If MS releases a kinectless model for $399, will sales start matching PS4 sales?

#61GotTruthPosted 12/11/2013 11:16:59 PM
You know what would REALLY sell me on the XBone OR PS4?

A little freaking Backwards compatibility.........for real. Is it REALY that hard?

To much to ask for?
---
You know they call it main-stream? Its because a stream is shallow.
GT: BuzzKillingt0n
#62BushidoEffect3Posted 12/11/2013 11:20:08 PM
Well PS4 is getting Gaikai later. There's that..

But BC in the hardware would make the cost go up. One of the reasons the old PS3s were expensive.
---
http://i.imgur.com/TUf4vEL.gif
http://youtu.be/jhTaQizF4z4
#63Viper187666Posted 12/12/2013 4:33:03 AM
cito48 posted...
honestly if you dont want the kinect you might as well just buy a ps4 the kinect is what makes the xbox one unique from the ps4 games will come out eventually for ps4

The features are pretty neat and voice commands work extremely well i am pretty impressed nothing like doing something epic and saying

"Xbox record that"
game ends
Xbox go to upload studio
*edit clip* upload

*tell friends to check out my clip thru xbox smartglass or thru the console etc.

a friend of mine was saying the voice commands were junk.... i went to his house and realized he had the kinect directly under the tv speakers and was blasting the volume on the highest settings and didnt even calibrate it.

Seriously? WTF? I don't need Kinect to play any of the games now. I don't need it for the BS sequels that are exclusive to the Xbox. We don't need Kinect for FPS, we don't need it for Dead Rising. Doesn't matter if it's supported or how. It's not necessary, and people have every right to demand an SKU without Kinect instead of just praising MS for ramming their stupid camera down everyone's throats. It's not essential to gaming, and it never will be no matter how much the fanboys defend it. I'm not lazy enough to want to talk to my Xbox instead of simply pressing buttons. I'll never do that. I'm not waiving my arms around to navigate the dashboard. I don't care. Oh but "it's neat", so they should ram it down everyone's throats and teach society to be even more useless and lazy.
---
I refuse to buy XB1 until it's sold without Kinect. No, I'm not a Sony fanboy. See? http://viper.shadowflareindustries.com/images/myroom/DSCN0220.JPG
#64Curbdog51Posted 12/12/2013 5:09:28 AM
I knew that having the Kinect 2.0 would be just a bonus and not a system seller, in my book. Yeah, I could do without it and enjoy a $399 price tag.

MS could be a bit more competitive and have a Kinect-less bundle.
---
GT : Curbdog
#65EvilTrashPosted 12/12/2013 5:45:09 AM
If it continues to get a stream exclusives like Dead Rising, Ryse, Titanfall, Quantum Break, Halo, etc. then yes, I would buy one right away. In fact, Halo alone will probably get me to buy one. I have so far never missed a Halo game, even though I've pretty much liked each one a little bit less than the previous, but I still enjoy them very much. The multiplayer is still so much fun. The campaigns used to be great, but I couldn't even finish Reach and 4 the campaigns were so lifeless and boring.
#66cito48Posted 12/12/2013 6:20:49 AM
Viper187666 posted...
Seriously? WTF? I don't need Kinect to play any of the games now. I don't need it for the BS sequels that are exclusive to the Xbox. We don't need Kinect for FPS, we don't need it for Dead Rising. Doesn't matter if it's supported or how. It's not necessary, and people have every right to demand an SKU without Kinect instead of just praising MS for ramming their stupid camera down everyone's throats. It's not essential to gaming, and it never will be no matter how much the fanboys defend it. I'm not lazy enough to want to talk to my Xbox instead of simply pressing buttons. I'll never do that. I'm not waiving my arms around to navigate the dashboard. I don't care. Oh but "it's neat", so they should ram it down everyone's throats and teach society to be even more useless and lazy.

then get a ps4 im just saying if you dont want the kinect then get a ps4 im being honest. Having the kinect attached to it also allows developers to actually involve the kinect in some ways because you know every consumer has one.

You consider people lazy and useless because they use the voice commands to navigate quicker? i have yet to use any arm motions im done with a game i can just say Xbox watch tv and it seamlessly switches to TV . its about elminating steps no matter how tiny they are which is cool if you ask me .

With your attitude we should elimate things like email and faxes becuase man people are too lazy and useless to get up to the post office and wait for responses. if it eliminates steps it makes you lazy.

If $100 makes the difference between buying a system or not you might as well just stop gaming because its not a cheap hobby.
#67BigBOO2UPosted 12/12/2013 7:16:22 AM
Second_Hokage posted...
80/80

Was that really necessary?
---
Who knew that failing to put a "?" at the end of a sentence will bring down the wrath of the Mods on you for "Trolling" ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?
#68BigBOO2UPosted 12/12/2013 7:18:59 AM
zephirraines posted...
360 outsold the ps3 kiddo. Yet now you ponies ignore that the xbox one costs more. Funny. How obvious your hypocrisy is.

You do realize how foolish you look posting such obvious untruths, don't you?

Going to say Britain won the Revolutionary War next? That Romney is the US President? That the Sega Dreamcast 2 is the best selling video game system of all time?
---
Who knew that failing to put a "?" at the end of a sentence will bring down the wrath of the Mods on you for "Trolling" ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?
#69BigBOO2UPosted 12/12/2013 7:22:10 AM
zephirraines posted...
HypnoCoosh posted...
Don't you ever get sick of typing "ponies" all the time? Seriously.

No i get sick of ponies. I call them as i see them however and they are getting more pathetic by the week.

It does make it easier to spot his half dozen alternate Gamefaqs accounts when he slips up and types "ponies" in them though. Helps out my Ignore List greatly. Too bad I have to still see his posts in other people's quotes though.
---
#70ManservicePosted 12/13/2013 12:37:51 AM
DrFeelgood1984 posted...
Second_Hokage posted...
80/80

Do you think a kinectless Xbox One will perform onpar or better than PS4?

No, because it is still the weaker console. Price needs to come down to around $300-$350, or $400 bundled with a game.

This. Kinect is like 2/5 of the Xbox One. The Xbox One would just look blantly inferior to the PS4 without Kinect to most consumers if it were $400