Nottingham teenager furious after paying for a photo of an XBox One on eBay

#171AvirosbPosted 12/9/2013 9:00:07 AM
NermaI posted...
Avirosb posted...
Keven_Koopa posted...
I don't get what the problem everyone's having. He was SCAMMED out of his money, (sheets of paper are not 8GB of memory and the article insisted that that's the item he's buying, THEREFORE he was SCAMMED because he DIDN'T GET THE ITEM IN THE ARTICLE) he fought for justice and apparently got an Xbox One in the process and now you have one more number you guys can shuck up in your "Xbox One" victory and people are still outraged by this.

I seriously don't get the internet.
Seems like you have a problem of your own then.

Actually, he's quite correct. There was nothing lawful about this scam at all.

Didn't it specifically say 'photo'?
Lawful or not, awful or not, it ain't particualry priceworthy to claim you're buying a 450 piece of hardware for a 4 year old either.
He must not have custody.
---
Console wars are like pissing contests. So yeah.
#172NermaIPosted 12/9/2013 9:02:12 AM
Avirosb posted...
NermaI posted...
Avirosb posted...
Keven_Koopa posted...
I don't get what the problem everyone's having. He was SCAMMED out of his money, (sheets of paper are not 8GB of memory and the article insisted that that's the item he's buying, THEREFORE he was SCAMMED because he DIDN'T GET THE ITEM IN THE ARTICLE) he fought for justice and apparently got an Xbox One in the process and now you have one more number you guys can shuck up in your "Xbox One" victory and people are still outraged by this.

I seriously don't get the internet.
Seems like you have a problem of your own then.

Actually, he's quite correct. There was nothing lawful about this scam at all.

Didn't it specifically say 'photo'?
Lawful or not, awful or not, it ain't particualry priceworthy to claim you're buying a 450 piece of hardware for a 4 year old either.
He must not have custody.

Doesn't matter. If it's just for the photo, then the ARTICLE which ALWAYS details the precise item that you can expect to get in the mail did not match what was given to him (unless, somehow, the photo was 8GB of memory, lol). That, by definition is a scam.

I can't believe people are supporting this scum.
#173AvirosbPosted 12/9/2013 9:08:16 AM
NermaI posted...
I can't believe people are supporting this scum.

It's hard to like people who get children at an age where they are less likely to be able to support them,
and uses their 4 year old offspring as a way of gathering sympathy.
---
Console wars are like pissing contests. So yeah.
#174goku4ever03Posted 12/9/2013 10:36:26 AM
Looks like he got his refund from the seller:

http://i.imgur.com/Zca6cEs.jpg
---
The ultimate woman is a man - House