It doesn't matter which console is more powerful.

#21xHuckleberryPosted 12/4/2013 6:19:02 PM
mikurubeam posted...
Doesn't matter what car you drive as long as you long as you get from point A to point B right?

I wish.
#22NinjaGuerra(Topic Creator)Posted 12/4/2013 6:35:09 PM
The funny thing is that the differences are not huge at all, and as I've said no developer is going to go out of their way to optimize multiplatform games to their full potential for an individual console.

Look at comparison videos, play them in person.

If you think the differences of an upscaled 720p with better textures vs a native 1080p game are worth arguing then that's your prerogative.

The only time it will matter is comparing different games, uncharted vs halo, Gran turismo vs Forza. But it doesn't matter much at all, because it all boils down to what you would rather play.
---
No game will ever come close to the fun I had playing Castlevania: HD.
PSN/Gamertag/LoL: NinjaGuerra
#233HPPosted 12/4/2013 6:41:07 PM
NinjaGuerra posted...
The funny thing is that the differences are not huge at all, and as I've said no developer is going to go out of their way to optimize multiplatform games to their full potential for an individual console.

If you think the differences of an upscaled 720p with better textures vs a native 1080p game are worth arguing then that's your prerogative.

The only time it will matter is comparing different games, uncharted vs halo, Gran turismo vs Forza. But it doesn't matter much at all, because it all boils down to what you would rather play.

Better texture? delusional much? Also, lol at ugly, compressed youtube comparison videos. If no developer was going out of their way to multiplat games then the ps4 versions would have the same resolution as xbone.

Your are really making this look like a reassurance topic.
#24NinjaGuerra(Topic Creator)Posted 12/4/2013 6:48:25 PM(edited)
3HP posted...
NinjaGuerra posted...

Better texture? delusional much? Also, lol at ugly, compressed youtube comparison videos. If no developer was going out of their way to multiplat games then the ps4 versions would have the same resolution as xbone.

Your are really making this look like a reassurance topic.

Have you mistaken me for some plebeian?
I have a high end gaming PC so what is there to reassure? xD

I'm gonna get a PS4 for Uncharted anyways, I'm not some fanboy that feels the need to pick sides.

Just calm down and play the games you want to play, there is no need for pointless comparisons.
---
PSN/Gamertag/LoL: NinjaGuerra
#25blacksinowPosted 12/4/2013 7:46:47 PM
If power doesn't matter in a console, then explain the Wii-U and it's lack of nextgen capability?
#26savagechild89Posted 12/4/2013 7:47:13 PM
jpraelster posted...
Mander1861 posted...
Oh it matters.
It matters soo much you dont even know.

Yes it matters so much so that most of the games on last gen played better on the xbox 360 yet the ps3 was more powerful

thats because ps3 was a nightmare to code for according to devs. sony didnt make that mistake again. most devs who tried to make a port were only able to essentially half ass the ps3 version.

now i dont know how easy it is to code for the xbox one but from what i understand the ps4 is amazing to code for. we will see in the coming years how it plays out.
---
PSN: Savagechild89, 3DS Friendcode: 4983-5811-5759, Wii U: Littleraven89
#27DaMan1900Posted 12/4/2013 7:48:03 PM
NinjaGuerra posted...
Companies developing multi-platform games aren't going to take the time to optimize for each console to its fullest extent, they will simply port it to the best of their abilities.

The differences in multiplatform games will remain subtle as they already are.

All that matters is which console has the games that you want to play.

Lets say the PS4 is more powerful, whats the point of buying it if you don't like Killzone, Uncharted, or Infamous?

Lets say the Xbox One is more powerful, why buy it if you don't like DR3 or Forza?

....the first round of multiplats suggest otherwise but k
---
Ex Sony Fanboy
#28NinjaGuerra(Topic Creator)Posted 12/4/2013 7:52:03 PM
DaMan1900 posted...
NinjaGuerra posted...
Companies developing multi-platform games aren't going to take the time to optimize for each console to its fullest extent, they will simply port it to the best of their abilities.

Lets say the PS4 is more powerful, whats the point of buying it if you don't like Killzone, Uncharted, or Infamous?

Lets say the Xbox One is more powerful, why buy it if you don't like DR3 or Forza?

....the first round of multiplats suggest otherwise but k

...But they don't so k.
---
PSN/Gamertag/Steam: NinjaGuerra
#29aszsithPosted 12/4/2013 7:55:27 PM
NinjaGuerra posted...

Get out of here with your logic you anti-troll! This is no time or place for being sensible!

In all seriousness though, you are correct. The OG Xbox was vastly superior to the PS2 in terms of power, yet multi-plat games were designed with the PS2 as the lead platform because developers will develop for the least common denominator, not the biggest.

The PS3 was more powerful than the 360, and again, only first party titles really benefitted from it as nearly all multi-plat games were developed with the 360 as the lead platform, and in the case of Unreal Engine games and everything Bethesda and Valve made, the PS3 versions were considerably flawed in comparison.

This gen, the systems are rather close (in comparison to the vast differences in the prior two cycles) in terms of specs, so the gap will be less.
---
I own a XBOne, PS3, XBOX360, and Wii. I'm in it for the gameplay, not the logo on the box. Can you say the same?
#30NinjaGuerra(Topic Creator)Posted 12/4/2013 8:05:17 PM
aszsith posted...
NinjaGuerra posted...

Get out of here with your logic you anti-troll! This is no time or place for being sensible!

In all seriousness though, you are correct. The OG Xbox was vastly superior to the PS2 in terms of power, yet multi-plat games were designed with the PS2 as the lead platform because developers will develop for the least common denominator, not the biggest.

The PS3 was more powerful than the 360, and again, only first party titles really benefitted from it as nearly all multi-plat games were developed with the 360 as the lead platform, and in the case of Unreal Engine games and everything Bethesda and Valve made, the PS3 versions were considerably flawed in comparison.

This gen, the systems are rather close (in comparison to the vast differences in the prior two cycles) in terms of specs, so the gap will be less.

How dare you come in here with your valuable additional comments!
---
PSN/Gamertag/Steam: NinjaGuerra