It doesn't matter which console is more powerful.

#11mygoodluckcharmPosted 12/4/2013 5:46:23 PM
given a choice I still prefer to play my favorite games in console that more powerful though.
#12method115Posted 12/4/2013 6:06:37 PM
What is it with people saying it doesn't matter? Resolution doesn't matter, graphics don't matter, specs don't matter.

All these things do matter. will any one of them make our break a console? No, but it does matter at least to me and my opinion is more important than yours when it comes to the devices I buy.
---
PSN: method114
#13CourtofOwlsPosted 12/4/2013 6:08:04 PM
damn straight
pc master race ftw
---
[?]
Boycott Best Buy!
#14Nave316Posted 12/4/2013 6:27:47 PM
Which console is more powerful matters. It is already showing its impact on the first mutliplatform titles released for launch on both new consoles. It already matters in terms of playing the same game in either 720p native on the XBONE, or 1080p native on the PS4. Which is a huge difference in quality. And these are multiplatform titles we are talking about here.

This generation has already started out proving that developers aren't going to gimp the PS4 version of a multiplatform game just so it can also run the same on the inferior XBONE. Sure, the multiplatform games of this next generation might be designed from the ground up to be playable on the less powerful system (XBONE), but that doesn't the same title wont be optimized to perform even better on the more powerful system (the PS4).

And besides multiplatform games, it matters that the PS4 is more powerful because the exclusive titles developed for that system will showcase that power difference. Making it all the more desirable to gamers looking for the best gaming experiences available.

So, it really does matter which system is more powerful. When this next generation gets into full swing and no PS3 or 360 games are being made anymore, you wont be seeing any new multiplatform titles being released on the Wii-U. And that is because it is not as powerful as the XBONE and PS4. There is no way developers are gonna gimp multiplatform games on the PS4 and XBONE just so that they can play on the Wii-U as well. So it matters a lot which system is more powerful.

If multiplatform games perform at 1080p and a higher frame rate on the PS4, and if the exclusive PS4 games take full advantage of the extra power of the system, then being the more powerful system matters a lot.
#15RaRitsujunPosted 12/4/2013 6:29:37 PM
Xbone720p'd.
---
18700 XBL Gamerscores | 36 PSN Platinums - Level 23 | 7101 AppleGC pts
Demon's Souls and DARK SOULS are the real videogames.
#16The_Man_On_FirePosted 12/4/2013 6:36:16 PM
NinjaGuerra posted...

Lets say the PS4 is more powerful,

not true next gen
#17aj4x94Posted 12/4/2013 6:41:26 PM
It doesn't matter who we are... what matters is our plan
---
Playing: Skyrim, Lone Survivor, GTA V, Siren Blood Curse, ICO/Shadow of the Colossus, Splinter Cell Blacklist
PSN: T-Snake94, XBL: T-Snake 94
#18originalselfPosted 12/4/2013 6:59:04 PM
The X1 will never be as powerful as the PS4. That is a simple fact. The real question is how much it matters to everyone personally. If the fact that the PS4 is more powerful means you don't want a X1 then kindly buy a PS4 and leave it be.

If you already have the superior console why expend so much time on the X1 boards. It seems to me a lot of people that claim the X1 is insignificant think about it a lot still.

I can stomach some lesser fidelity for the convenience of keeping my friends list.
---
GTA V Crew: http://socialclub.rockstargames.com/crew/moonlighters
#19Cosmic_DiabeticPosted 12/4/2013 7:02:21 PM
jpraelster posted...
Yes it matters so much so that most of the games on last gen played better on the xbox 360 yet the ps3 was more powerful

completely irrelevant seeing as how PS3 and Xbox 360 hardware were nothing alike and we all know that's not the case this time around
---
"i've had sex with a chick who was a psy major, so yeah i think i know what aspergers is" -LiquidFuze180
#20mikurubeamPosted 12/4/2013 7:11:04 PM
Doesn't matter what car you drive as long as you long as you get from point A to point B right?
---
http://s4.postimg.org/y2knhh2a5/untitled.jpg
Video games are fun but so is staying shape!