in a year later.

I kinda wanted to try Chromehounds before they added in Party Chat and sort of "killed" the mic aspect to that game, but I only had satellite internet at the time and thus had massive ping - I was lucky to connect to Live, let alone do anything actually online. It had this feature where you would actually have static in your mic, and then you would actually lose voicechat altogether when you went out of range of your team's radar / radio range, until you captured another radio tower. Heard it wasn't the same after party chat got implemented (since it worked around that system) and that the game kinda folded some time after that.
---
Stupid, stupid rat creatures!!!
#28HypnoCooshPosted 12/4/2013 10:18:44 AM
Juzten76 posted...
aray48 posted...
Juzten76 posted...
aray48 posted...

People are too overprotective of kids these days, and there are numerous ways for kids to hear bad naughty cursey words in their everyday lives through most forms of media.

I can tell you have no kids. There are no forms of media that my 10 year old daughter is using that exposes her to vulgar language on a daily basis. If you're using that as an argument you're going to lose. If you can't see the reason for microsoft censoring uploaded content then you have already lost.

I don't know man, MS needs to come up with a better system than just suspending people for using their service or product. The xbone isn't JUST a system for children. Get a Wii U if you don;t want your child exposed to violent games and profanity and let the adult gamers rein free!!! They are the ones floating the bill after all.
---
You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist. ~F.Nietzsche~
#29Kosmo240985(Topic Creator)Posted 12/4/2013 10:19:49 AM
HypnoCoosh posted...
Juzten76 posted...
aray48 posted...
Juzten76 posted...
aray48 posted...

I don't know man, MS needs to come up with a better system than just suspending people for using their service or product. The xbone isn't JUST a system for children. Get a Wii U if you don;t want your child exposed to violent games and profanity and let the adult gamers rein free!!! They are the ones floating the bill after all.

this is the dumbest thing i've heard all day
---
GT: Kozzie85
#30Ch3wyPosted 12/4/2013 10:21:25 AM(edited)
I think the censorship of these videos is discriminating against those with tourette syndrome. It's very clear that Microsoft hates disabled people and has an agenda to exterminate them.
---
Every time you point out that something is an opinion Jesus shoots a kitten in the face.