Does an unnoticeable difference in resolution make multiplates any more fun?

#11bob15xPosted 12/4/2013 1:01:23 PM
Afro_Puff_ posted...
I own BF4 on both PC and Xbone. Although the PC looks better visually, it was just as fun on the bone. And that's a HUGE difference in visuals, not the minuscule amount between the Xbox and PS.

I have one both too, and while the pc looks amazing, its nice to sit relaxed on the couch and I do love shouting medic.

but also, pc version has so many more campers and (insert curse word here) than console versions. also at least every other game there is at least one cheater.
#12Viet0nePosted 12/4/2013 1:04:17 PM
Anyone who says 720p and 1080p isn't a noticeable difference is too blind to make any conclusions about visual quality.
---
Currently Playing: Civ5
PSN/XBL : VietOne
#13Afro_Puff_(Topic Creator)Posted 12/4/2013 1:09:06 PM
bob15x posted...
Afro_Puff_ posted...
I own BF4 on both PC and Xbone. Although the PC looks better visually, it was just as fun on the bone. And that's a HUGE difference in visuals, not the minuscule amount between the Xbox and PS.

I have one both too, and while the pc looks amazing, its nice to sit relaxed on the couch and I do love shouting medic.

but also, pc version has so many more campers and (insert curse word here) than console versions. also at least every other game there is at least one cheater.

So, would you say that better visuals doesn't always make a game better?
#14Joey-ZazaPosted 12/4/2013 1:11:32 PM
How is that unnoticable? Check out this comparison.

http://irbgamer.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/08/battlefield-4-06.jpg - PS4

http://s278.photobucket.com/user/kiff_storey/media/REGBC/voices.jpg.html - X-box One
---
"I guess you could say I BLUE... myself!" - Tobias Funke
-StarTropics- -Golden Sun- -Ocarina of Time-
#15Mr BumpPosted 12/4/2013 1:13:17 PM
If you can't notice the difference between 720p and 1080p or think it's 'minuscule', you need a bigger and better TV dude.
---
My games room: http://imgur.com/a/CA2yz
XBL: Mister Bump PSN: Mr_BumpNZ
#16bob15xPosted 12/4/2013 1:21:50 PM
Afro_Puff_ posted...
bob15x posted...
Afro_Puff_ posted...

So, would you say that better visuals doesn't always make a game better?

correct, you have to look at the whole picture. I had bf3 on pc and 360 and there was a huge gap and i usually played on 360
#17Afro_Puff_(Topic Creator)Posted 12/4/2013 1:22:06 PM
Mr Bump posted...
If you can't notice the difference between 720p and 1080p or think it's 'minuscule', you need a bigger and better TV dude.

You missed the point of the original post. The difference between the PC and Xbone is a noticeable difference, the difference between the 360 and the X1 is noticeable.

In comparison the difference between the X1 and PS4 IS minuscule. So if I'm saying I had just as much fun on the PC then I did on the Xbox, wouldn't I have just as much fun on the PS4 then I would on the Xbone?
#18Mr BumpPosted 12/4/2013 2:27:26 PM
Afro_Puff_ posted...
Mr Bump posted...

You missed the point of the original post. The difference between the PC and Xbone is a noticeable difference, the difference between the 360 and the X1 is noticeable.

In comparison the difference between the X1 and PS4 IS minuscule. So if I'm saying I had just as much fun on the PC then I did on the Xbox, wouldn't I have just as much fun on the PS4 then I would on the Xbone?

I own both an XBO and a PS4. It is not minuscule - it is very noticeable and actually affects gameplay - in COD and BF4 you definitely can't pick out details in the distance on the XBO, making sniping etc much harder. Sure, my PC is better again, but s***, the XBO cost me $100 more! And the games look inferior! How is that an acceptable situation??
---
My games room: http://imgur.com/a/CA2yz
XBL: Mister Bump PSN: Mr_BumpNZ
#19UtterMoonPosted 12/4/2013 2:30:25 PM
Unnoticeable difference...between 720p and 1080p? I..umm...you may need to get your eyes checked out, bub.
#20Ramsus082Posted 12/4/2013 2:30:29 PM
I disagree, the difference between next-gen versions of multiplatform games are noticeable. I also don't think the XboxOne's limitations will appear just in the number of pixels; I wouldn't be surprised to see generally smaller levels in XboxOne games, or worse physics and AI. No idea why people think that resolution is the end of the story....
---
Band I'm listening to - "Song I'm listening to"