Didn't the Xbox One sell better than the 360 at launch?

#1-Oath-Posted 12/4/2013 7:27:11 PM
Why are all these topics about being the last console being posted? That sounds like a very successful launch. The Xbox 360 was very popular and successful and I have no doubt Xbox One will sell better than that.

Also, I bought a PS3 at launch and plan to buy a PS4 . I never owned an Xbox product. I'm just saying all of this arguing and competition is getting a little crazy. Both consoles had amazing launches and will have an amazing life. I can't say anything for Wii U because I haven't researched or played one. Looks cool to me.
#2Jedi454Posted 12/4/2013 7:27:44 PM
Get out of my house!
---
GT: DyingRoman
My Gaming channel: https://www.youtube.com/DyingRomanGaming
#3CombaticusXYPosted 12/4/2013 7:33:13 PM
Pony's, and Haters, and trolls will have you believe that somehow one console not doing as well as another automatically means the end, while not impossible (Dreamcast, CDI, Atari) the current big three will be around for quite some time , both the One and PS4 have had successful launches as the better games and interesting features start to shine this silly console war will start to die down (except for the troll and fanboys on either side)
I can't wait to see what interesting things wil lbe out by the end of next year
---
Team SPFC: Nova/Trish/Doom...It's On now!!
PSN/Xboxlive: CombaticusXY
#4zinsindettaPosted 12/4/2013 7:34:16 PM
-Oath- posted...
Why are all these topics about being the last console being posted? That sounds like a very successful launch. The Xbox 360 was very popular and successful and I have no doubt Xbox One will sell better than that.

Also, I bought a PS3 at launch and plan to buy a PS4 . I never owned an Xbox product. I'm just saying all of this arguing and competition is getting a little crazy. Both consoles had amazing launches and will have an amazing life. I can't say anything for Wii U because I haven't researched or played one. Looks cool to me.

Well what do you suggest they do? Play Knack? Play Killzone? If you were stuck with those games you would waste your life making troll topics on gamefaq too tc.
---
Gamertag/PSN - http://gamercards.exophase.com/31441.png
http://www.bungie.net/Stats/Reach/CareerStats/default.aspx?player=SinZinDetta
#5Homie_202Posted 12/4/2013 7:35:23 PM
It's mostly either trolls or people who are worried about what ms has been saying about the games division and how they feel there isn't really a need for one. It may not be selling nearly as well as the ps4 but it will still be around unless Microsoft decides to shut down the games division. Which I highly doubt it makes them too much money.
#6DisgaeaNutPosted 12/4/2013 7:37:17 PM
zinsindetta posted...
-Oath- posted...

Well what do you suggest they do? Play Knack? Play Killzone? If you were stuck with those games you would waste your life making troll topics on gamefaq too tc.

The folks here defending the Xbox One ended up here because they were stuck with Crimson Dragon, Killer Instinct and Ryse.
#7-Oath-(Topic Creator)Posted 12/4/2013 7:40:16 PM
Both consoles have about the same level of exclusives and in the future I believe they will still.
#8ORANGE666Posted 12/4/2013 9:07:10 PM(edited)
2013 is far different from 2006. People didn't line up to preorder things back then, and the average person didn't look on the internet for news.

Both PS4 and Xone outsold their previous console in launch sales but it doesn't mean much. We won't know how well they're selling until months after and we can measure their pace. WiiU sold 3 million in its first month and then sold 1 million in 11 months, which is like 90k a month

-Oath- posted...
Both consoles have about the same level of exclusives and in the future I believe they will still.

Not true, Sony will have significantly more japanese exclusives, which they already have some announced like Yakuza.

However your correct on american games
#995_EclipsePosted 12/4/2013 9:10:50 PM
Both consoles had more availability than the 360 and Ps3 on launch. We won't know the real sales until at least mid 2014 when supply starts matching demand.

Then we'll know just how bad the PS4 is going to be beating the XBO and have an idea if XB is more or less likely to be spun off by MS (which is a very real possibility).

What I think people mistake, is that spinning off the XB brand, doesn't mean the end of Xbox, it just means a new owner.
---
Favorite game to date - Xenogears \/-/-/-/\
If you believe used games are the industries problem, then you sir or ma'am are a fool.