Is it just a matter of time before X1 dominates like with 360?

#1MixorzPosted 12/5/2013 2:09:56 PM
So far Sony fans, and the Internet have been wrong about X1. It is selling very healthy and has a lot of momentum and advertisements. Definitely not the flop many predicted. The gamers are speaking up, and they're saying they do like the X1. More people are buying X1 games since 5 of the top 10 are X1 games. Iirc there were like 90 million more games sold on 360 than PS3. So it looks like the trend is continuing on next gen. Great time to be an Xbox fan.
---
XBox Live GT: Mixorz
Favorite lift: Deadlift
#2AzaneAzerPosted 12/5/2013 2:10:52 PM
Sony gained more 360 fans than Microsoft gained Ps3 fans, that shift in loyalty is probably what will doom their sales over the long run.
#3Mixorz(Topic Creator)Posted 12/5/2013 2:14:50 PM
AzaneAzer posted...
Sony gained more 360 fans than Microsoft gained Ps3 fans, that shift in loyalty is probably what will doom their sales over the long run.

Nah, I doubt it. That's a very speculative theory, which was created when random people were like, "I wuz 360 gamer and am changing to PS4" on Internet forums. X1 is not flopping, and there is no indication that fans of 360 are jumping ship in the droves people predicted.

Again X1 demolished early predictions. It's clear many gamers do not understand the business aspect of games and consoles.
---
#4GTAfan421Posted 12/5/2013 2:17:02 PM
Actually the PS3 had more worldwide sales than the 360 did in the end. The 360 was only a little behind though.
---
What's the matter? You can't stand the balls of a strong Nord woman?
#5Mixorz(Topic Creator)Posted 12/5/2013 2:19:13 PM
GTAfan421 posted...
Actually the PS3 had more worldwide sales than the 360 did in the end. The 360 was only a little behind though.

But again, the 360 crushed it in software sales, which is usually where they start making their money back (since many times consoles are sold at a loss or make a small profit).
---
#6Getter_JehutyPosted 12/5/2013 2:19:24 PM
I am a Xbox fan and Sony fan but Xbox One is sold out in my area (LA area). I only have Ps4 though.
---
I live a blessed life.
#7AzaneAzerPosted 12/5/2013 2:20:32 PM
Mixorz posted...
AzaneAzer posted...

Nah, I doubt it. That's a very speculative theory, which was created when random people were like, "I wuz 360 gamer and am changing to PS4" on Internet forums. X1 is not flopping, and there is no indication that fans of 360 are jumping ship in the droves people predicted.

Again X1 demolished early predictions. It's clear many gamers do not understand the business aspect of games and consoles.

Ya, I like how happy people are that it's selling ~40% as much as the Ps4, But From an owner of a 360, and previously a ps2, I jumped at E3, I didnt care about changing polciies after, I didnt feel like being treated like a pirate, then when specs were fully fleshed out w/ prices, 100$ cheaper for a console with ~42% more hardware power? It was pretty damn clear which was the best choice.

Xbone demolishing predictions? is that why They're selling the brand off in Q2 of 2014? (OMFG YOURE A PONY THATS JUST A RUMOR!!!!!, Ya, tell that to the guy they "Let go" when he was defending the brand, so they could put a group on the board who's main purpose is to sell the Xbox brand off... "but it wont affect me!!!" ya, keep saying that when nobody is developing for your xbrick and all the live services are down)
#8chrish909Posted 12/5/2013 2:58:37 PM
AzaneAzer posted...
Mixorz posted...
AzaneAzer posted...

Ya, I like how happy people are that it's selling ~40% as much as the Ps4, But From an owner of a 360, and previously a ps2, I jumped at E3, I didnt care about changing polciies after, I didnt feel like being treated like a pirate, then when specs were fully fleshed out w/ prices, 100$ cheaper for a console with ~42% more hardware power? It was pretty damn clear which was the best choice.

Xbone demolishing predictions? is that why They're selling the brand off in Q2 of 2014? (OMFG YOURE A PONY THATS JUST A RUMOR!!!!!, Ya, tell that to the guy they "Let go" when he was defending the brand, so they could put a group on the board who's main purpose is to sell the Xbox brand off... "but it wont affect me!!!" ya, keep saying that when nobody is developing for your xbrick and all the live services are down)

This is why we dont want ps4 people here. If anything sony will be going bankrupt when ps4 sales halt in 2014. We can pretend infamous can keep it afloat, but in all honesty ps4 is going the same road as ps3.

Theres an 18% chance sony will go bankrupt in 2 years.
---
This is why I'm never going to get a ps4
http://www.destructoid.com/fact-ps3-fanboys-are-the-worst-149259.phtml
#9AzaneAzerPosted 12/5/2013 2:59:51 PM
See, I've been called a sony person on this board every single topic, but I own an xbox 360, and previous a ps2, So, I havent bought a sony product in over a decade.

I'm just looking at the facts.
#10TMOGPosted 12/5/2013 3:02:49 PM
Mixorz posted...
GTAfan421 posted...

But again, the 360 crushed it in software sales, which is usually where they start making their money back (since many times consoles are sold at a loss or make a small profit).

So your plan is that despite selling fewer consoles, the X1 is going to sell more games

How
---
http://img227.imageshack.us/img227/6870/tmog01.png