Xbox and 360 fan disappointed with the direction MS has taken with Xbox One

#1tadmfpolePosted 12/6/2013 4:25:04 AM
Xbox has done some great things for console gaming and the most jaded Nintendo and Sony fanboys would even be hard pressed to deny this. Xbox and to a much larger extent Xbox 360 opened and lead the way for online gaming on consoles and playing online with friends. They weren't the first to introduce online gaming on consoles but they did set the bar for it.

There are so many things they did right despite the ridiculous hardware failure rate of the early 360 models. Coming from someone who started gaming on a NES in 1987 and everything after I can confidently say the 360 is my favorite console of all time. Playing Left 4 Dead, Rock Band (it was great fun for a while), zombies on Der Riese, Gears of War and Street Fighter 4 online with my friends ranks in the highest tier of fun I have had playing video games.

As of now I don't own either next gen console but the Xbox One seems disappointing to me. I have zero interest in Kinect, TV features, NFL, or skype. The "all in one" focus and forced Kinect is just not doing it for me. I am hoping just as they made good on the **** they announced back in May they will put more focus on gaming and make this into a gaming console on par with the 360. It is brand new and I know a lot of improvements will be made but I am still not convinced they are catering to gamers as much with this system and are trying to market to non gamers like Nintendo did with the Wii. Time will tell.
---
my current game collection
http://www.gamefaqs.com/users/tadmfpole/games/owned
#2PoloMan6Posted 12/6/2013 6:16:41 AM
Didn't read one word of that wall...but in a nutshell:

Don't buy the system if you don't like it...there are alternatives.
#3Wolverine24708Posted 12/6/2013 6:31:10 AM
Same gripes that I have. They made a media system first, that plays video games. Then the whole mess at E3 happened. I think they got too greedy. They wanted to control your whole living room. If they made an advanced 360 with the same policies, the thing would've destroyed Sony this gen.

That is why Sony is getting my business this time around. Maybe if they release a cheaper model and they redo the interface so that its not gimped down without the Kinect, I'll consider coming back. This is coming from someone that never touched a PS3 and strictly played Xbox the past gen.(and even the first Xbox with Halo)
---
GT: Glorymaker
#4BigSnappaXPosted 12/6/2013 6:36:27 AM
PoloMan6 posted...
Didn't read one word of that wall...but in a nutshell:

Don't buy the system if you don't like it...there are alternatives.

Ditto... didnt read a single word either... The exit is that way TC >>> Your loss.
---
XBGT: Snappa || PSN: SnappaX
~ Love, Not War... Cant we all just.... GET ALONG??!!?? ~
#5BigSnappaXPosted 12/6/2013 6:38:08 AM
Wolverine24708 posted...
Same gripes that I have. They made a media system first, that plays video games. Then the whole mess at E3 happened. I think they got too greedy. They wanted to control your whole living room. If they made an advanced 360 with the same policies, the thing would've destroyed Sony this gen.

That is why Sony is getting my business this time around. Maybe if they release a cheaper model and they redo the interface so that its not gimped down without the Kinect, I'll consider coming back. This is coming from someone that never touched a PS3 and strictly played Xbox the past gen.(and even the first Xbox with Halo)

Then why the hell are you on these boards if Sony gets your business this time around??? LMAO... seems to me you are one confused clown... LEAVE
---
XBGT: Snappa || PSN: SnappaX
~ Love, Not War... Cant we all just.... GET ALONG??!!?? ~
#6DojoMaxPosted 12/6/2013 6:45:00 AM
TC I urge you to play both systems. I own a PS4 spent a good hour or two playing X1 yesterday. Its so much fun.
---
XBL: xShotz 101x | There is no knowledge, that is not power. -Ralph Waldo Emerson
#7bob15xPosted 12/6/2013 7:07:50 AM
tadmfpole posted...
Xbox has done some great things for console gaming and the most jaded Nintendo and Sony fanboys would even be hard pressed to deny this. Xbox and to a much larger extent Xbox 360 opened and lead the way for online gaming on consoles and playing online with friends. They weren't the first to introduce online gaming on consoles but they did set the bar for it.

There are so many things they did right despite the ridiculous hardware failure rate of the early 360 models. Coming from someone who started gaming on a NES in 1987 and everything after I can confidently say the 360 is my favorite console of all time. Playing Left 4 Dead, Rock Band (it was great fun for a while), zombies on Der Riese, Gears of War and Street Fighter 4 online with my friends ranks in the highest tier of fun I have had playing video games.

As of now I don't own either next gen console but the Xbox One seems disappointing to me. I have zero interest in Kinect, TV features, NFL, or skype. The "all in one" focus and forced Kinect is just not doing it for me. I am hoping just as they made good on the **** they announced back in May they will put more focus on gaming and make this into a gaming console on par with the 360. It is brand new and I know a lot of improvements will be made but I am still not convinced they are catering to gamers as much with this system and are trying to market to non gamers like Nintendo did with the Wii. Time will tell.

so basically, Microsoft should no worry about the 2+ billion people demographic that they are looking at and only worry about the 250 million one so you can be happy?

You would fail at business
#8HypnoCooshPosted 12/6/2013 7:13:18 AM
Couldn't agree more TC, MS has failed the gamers and is mainly focused on selling a media system. It's pathetic and sad really.

In the long run MS will lose a lot of their consumer base in NA and Europe and it will have a huge negative impact on the xbox brand.
---
You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist. ~F.Nietzsche~
#9cheezedadadaPosted 12/6/2013 7:18:40 AM(edited)
Marqmax posted...
TC I urge you to play both systems. I own a PS4 spent a good hour or two playing X1 yesterday. Its so much fun.

So true.

TC, as well as other people, make the assumption that the Xbox One having more than one focus somehow hurts the games when it really doesn't. Microsoft spent $1 billion dollars on exclusives, A lot of people are angry because that are uninformed.

The Xbox One, in terms of games, is right up there with the PS4 AND it also has these extra features. Smart consumers will hopefully make their own decisions. Its been proven in the past that the people at gamefaqs have zero affect on the overall sales. I laughed my ass off when people here were saying COD sucks and would never sell, yet it did amazingly well as usual.
---
"I just bought Divekick. 80% because it looks funny, and 20% out of spite" - SG64
PSN- cheezedadadada XBL- cheezedadada
#10CrysianiaPosted 12/6/2013 7:23:47 AM(edited)
cheezedadada posted...
Marqmax posted...

So true.

TC, as well as other people, make the assumption that the Xbox One having more than one focus somehow hurts the games when it really doesn't. Microsoft spent $1 billion dollars on exclusives, A lot of people are angry because that are uninformed.

The Xbox One, in terms of games, is right up there with the PS4 AND it also has these extra features. Smart consumers will hopefully make their own decisions. Its been proven in the past that the people at gamefaqs have zero affect on the overall sales. I laughed my ass off when people here were saying COD sucks and would never sell, yet it did amazingly well as usual.

Its all very well saying they spent 1 billion on exclusives, but im failing to see the fruits of that particular money spent. All you have is hope and a number right now.

PS love xbox forum, so entertaining.
---
PSN - Sacred_Darksoul