To those who say specs do not matter.

#51BaconPancakes(Topic Creator)Posted 12/5/2013 9:41:18 PM
Dave_is_my_name posted...
All I know is that DR3 is freaking awesome.

Complete blast to play, and isn't that the whole point?

I'm not saying anything negative about that!!! I'm worried for this generation of gaming as a total, but I'm more worried about the X-BOX One than the PS4 or Wii U. Also, it does look like a blast. The guy above you, I had no idea it was originally a 360 game. Thank you for the information (not sarcasm).
---
PS3 - Matface. Wii U - SnoringSnorlax. X360 - xTourniqueTx.
#52Laylow12Posted 12/5/2013 9:41:47 PM
cheezedadada posted...
Do you have an answer, Laylow? Point out where I "don't acknowledge or realize that the XBONE is inferior for gaming to the PS" in this thread. Read it over several times, think about it for a couple minutes and let me know.

I am directly calling you out right now to back up what you said. Show me where this happened?

I know you think...I'm no match for you baby
You like being rough on me don't ya, my my my

---
The Queen of Light took her bow, and then she turned to go.
The Prince of Peace embraced the gloom, and walked the night alone.-Battle of Evermore/Zeppelin
#53garcia_jxPosted 12/5/2013 10:01:59 PM
WeirdShroom posted...
Careful, man.

Backtrack too fast and you'll moonwalk yourself into an alternate dimension where you may actually be right. ;D

Lolz
#54FlyinTonitePosted 12/5/2013 10:08:06 PM
Ps4 is NOT a powerful console. If they want to keep the charade up that they can deliver 1080p/60fps on every title expecting to see games looking worse, not better, as the gen goes on as they continue to compensate for the lack of horsepower under the hood.

All the next gen consoles are weak (wii u moreso), just get over the specs thing and move on. Next gen started too late and these machines are the byproduct of that. This gen will probably last like 4-5 years, the gap between pc's and consoles now is rather large, the gap at gen's end will be monumental.
---
In real life and online I'm a complete self-centered jerk, consistency at its finest.
#55Moose_Of_WoePosted 12/5/2013 10:15:25 PM
cheezedadada posted...
Mvsevm_of_Skin posted...
Baconpancakes... cheesedadadas... I'm starting to get hungry.

Yum Yum.

Did somebody say food?
#56Homie_202Posted 12/6/2013 2:09:39 AM
BaconPancakes posted...
cheezedadada posted...
Do you have actual experience with developing for the Xbox One platform? A lot of people here make assumptions based off limited to zero knowledge. The developers are obviously still learning how to work with both consoles and it can only improve from here.

Unlike you and the majority of deluded fanboys, I am educated on hardware. Optimization may be the only hope that the X-BOX One has to last five or so years before it can't do anything more.

I would say I am very knowledgable on these types of things. Look at the 360 and ps3 those were outdated a long time ago and yet they still made games look amazing on the,. I don't think anyone has anything to worry about. Both consoles will more then likely last at least 8 years just like the 360 did.
#57TerraUniversePosted 12/6/2013 7:26:14 AM
FlyinTonite posted...
Ps4 is NOT a powerful console. If they want to keep the charade up that they can deliver 1080p/60fps on every title expecting to see games looking worse, not better, as the gen goes on as they continue to compensate for the lack of horsepower under the hood.

All the next gen consoles are weak (wii u moreso), just get over the specs thing and move on. Next gen started too late and these machines are the byproduct of that. This gen will probably last like 4-5 years, the gap between pc's and consoles now is rather large, the gap at gen's end will be monumental.

I guess, I agree with this. Both of the consoles are about the same. They're not the most powerful computer machines.

They're meant to provide gaming within a reasonable price.
#58TJ_UNLIMITEDPosted 12/6/2013 7:32:45 AM
FlyinTonite posted...

The gen started too late and that's why the consoles are weak? I don't understand that logic. What do you mean?
---
PSN- TJ_UNLIMITED
Gamertag- TJ UNLIMIT3D
#59NateRose89Posted 12/6/2013 7:38:42 AM
FlyinTonite posted...

Its the most powerful console so that makes it a powerful console.

Bicycles are weaker than Motorcycles no? They may be used for the same purpose of getting from A to B but you don't compare two bicycles and call them weak because they don't match the speed of a Harley. The fastest bicycle is the fastest bicycle. Take that PC comparison out of this.
---
PSN ID: rockstock89
#60_Sovereign_Posted 12/6/2013 7:44:51 AM
BaconPancakes posted...
TerraUniverse posted...
BaconPancakes posted...
Masterchief5525 posted...
TerraUniverse posted...
Developers have already come out to say that the Playstation and Xbox are similar in their graphical abilities. Some games are in 1080p on both game consoles. Call of Duty said they didn't enough time to work on the Xbox, because it was new. Developers are still trying to figure out how to use the consoles.

The other thing is that what will probably end up happening is what happened with the Xbox 360 and PS3. You are aware that the PS3 was more powerful than the 360, but that meant that a lot of developers just made games that were able to be played on the 360 and then just ported it to the PS3.

In other words, developers want to save money. There's no reason why a developer should spend more time trying to make a higher resolution game if they don't need to. They're trying to make games as cheaply as possible and make the most money that they can. I don't understand this rush to 1080p. It should be about how well the game works and not attached to a specific resolution.

Even the Wii U can do 1080p and so can the PS3 and 360. I'm not sure where you get this idea that Xbox One can do it.

If any of you bothered to learn how to read, it's when NEW physics engines and larger open worlds come into play. Stuff that doesn't exist yet. Also, almost nothing ran 1080p on the PS3 and 360. Lol.

Yeah, but new engines and open worlds are not to do with resolutions. The focus should be on the overall experience. It's not just about how many resolution you can get. It's also about the frame rate, the lag and the online experience. Sometimes, a developer can't get the high resolution and have the other things running well and that's why they have to lower the resolution. Also, not all games on the PS4 are in 1080p.

What about Grand Theft Auto 5? That's a big game and it runs on the PS3 and 360. The graphics look great. You're talking about processing, and what I'm saying is that even the PS3 and Xbox 360 can do these things, it's all about being able to use the hardware they have and figuring out how to use it.

There were some games in 1080p that came out in PS3 and 360. Not that many, though.

Also, a game like Halo 3, for instance, wasn't even in 720p, I don't think. Yet, it was a great game and the graphics looked great. Graphics can still look great, even if they are in a lower resolution. The resolution simply decides how much information can be on the screen.

G.T.A. V is the most advanced game of the seventh generation...though it didn't do anything other than look good. It didn't bring along anything new to stress the hardware. I know not all games on the PS4 are in 1080p, the PS4 is going to struggle as well, just not as early as the X-BOX One will. I'm more of a fan of the One than I am the PS4, so Idk why people keep bringing up the PS4.

I can't believe people actually think gtav looks good...it looks terrible. Constant pop ins, shoddy frame rate, terrible character models, etc. What it does between three protagonists is interesting, but the grandeur stops there. Worst game of the 7th gen only behind their other offerings minus RDR.