To those who say specs do not matter.

#61Getter_JehutyPosted 12/6/2013 8:05:01 AM
People keep sayinh DR 3 looks like a 360 game. I'll ask this then:

How big of improvement from DR 2 to DR 3 in terms of character models, lighting and environment detail? Do they look the same or different?
---
I live a blessed life.
#62Moose_Of_WoePosted 12/6/2013 1:47:26 PM(edited)
Getter_Jehuty posted...
People keep sayinh DR 3 looks like a 360 game. I'll ask this then:

How big of improvement from DR 2 to DR 3 in terms of character models, lighting and environment detail? Do they look the same or different?

It looks better than a 360 game. The framerate dips are awful though imo. It doesn't even maintain 30fps with lots of stuff going on at once. Even then I don't consider 30FPS smooth, 60fps is.

I'd rather sacrifice graphics for smooth gameplay.
#63nickr2d2Posted 12/6/2013 1:51:15 PM
TerraUniverse posted...
Developers have already come out to say that the Playstation and Xbox are similar in their graphical abilities. Some games are in 1080p on both game consoles. Call of Duty said they didn't enough time to work on the Xbox, because it was new. Developers are still trying to figure out how to use the consoles.

The other thing is that what will probably end up happening is what happened with the Xbox 360 and PS3. You are aware that the PS3 was more powerful than the 360, but that meant that a lot of developers just made games that were able to be played on the 360 and then just ported it to the PS3.

In other words, developers want to save money. There's no reason why a developer should spend more time trying to make a higher resolution game if they don't need to. They're trying to make games as cheaply as possible and make the most money that they can. I don't understand this rush to 1080p. It should be about how well the game works and not attached to a specific resolution.

Even the Wii U can do 1080p and so can the PS3 and 360. I'm not sure where you get this idea that Xbox One can't do it.

Excellent post, but I'm sure the TC or some other fanboy will complain about this post, or not even acknowledge it because they know you're right.
---
"In my country, Battlefield hacks you" -Battlefield Friends
#64Syi_2010Posted 12/6/2013 2:02:18 PM
regsantotomas posted...
Specs matter. Price matters. Games matter. Features matter. The experience matters.

How each individual weighs these various factors depends wholly on what they want and expect from the unit.

i would almost agree if it wasnt for the software that makes use of those. End of the day, all those features dont make a game great. Right ico
---
GT - Syi, PS3 Syion, Wii-dont remember