Microsoft is spending insane amounts of money advertising the Xbox One

#1PhaseBlackPosted 12/4/2013 7:37:48 PM
You'd think it'd be selling as well as the PS4 with how crazily they are advertising it, I cant believe how much money they are spending on it
---
PSVita & 3DS
#2DisgaeaNutPosted 12/4/2013 7:39:06 PM
Microsoft is trying to get the console in the hands of everyone at launch because they know they need a huge initial install base because word of mouth won't be great and it's going to slow down dramatically.

A huge initial launch of sales means they can secure more games and have a chance.
#3FriedLemonPosted 12/4/2013 7:46:53 PM
I don't know how much they're spending on it but I literally see at least 5 everytime I go out. That's absurd because I've never seen something advertised so frequently in my life, it's starting to get annoying tbh.
#4staticxtreme5Posted 12/4/2013 7:51:43 PM
Funny, I'm actually seeing way more PS4 commercials.
---
Sent from my iPhone via PowerFAQs 1.12
#5Apex-PlayerPosted 12/4/2013 7:56:29 PM
I have been seeing this since they announced the terrible policies and decided to 180. If you watch spike or sportsnet, really any channel with the most viewers, you will see 5+ xbox commercials for every one ps4 commercial.

All the xbox, + any multiplat game gets advertised as on xbox.

Really desperate.
---
PSN/ Comfort_Cat
#6bossk5Posted 12/4/2013 8:17:39 PM
Apex-Player posted...
I have been seeing this since they announced the terrible policies and decided to 180. If you watch spike or sportsnet, really any channel with the most viewers, you will see 5+ xbox commercials for every one ps4 commercial.

All the xbox, + any multiplat game gets advertised as on xbox.

Really desperate.

Good advertising equals desperation? Sony advertised the s*** out of the ps4 as well. ..is that desperation too?
---
I buy used games. Piss&MoanFaqs
#7CronoGuyverPosted 12/4/2013 8:17:39 PM
People who want to get xb1, will get it no matter how badly people are speak of it.
People who dont want to get xb1, no amount of positive PR will change their minds.
---
Those who come with a sword, will die by the sword.
#8ZheakkPosted 12/4/2013 8:26:40 PM
I still don't get this...before the consoles came out I saw a bunch of PS4 commercials, and maybe a handful of XB1 commercials at least 2-3 weeks later. Since the consoles have released I actually see less commercials than before.
#9JamesOwnzMazPosted 12/4/2013 8:41:14 PM
I've seen that "Oh it's such a perfect day" ad alot more then any xbox one ad
---
I Am The Architect
#10Cosmic_DiabeticPosted 12/4/2013 8:43:23 PM
I mostly watch AMC and Comedy Central and those networks are dominated by Xbox One. It was even ironic in a south park episode about it where MS CEO talks about being above the whole marketing thing and then it IMMEDIATELY went to an xbox one commercial
---
"i've had sex with a chick who was a psy major, so yeah i think i know what aspergers is" -LiquidFuze180