Nottingham teenager furious after paying for a photo of an XBox One on eBay

#1cormpopsPosted 12/5/2013 8:42:14 AM
http://www.nottinghampost.com/Warning-student-pays-pound-450-photo-Xbox/story-20263203-detail/story.html

A TEENAGER has been left fuming after mistakenly buying a photo of an in-demand computer console online.

Peter Clatworthy thought he had paid 450 for an XBox One console on eBay, but actually received a picture of one in the post.

The 19-year-old student, of Bilborough, had saved up in order to buy a limited edition Day One version of the console as a surprise Christmas present for his four-year-old son, McKenzie.

He has now contested the purchase with eBay, which has investigated and stated he should get a full refund from the seller.

---
http://i.imgur.com/eiYjFfJ.jpg?1
http://i.imgur.com/acb8m4r.jpg?1
#2Joey2coolPosted 12/5/2013 8:45:16 AM
The ad even stated that it was a photo. He should not get a refund. He's an idiot.
---
Not changing this sig until a new Bloody Roar is announced! - Started: 10/29/2012
#3aszsithPosted 12/5/2013 8:45:41 AM
Its unfortunate, but he even states that the listing specifically said that it was a photo and not the console and that he considered not buying it, but decided to give it a shot. He should be entitled to nothing more than the $500 lesson he paid for.
---
I own a XBOne, PS3, XBOX360, and Wii. I'm in it for the gameplay, not the logo on the box. Can you say the same?
#4touyamizrahiPosted 12/5/2013 8:46:57 AM
Joey2cool posted...
The ad even stated that it was a photo. He should not get a refund. He's an idiot.

of course he's an idiot. he has a kid at 15....and called a boy McKenzie....I doubt he read the article :P. These stories make me lol ^.^
---
Thinking about what to put here. Open to ideas :).
PS4 vs XBOne my joy since E3 <3
#5CyberneticRatPosted 12/5/2013 8:47:12 AM
Give him a break, it was a Christmas present for his son. This whole shebang should have been lesson enough. No need for him to lose his money too.
---
Gamer Tag: MANNKILLER83
Proud Supporter of The Wonderbolts
#6pitt12177Posted 12/5/2013 8:50:11 AM
That is awesome.
#7LapanuiPosted 12/5/2013 8:50:21 AM
Can't believe we have people like this living in our country...

Again, he should get a refund. Nobody wants to be duped out of 450, the seller's intentions weren't honest and genuine. It was a way to trick someone into spending a large sum of money for something completely worthless.

It's like when you search something on Ebay and you see listings of products that aren't what you searched, but it's in the name of the item with a ton of other names that are probably searched a hell of a lot. It's false advertising.
---
GT: Zichu PSN: Zichu NNID: Zichu1
#8AnakeriePosted 12/5/2013 8:50:50 AM
Nottingham, eh? Oh, Robin Hood, you scamp...
---
GT: CrampedSultana
Pawn: Zarianna
#9NatatteruPosted 12/5/2013 8:51:18 AM
Bahaha what an utter idiot, I hope he doesn't get a refund of any sort.
---
3DS: 3239-2567-4999 PSN: NatatBW XBL: Natatdood
Mains: BBCP: Bang - P4A: Liz - AE: Cammy/Ibuki - 3s: Makoto - MBAACC: H-VSion/C-Ryougi - GGXXAC+R: May
#10Joey2coolPosted 12/5/2013 8:54:17 AM
Lapanui posted...
Can't believe we have people like this living in our country...

Again, he should get a refund. Nobody wants to be duped out of 450, the seller's intentions weren't honest and genuine. It was a way to trick someone into spending a large sum of money for something completely worthless.

It's like when you search something on Ebay and you see listings of products that aren't what you searched, but it's in the name of the item with a ton of other names that are probably searched a hell of a lot. It's false advertising.

It wasn't false advertising, and it wasn't a trick. The listing said it was a photo, and the seller attached a price to it. He didn't list a genuine Xbox One console, just a photo. If the ad was for the actual console itself, and the buyer received a photo, THAT would be a trick and an example of false advertising.

He even mentioned he was skeptical of the ad himself. He should be more careful with what he does with his money, especially since he has a son.
---
Not changing this sig until a new Bloody Roar is announced! - Started: 10/29/2012