It doesn't matter which console is more powerful.

#31slowdog76Posted 12/5/2013 12:41:35 AM
power matters up to a point. it matters in the sense that people want machines that do more than the one they used to have, will produce better looking games, and so on. but, in comparison to each other, there is no need. it's like saying that ferrari's car is dreadful because it finished .5 seconds behind the red bull. (F1 metaphors ftw).

i have a friend who is intelligent, well spoken, and used to be a heavy PC gamer. He came to xbox about 4/5 years ago, and almost begrudgingly went to XB1 along with me and a bunch of others. For him, especially given his PC background, resolution and graphics capabilities are more important than mine, and he has been more disappointed than I with how many games that have ended up as 720p. It's really bugged him. Then he went to his brothers for a few days, and got to play on his siblings PS4. he played bf4 (which he adores on XB1) and killzone, amongst others. his verdict on both are that they like nice, but really dont 'play' well, what with stutters and what not. his final verdict on the games was that they could probably have done with a 720p native res so that they would run better.
---
I hear and I forget. I see and I remember. I do and I understand.
Confucius
#32Raven-ZPosted 12/5/2013 12:46:03 AM
PS3 outsold the 360 globally despite the disparity in release date and price. It sold because of the strength of its exclusive software.

This time there is no release date advantage on either side. Power goes to Sony. Price goes to Sony. Exclusive software over time will go to Sony.
---
http://gamercards.exophase.com/517987.png
Reviews are a metric of quality. Sales are a metric of popularity.
#33ImThe8thWonderPosted 12/5/2013 12:47:34 AM
jpraelster posted...
Mander1861 posted...
Oh it matters.
It matters soo much you dont even know.

Yes it matters so much so that most of the games on last gen played better on the xbox 360 yet the ps3 was more powerful

Power potential =/= developers will utilize the potential. PS3 hardware was too complicated to use full graphical capabilities. But now, both the XB1 and PS4 are fairly easier to develop for, making your point moot.