Fable Legends

#1Man-BoobsPosted 12/5/2013 8:08:16 AM
While the Fable games have never been among the greatest games of our generation I must admit a slight fondness for the series, however with all the disappointing spin offs that have been released I was wondering if we would actually get another proper Fable game, then I saw Fable Legends, which on closer inspection looks like another crap spin off.

That being said there are a few speaking of the game as if it is something to look out for, just wondering did they see something I didn't? Did they not look close enough? Or are they just deluded Xbots trying to find worthwhile exclusives on a console devoid of them in order to justify their purchase?

What is Fable Legends?
#2chrish909Posted 12/5/2013 8:13:42 AM
What are manboobs?
---
This is why I'm never going to get a ps4
http://www.destructoid.com/fact-ps3-fanboys-are-the-worst-149259.phtml
#3Jiggy101011Posted 12/5/2013 8:16:29 AM
Man-Boobs posted...
While the Fable games have never been among the greatest games of our generation I must admit a slight fondness for the series, however with all the disappointing spin offs that have been released I was wondering if we would actually get another proper Fable game, then I saw Fable Legends, which on closer inspection looks like another crap spin off.

That being said there are a few speaking of the game as if it is something to look out for, just wondering did they see something I didn't? Did they not look close enough? Or are they just deluded Xbots trying to find worthwhile exclusives on a console devoid of them in order to justify their purchase?

What is Fable Legends?

The only spinoff I know of is the kinect game. Are there more?
---
Gamertag: F1RE v2 PSN ID: F1REx
If you want to troll, provide a source to backup your claims.
#4AnakeriePosted 12/5/2013 8:18:35 AM(edited)
My understanding is that the next Fable game is going to be an MMO. I could be wrong about that. But after the farce that was 3, they can't go much lower. And I say that as someone who played the holy hell out of Fable 2 and loves it. Having my prince go around dancing and playing pattycake with random strangers got a bit stale quickly...

---
GT: CrampedSultana
Pawn: Zarianna
#5HelmesSeiferPosted 12/5/2013 8:44:04 AM
Anakerie posted...
My understanding is that the next Fable game is going to be an MMO. I could be wrong about that. But after the farce that was 3, they can't go much lower. And I say that as someone who played the holy hell out of Fable 2 and loves it. Having my prince go around dancing and playing pattycake with random strangers got a bit stale quickly...

If peter molyneux said it was going to be a MMO then it will undoubtedly be a first person shooter. All that guy does is lie.
---
Xbox live: CaptainMiles
PSN: AdmiralMiles
#6Joey2coolPosted 12/5/2013 8:48:58 AM
"On 20 August 2013, Lionhead Studios debuted a teaser trailer for "Fable Legends", an Xbox One exclusive set during the "Age of Heroes," long before the events of the first game. The trailer emphasizes that in the game you will play alongside four other players and may choose to be the Hero of the story or the Villain."

From Wikipedia.
---
Not changing this sig until a new Bloody Roar is announced! - Started: 10/29/2012
#7Man-Boobs(Topic Creator)Posted 12/5/2013 9:21:04 AM
Jiggy101011 posted...

There was also Fable Heroes, a 4 player brawler.

HelmesSeifer posted...
Anakerie posted...

If peter molyneux said it was going to be a MMO then it will undoubtedly be a first person shooter. All that guy does is lie.

I wouldn't say that exactly, pretty sure PM just gets a little excited and runs his mouth off about all these big ideas he has for the game before they try to implement them and find out for one reason or another they aren't exactly feasible.

That being said he is no longer with Lionhead and someone else is calling the shots on this new Fable game

Joey2cool posted...
"On 20 August 2013, Lionhead Studios debuted a teaser trailer for "Fable Legends", an Xbox One exclusive set during the "Age of Heroes," long before the events of the first game. The trailer emphasizes that in the game you will play alongside four other players and may choose to be the Hero of the story or the Villain."

From Wikipedia.

Well technically there are 5 players, 4 players work together and play the part of the heroes and the 5th plays the part of the villain setting traps and throwing monsters at the heroes, at least that is what I have heard.

You don't get to create your own hero and instead get to choose from a bunch of predefined heroes, for instance the charming rogue, the grizzled ranger, the drunken brawler, the ice witch ect.

The meat of the game pretty much seems like a 4 player co-op dungeon hack and slash with a 5th player trying to stop you, sounds like it could be interesting however considering how shallow the combat in fable games usually is sounds like it could also be quite crap, time will tell.
#8HelmesSeiferPosted 12/5/2013 12:36:50 PM
Man-Boobs posted...
Jiggy101011 posted...

That being said he is no longer with Lionhead and someone else is calling the shots on this new Fable game

That sir is outstanding news.
---
Xbox live: CaptainMiles
PSN: AdmiralMiles
#9BlazingxPaddlesPosted 12/5/2013 12:41:59 PM
Fable Legends is a Fable game with a Dungeons and Dragons mix to the gameplay.

It doesn't look story driven, exactly. One player plays the "dungeon master" and it's their job to make the game as difficult as possible for the "hero" players trying to finish the game/board whatever they'll call the instances.

So, it doesn't look like a classic open-world fable. But, it's not a shoot on rails, like the kinect fable was either.

Also, to the person who said the kinect game was the only spin-off, the XBLA has had two Fable spin-off games, a brawler and pub games.
#10Man-Boobs(Topic Creator)Posted 12/8/2013 6:07:52 PM
HelmesSeifer posted...
Man-Boobs posted...
That being said he is no longer with Lionhead and someone else is calling the shots on this new Fable game.

That sir is outstanding news.

Time will tell, personally I am not so sure.