Do your games you purchased on Xbox 360 transfer with your gamertag on Xbox One?

#1CelticFrost777Posted 12/6/2013 9:33:50 AM
I wanted to get an Xbox One eventually but a major thing holding me back is this. I have purchased alot of Xbox Live Arcade games on the 360. When you transfer your gamertag to Xbox One, will it let you download all the games you had on your account as well? If not, i will be getting a PS4.
#2assassin10133Posted 12/6/2013 9:36:15 AM
No game on the 360 will work on the XB1, including arcade games. Only "fix" they've announced is streaming 360 games a la Gaikai in the future, which isn't really a fix.
#3DojoMaxPosted 12/6/2013 9:37:53 AM
CelticFrost777 posted...
I wanted to get an Xbox One eventually but a major thing holding me back is this. I have purchased alot of Xbox Live Arcade games on the 360. When you transfer your gamertag to Xbox One, will it let you download all the games you had on your account as well? If not, i will be getting a PS4.

The PS4 doesn't let you do this either. Just a heads up.
---
XBL: xShotz 101x | There is no knowledge, that is not power. -Ralph Waldo Emerson
#4BansDontWorkPosted 12/6/2013 9:40:26 AM
Enjoy your PS4, and playing on your Xbox 360 from time to time...
---
I feast on that control method you call Karma.
#5CelticFrost777(Topic Creator)Posted 12/6/2013 9:55:41 AM
Marqmax posted...
CelticFrost777 posted...

Yeah but i don't own a PS3 so i have no arcade games or gametag to transfer so it's not an issue. The Xbox One won't let me transfer my games i paid for so why get it? Ill hang on to the Xbox 360 and get a PS4 and start fresh.
#6daniel79Posted 12/6/2013 10:08:22 AM
CelticFrost777 posted...
Marqmax posted...
CelticFrost777 posted...

Yeah but i don't own a PS3 so i have no arcade games or gametag to transfer so it's not an issue. The Xbox One won't let me transfer my games i paid for so why get it? Ill hang on to the Xbox 360 and get a PS4 and start fresh.

It's for the best..

And you'd probably be best doing what I'm going to do. Buy a new 360 around march time (When everyone and their dogs has an Xbone), Download all of you arcade titles to it and then do the licence transfer.

Then put it in the box, get it out when needed.

If not, then in around four years time you'll not be able to play any arcade titles on your 360 as Microsoft will have dropped the service to the old console like a bad smell.

That won't matter too much though as you'll have a new 360 loaded with your stuff.

Sucks, doesn't it! But this is the wonderful world of digital we were all promised...
#7BDJaycePosted 12/9/2013 2:05:42 PM
daniel79 posted...
CelticFrost777 posted...
Marqmax posted...
CelticFrost777 posted...

It's for the best..

And you'd probably be best doing what I'm going to do. Buy a new 360 around march time (When everyone and their dogs has an Xbone), Download all of you arcade titles to it and then do the licence transfer.

Then put it in the box, get it out when needed.

If not, then in around four years time you'll not be able to play any arcade titles on your 360 as Microsoft will have dropped the service to the old console like a bad smell.

That won't matter too much though as you'll have a new 360 loaded with your stuff.

Sucks, doesn't it! But this is the wonderful world of digital we were all promised...

Unlike the Xbox -- Xbox 360 service, I believe the Xbox 360 and Xbox One share a service.. buy gold on Xbox 360, it applies to the Xbox One that kind of thing.
---
GT: JamesBolton0723
#8dmband41Posted 12/11/2013 8:51:27 AM
You can run your 360 through the One. Or just play on your 360. No biggie.
#9dmband41Posted 12/11/2013 8:55:53 AM
Unlike the Xbox -- Xbox 360 service, I believe the Xbox 360 and Xbox One share a service.. buy gold on Xbox 360, it applies to the Xbox One that kind of thing.

^^^Yes. This.
#10GeistPosted 12/11/2013 8:57:59 AM
CelticFrost777 posted...
Yeah but i don't own a PS3

So the why did you use to post on the PS3 and Uncharted boards? Did it break on you?
---
I dislike Nintendo.