Xbox and 360 fan disappointed with the direction MS has taken with Xbox One

#31Apex-PlayerPosted 12/6/2013 12:10:54 PM
Do your lights turn off and on by clapping?
Do you have a toilet that sprays water rather then use toilet paper?
Do you use shamwow as a towel?

Not everything that sounds cool gets adopted by consumers. Those banking on Kinect need to realise other gimmicks fail daily, this will too.
---
PSN/ Comfort_Cat
#32BadLuckIncPosted 12/6/2013 12:11:57 PM
seamus18 posted...
Ragnarokxv posted...
The Xbox One isn't even really a games console, it is a living room media device that can play games.

And your smartphone isn't really a phone, right? Isn't it just a glorified camera, mp3 playing app machine. It certainly can't make calls like a good old fashioned flip phone! Why did they have to mess with our phones and make them all better. Ruining my simple phone calls. I hate better! :)

People just are complete knuckleheads honestly. I hope all the people that bash the Xbox One for being more than just a gaming device also only have home phones and no cell phones because who would want the internet, texting, apps, games, and a camera on my TELEPHONE! Stupid people make me want to wring their necks.
---
Xbox One Day 1 Edition! Unleash The Ultra Beast!
Xbox GT: Bad Luck Ink ~]=|~ Wii U NNID: BadLuckInk
#33SilentBPosted 12/6/2013 1:35:18 PM
cheezedadada posted...
SilentB posted...
the direction Microsoft is going with the Xbox.

I am 100% genuine with this question, so please don't take this the wrong way. I am just curious, what direction do you think MS is taking the Xbox One in? I want to see why people actually feel the way they do? It has extra focuses, but the only thing I have done on so far since launch is play games (I dont own one yet (soon), but mooch off of others).

Well to be fair, I'm more disappointed about the directions of video games in general, not just the direction of the Xbox One. I feel like games were much more varied then they are now, and that they were made with a lot more heart. Maybe that's the nostalgia speaking, but in my opinion the Mass Effect series is a good example of how games are changing. The "evolution" of the games from ME1 to ME3 was pretty disappointing (although ME2 was an awesome experience, it retained a lot of what made ME1 great and tightened the mechanics).

I'm very happy with the extra focuses, when I was in college my Xbox would always be on, mostly on ESPN or Netflix/HBO Go, and I rarely played games. The extra focuses are actually what pushed me into buying the Xbox On, so I'm not against them in any ways. But it's primarily a gaming console to me.

I'd recommend AC4 unless if you've already played it, the naval battles are very unique.
---
"You never really understand a person until you consider things from his point of view."
#34CaIiber345Posted 12/6/2013 1:37:35 PM
PoloMan6 posted...
Didn't read one word of that wall...but in a nutshell:

Don't buy the system if you don't like it...there are alternatives.

That's not a wall of text. Those are called paragraphs. But you lazy, on-demand, voice control types can't be expected to actually read. Oh, I know! Let's make TC's post a microtransaction, that way you can buy it and have it read to you.
---
Playstation 4, Xbox 360
"People like us...we are all misfits living in a world on fire." Kelly Clarkson
#35Cosmic_DiabeticPosted 12/6/2013 1:38:01 PM
bob15x posted...

so basically, Microsoft should no worry about the 2+ billion people demographic that they are looking at and only worry about the 250 million one so you can be happy?

You would fail at business

w...wh...what?
---
"i've had sex with a chick who was a psy major, so yeah i think i know what aspergers is" -LiquidFuze180
#36CaIiber345Posted 12/6/2013 1:52:52 PM
zephirraines posted...
Total pony BS. Real gamers wouldnt dwell on the bs you are posting because at the end of the day the xbox has the games.

360 pioneered features like cross game chat and netflix and they were just extras. So stop being so pathetic ponies.

You really are a fanboy. The OP was well-stated and told the truth about the Xbox brand's success and innovation. I have a PS4 and the last two nights I've been playing (and loving) Skyrim and GTA V on my Xbox 360. Why can't you understand that people don't blindly align themselves with just one thing like you do? If all you can do is call people names that aren't applicable, when they voice an opinion that isn't in line with yours, I suspect you get punched in the face a lot in real life. That is, if you actually have the stones to talk the garbage that you do here in real life.

And enough of this "real gamers" nonsense you people spout. I've been gaming for 30 years. I own original working consoles: NES, SNES, N64, PS, PS2, Xbox 360, Wii, PSP, Nintendo DS. I still own dozens of working games. NES, SNES, PS4, and Xbox 360 are all within seconds of being powered on next to my TV. I want nothing to do with Xbox One.
---
Playstation 4, Xbox 360
"People like us...we are all misfits living in a world on fire." Kelly Clarkson
#37jairusmonillasPosted 12/6/2013 2:35:25 PM
360 was not a profit for them, so they included Kinect in hope for TV ads, Selling personal infos for a price (mandatory kinect), and remember the planned policy you can't share games?

Microsoft is business first company. They don't really care about their gamer consumers, They just want to win the competition against Sony and Nintendo so they can force stupid policies like what they announced back in E3.
---
PS4 GPU: 1152 GCN, 1.84 TFLOPS, 72 TMUs, 32 ROPs, 8GB GDDR5
XB1 GPU :: 768 GCN, 1.31 TFLOPS, 48 TMUs, 16 ROPs, 8GB DDR3+eSRAM
#38borg_assassinPosted 12/6/2013 2:36:46 PM
Ignore the illiterate haters TC I completely agree.
#39Viper187666Posted 12/8/2013 9:07:24 AM(edited)
zephirraines posted...
Total pony BS. Real gamers wouldnt dwell on the bs you are posting because at the end of the day the xbox has the games.

360 pioneered features like cross game chat and netflix and they were just extras. So stop being so pathetic ponies.

Sure, THEN they broke it all and started fresh with the XB1, making it an epic failure. Not to mention forcing Kinect on everyone who wants those exclusive games that have next to nothing to do with it. This might be the first system I buy used if they don't have a Kinectless SKU by this time next year. I'll be contacting all the used game stores in the spring and urging them to do it. Hell, I wouldn't be surprised if they could make more money cracking open a few new ones now and then and selling them separately.

CaIiber345 posted...

You really are a fanboy. The OP was well-stated and told the truth about the Xbox brand's success and innovation. I have a PS4 and the last two nights I've been playing (and loving) Skyrim and GTA V on my Xbox 360. Why can't you understand that people don't blindly align themselves with just one thing like you do? If all you can do is call people names that aren't applicable, when they voice an opinion that isn't in line with yours, I suspect you get punched in the face a lot in real life. That is, if you actually have the stones to talk the garbage that you do here in real life.

And enough of this "real gamers" nonsense you people spout. I've been gaming for 30 years. I own original working consoles: NES, SNES, N64, PS, PS2, Xbox 360, Wii, PSP, Nintendo DS. I still own dozens of working games. NES, SNES, PS4, and Xbox 360 are all within seconds of being powered on next to my TV. I want nothing to do with Xbox One.

So very true!
---
I refuse to buy XB1 until it's sold without Kinect. No, I'm not a Sony fanboy. See? http://viper.shadowflareindustries.com/images/myroom/DSCN0220.JPG
#40tadmfpole(Topic Creator)Posted 12/8/2013 5:22:36 PM
cheezedadada posted...
SilentB posted...
the direction Microsoft is going with the Xbox.

I am 100% genuine with this question, so please don't take this the wrong way. I am just curious, what direction do you think MS is taking the Xbox One in? I want to see why people actually feel the way they do? It has extra focuses, but the only thing I have done on so far since launch is play games (I dont own one yet (soon), but mooch off of others).

The direction of an all in one system. Regardless of the backpedaling that started with the PR mess the console was still built around being a voice controlled TV remote that plays video games and I am having a very hard time getting behind that no matter how much I loved the first two Xbox systems. The madatory Kinect is doing **** all to enhance anyone's gaming experience right now so why the need to force it on to buyers?

I am not opposed to ever buying one I am just underwhelmed so far with what they have planned for the system, with one huge exception being dedicated servers.
---
my current game collection
http://www.gamefaqs.com/users/tadmfpole/games/owned