Is it just a matter of time before X1 dominates like with 360?

#11regsantotomasPosted 12/5/2013 3:02:58 PM
AzaneAzer posted...
See, I've been called a sony person on this board every single topic, but I own an xbox 360, and previous a ps2, So, I havent bought a sony product in over a decade.

I'm just looking at the facts.

I won't call you any names. I think that is stupid.

But to say that this product is "doomed" two weeks after launch when it is selling out is more than a bit silly and at the very least a very premature prognostication.

Clearly, you are not just looking at the facts.
---
the bitter truth is that in the grand scheme of things, the average piece of junk is probably more meaningful than our criticism designating it so. ~ Anton Ego
#12Jedi454Posted 12/5/2013 3:03:34 PM
chrish909 posted...
AzaneAzer posted...
Mixorz posted...
AzaneAzer posted...
Sony gained more 360 fans than Microsoft gained Ps3 fans, that shift in loyalty is probably what will doom their sales over the long run.

Nah, I doubt it. That's a very speculative theory, which was created when random people were like, "I wuz 360 gamer and am changing to PS4" on Internet forums. X1 is not flopping, and there is no indication that fans of 360 are jumping ship in the droves people predicted.

Again X1 demolished early predictions. It's clear many gamers do not understand the business aspect of games and consoles.

Ya, I like how happy people are that it's selling ~40% as much as the Ps4, But From an owner of a 360, and previously a ps2, I jumped at E3, I didnt care about changing polciies after, I didnt feel like being treated like a pirate, then when specs were fully fleshed out w/ prices, 100$ cheaper for a console with ~42% more hardware power? It was pretty damn clear which was the best choice.

Xbone demolishing predictions? is that why They're selling the brand off in Q2 of 2014? (OMFG YOURE A PONY THATS JUST A RUMOR!!!!!, Ya, tell that to the guy they "Let go" when he was defending the brand, so they could put a group on the board who's main purpose is to sell the Xbox brand off... "but it wont affect me!!!" ya, keep saying that when nobody is developing for your xbrick and all the live services are down)

This is why we dont want ps4 people here. If anything sony will be going bankrupt when ps4 sales halt in 2014. We can pretend infamous can keep it afloat, but in all honesty ps4 is going the same road as ps3.

Theres an 18% chance sony will go bankrupt in 2 years.

Lol Infamous is just "more flash" version of Prototype, I don't even see the appeal in it. Now Gears of War, that's an amazing exclusive.
---
GT: DyingRoman
My Gaming channel: https://www.youtube.com/DyingRomanGaming
#13TMOGPosted 12/5/2013 3:04:57 PM
Jedi454 posted...
Lol Infamous is just "more flash" version of Prototype, I don't even see the appeal in it. Now Gears of War, that's an amazing exclusive.

Talk is Gears of War might not be an exclusive anymore, at least not for Microsoft
---
http://img227.imageshack.us/img227/6870/tmog01.png
#14Cowboy082288Posted 12/5/2013 3:06:55 PM
AzaneAzer posted...
Mixorz posted...
AzaneAzer posted...
Sony gained more 360 fans than Microsoft gained Ps3 fans, that shift in loyalty is probably what will doom their sales over the long run.

Nah, I doubt it. That's a very speculative theory, which was created when random people were like, "I wuz 360 gamer and am changing to PS4" on Internet forums. X1 is not flopping, and there is no indication that fans of 360 are jumping ship in the droves people predicted.

Again X1 demolished early predictions. It's clear many gamers do not understand the business aspect of games and consoles.

Ya, I like how happy people are that it's selling ~40% as much as the Ps4, But From an owner of a 360, and previously a ps2, I jumped at E3, I didnt care about changing polciies after, I didnt feel like being treated like a pirate, then when specs were fully fleshed out w/ prices, 100$ cheaper for a console with ~42% more hardware power? It was pretty damn clear which was the best choice.

Xbone demolishing predictions? is that why They're selling the brand off in Q2 of 2014? (OMFG YOURE A PONY THATS JUST A RUMOR!!!!!, Ya, tell that to the guy they "Let go" when he was defending the brand, so they could put a group on the board who's main purpose is to sell the Xbox brand off... "but it wont affect me!!!" ya, keep saying that when nobody is developing for your xbrick and all the live services are down)

When that does not happen will you come on this board and admit how wrong you were?
---
PSN/XBL/Steam/iOS - cowboyoni
#15Mixorz(Topic Creator)Posted 12/5/2013 3:11:22 PM(edited)
TMOG posted...
Mixorz posted...
GTAfan421 posted...
Actually the PS3 had more worldwide sales than the 360 did in the end. The 360 was only a little behind though.

But again, the 360 crushed it in software sales, which is usually where they start making their money back (since many times consoles are sold at a loss or make a small profit).

So your plan is that despite selling fewer consoles, the X1 is going to sell more games

How

Already happening. If PS3 overtook 360 it happened there. Less XB1 have been sold, yet 5 games are on top 10 list.

There was another survey iirc where 360 gamers played games on the 360 more, while PS3 owners spent less time gaming, and more time on apps and such.

http://www.techradar.com/us/news/gaming/xbox-360-owners-spend-more-time-gaming-than-ps3-or-wii-users-916033

So these are all trends we've seen.
---
XBox Live GT: Mixorz
Favorite lift: Deadlift
#16Cosmic_DiabeticPosted 12/5/2013 3:07:17 PM
chrish909 posted...
AzaneAzer posted...
Mixorz posted...
AzaneAzer posted...

This is why we dont want ps4 people here. If anything sony will be going bankrupt when ps4 sales halt in 2014. We can pretend infamous can keep it afloat, but in all honesty ps4 is going the same road as ps3.

Theres an 18% chance sony will go bankrupt in 2 years.

didn't your math teacher ever tell you to show your work? please do tell how you came up with this calculation
---
"i've had sex with a chick who was a psy major, so yeah i think i know what aspergers is" -LiquidFuze180
#17AzaneAzerPosted 12/5/2013 3:08:00 PM
regsantotomas posted...
AzaneAzer posted...
See, I've been called a sony person on this board every single topic, but I own an xbox 360, and previous a ps2, So, I havent bought a sony product in over a decade.

But to say that this product is "doomed" two weeks after launch when it is selling out is more than a bit silly and at the very least a very premature prognostication.

It's initial sales come from fanboys, they will buy anything (Note, the Ouya actually sold products, if you need proof of this), First week sales weren't end of the world #s, but the dropoff was tremendous to week 2, They're being outside 2:5 from the Sony, they have Board members actively looking to sell the Xbox brand, and the Main defenders of the Xbox brand have been getting removed from Microsoft's Board, stockholders aren't happy that they're footing the bill for a financial loss, the Kinect cost way too much in R+D that it hurt the actual Xbone release, There's a lot going against the system right now.

The fact of the matter is, you can't post a single negative critique, without being Branded a Pony, and it's why this board is so explosive, you obviously do have some Sony Fanboys, and a lot of Microsoft Fanboys, but the people in between, the Legitimate questioning people, the Xbox360 fans who aren't happy with the Xbone direction, and the on the fence people, I better the true trolls make up less than 5% of this board's population, and probably around 50% of it's postings.
#18Cowboy082288Posted 12/5/2013 3:12:28 PM
AzaneAzer posted...
regsantotomas posted...
AzaneAzer posted...

It's initial sales come from fanboys, they will buy anything (Note, the Ouya actually sold products, if you need proof of this), First week sales weren't end of the world #s, but the dropoff was tremendous to week 2, They're being outside 2:5 from the Sony, they have Board members actively looking to sell the Xbox brand, and the Main defenders of the Xbox brand have been getting removed from Microsoft's Board, stockholders aren't happy that they're footing the bill for a financial loss, the Kinect cost way too much in R+D that it hurt the actual Xbone release, There's a lot going against the system right now.

The fact of the matter is, you can't post a single negative critique, without being Branded a Pony, and it's why this board is so explosive, you obviously do have some Sony Fanboys, and a lot of Microsoft Fanboys, but the people in between, the Legitimate questioning people, the Xbox360 fans who aren't happy with the Xbone direction, and the on the fence people, I better the true trolls make up less than 5% of this board's population, and probably around 50% of it's postings.

Sony sold 93K units in its second week. Supply side...... supply side.........

Again I'll ask, when MS does not sale the xbox brand in the 2Q of 2014 will you come on this board and state how wrong you were?
---
PSN/XBL/Steam/iOS - cowboyoni
#19regsantotomasPosted 12/5/2013 3:13:15 PM
AzaneAzer posted...

How do you know that sales only go to fanboys. Sounds like you are framing it as how you want to perceive based on pure conjecture.

Yet, you are quick to prognosticate the ultimate failure of this system based on what - tea leaves?

I can't be responsible for how anyone acts around here but I do agree with you that the trolls do put a lot of effort into trolling.
---
the bitter truth is that in the grand scheme of things, the average piece of junk is probably more meaningful than our criticism designating it so. ~ Anton Ego
#20Mixorz(Topic Creator)Posted 12/5/2013 3:14:23 PM
Sony is in deep trouble. Part of the only reason they made a profit recently is because they had to sell their buildings.

http://www.joystiq.com/2013/02/28/sony-sells-tokyo-office-building-for-1-2billion/

Probably why Sony has been trying so hard to slander X1 rather than advertise their product.

Like I said, in the end it looks more like X1 and PS4 will have similar numbers as 360 and PS3, with X1 selling more games and being used more as a gaming device from existing trends.
---
XBox Live GT: Mixorz
Favorite lift: Deadlift