It doesn't matter which console is more powerful.

#1NinjaGuerraPosted 12/4/2013 3:44:36 PM
Companies developing multi-platform games aren't going to take the time to optimize for each console to its fullest extent, they will simply port it to the best of their abilities.

The differences in multiplatform games will remain subtle as they already are.

All that matters is which console has the games that you want to play.

Lets say the PS4 is more powerful, whats the point of buying it if you don't like Killzone, Uncharted, or Infamous?

Lets say the Xbox One is more powerful, why buy it if you don't like DR3 or Forza?
---
No game will ever come close to the fun I had playing Castlevania: HD.
PSN/Gamertag/LoL: NinjaGuerra
#2Mander1861Posted 12/4/2013 3:46:08 PM
Oh it matters.
It matters soo much you dont even know.
---
Gamefaqs most "liked" and respected poster. Global warming is real. My IQ is 153 Mensa certified.
Evolution is fact. Gamefaqs Life coach and mentor.
#3jpraelsterPosted 12/4/2013 3:49:25 PM
Mander1861 posted...
Oh it matters.

Yes it matters so much so that most of the games on last gen played better on the xbox 360 yet the ps3 was more powerful
#4ripvisionPosted 12/4/2013 3:51:27 PM
Mander1861 posted...
Oh it matters.

No no no, price doesn't matter, specs don't matter and sales don't matter, nothing matters just xbox - cause you know, xbox matters.
#5Ramsus082Posted 12/4/2013 3:52:19 PM
Most games will be multiplatform this generation, especially the biggest ones. Imagine if your favourite game you play this generation suddenly doubles it's resolution; Who wouldn't think this is a big deal? Of course it is.

We all know that graphics don't make games great. But they sure as hell make good games better.
---
Band I'm listening to - "Song I'm listening to"
#6jpraelsterPosted 12/4/2013 3:52:56 PM
ripvision posted...
Mander1861 posted...
Oh it matters.

No no no, price doesn't matter, specs don't matter and sales don't matter, nothing matters just xbox - cause you know, xbox matters.

The only thing that matters is people are happy on what console they have if they can only buy one
Be it the xbox1,ps4,wiiu it doesnt matter as long as the people are happy
#7AzaneAzerPosted 12/4/2013 3:53:50 PM
By this logic, why isnt the SNES or PS1 winning this console war?
#83HPPosted 12/4/2013 4:26:44 PM
NinjaGuerra posted...
Lets say the Xbox One is more powerful, why buy it if you don't like DR3 or Forza?

But its not... and it never will be.

Last gen the differences were subtle. This gen the difference in resolution is already pretty significant even for launch titles.
#9cheezedadadaPosted 12/4/2013 4:28:04 PM
AzaneAzer posted...
By this logic, why isnt the SNES or PS1 winning this console war?

LOL
---
"I just bought Divekick. 80% because it looks funny, and 20% out of spite" - SG64
PSN- cheezedadadada XBL- cheezedadada
#10ripvisionPosted 12/4/2013 4:43:36 PM
jpraelster posted...
ripvision posted...
Mander1861 posted...
Oh it matters.

The only thing that matters is people are happy on what console they have if they can only buy one
Be it the xbox1,ps4,wiiu it doesnt matter as long as the people are happy

Yes you are right, I was happy with my Dreamcast, thats all that mattered - for about two years.