First Casualty of the Console Wars: Microsoft Closes Studio

#11EllesarienPosted 12/6/2013 9:51:06 AM(edited)
Bummer that we have so many 'anti-gamers' hoping and getting excited by layoffs in the gaming industry.
---
I will try and see it from your point of view, but I doubt we'll be able to fit both our heads up there.
#12Cosmic_DiabeticPosted 12/6/2013 9:52:18 AM
Dannyson97 posted...
Who's next? Square Enix? Capcom? Naughty Dog? EA? When will this madness stop?!

what?
---
"i've had sex with a chick who was a psy major, so yeah i think i know what aspergers is" -LiquidFuze180
#13leatheljPosted 12/6/2013 9:55:51 AM
Ellesarien posted...
Bummer that we have so many 'anti-gamers' hoping and getting excited by layoffs in the gaming industry.

that's what i was saying but hey its ms so all the haters are happy about it and its ok to hate on ms because all the cool kids are doing it and many of them are still but hurt over e3 but im not going to be happy that a place has got shut down and people are losing there jobs nor do i want a gameing company to go out of business Microsoft of course will never go out of business but i mean there xbox division part i dought they will also but this fanboy war is dirty and nasty and people love to point the finger and demonize ms in every single way.
---
Every one has there own opinions unless theirs is stupid.
#14HackersRLame(Topic Creator)Posted 12/6/2013 10:00:46 AM
leathelj posted...
Ellesarien posted...

that's what i was saying but hey its ms so all the haters are happy about it and its ok to hate

Knee-Jerk reactions to someone posting a news story is a bit immature. I own an Xbox One, not a PS4, and do not delight in developers closing down. I did find it a bit telling that this was one of MS's "flagship" studios for the Xbox One though. Making a move such as this two weeks after the launch of your console is questionable timing at best.
#15Joey-ZazaPosted 12/6/2013 10:03:55 AM
How is that a knee jerk reaction?

That'd be like me coming into work and telling everyone that I haven't showered in weeks and I really smell like armpits, then wonder why nobody will come talk to me at my cubicle.

Then I go outside and I smoke a cigeratte.
---
"I guess you could say I BLUE... myself!" - Tobias Funke
-StarTropics- -Golden Sun- -Ocarina of Time-
#16Laylow12Posted 12/6/2013 10:08:50 AM
Signs are that this is the beginning of the end and they're not even close to being done. In order to prepare for the sale of the brand, they've got to cut costs down to nothing to make it attractive to a new buyer. Expect more news on this soon....

---
The Queen of Light took her bow, and then she turned to go.
The Prince of Peace embraced the gloom, and walked the night alone.-Battle of Evermore/Zeppelin
#17bob15xPosted 12/6/2013 10:13:58 AM(edited)
HackersRLame posted...
Microsoft has shuttered its Victoria, British Columbia studio after two years of operation.

The formation of the Victoria, BC office was part of a $1 billion investment in Xbox One. This initiative saw Microsoft forming multiple studios across the globe London, Victoria and Washington and securing 15 exclusives for the Xbox One's first year of existence.

In a statement to Polygon, Microsoft said the studio's closure would not cause the cancellation of any projects the studio was working on, whatever they may be. "We did not cancel any projects rather we centralized our development efforts in BC to our Vancouver offices."

That was fast.

You really don't understand what they did do you?

Sony and many companies do the same thing. They combine offices and make costs more efficient. This was a business decision based on making things more efficient not about, omg we are going under. Just like what sony did
#18HackersRLame(Topic Creator)Posted 12/6/2013 10:19:22 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#19Masterchief5525Posted 12/6/2013 10:21:35 AM
Gambitbuzzkill posted...
So wait they just moved the studio to Vancouver nice miss leading thread btw.

---
i7-4770k | AMD Radeon HD 7990 | 8gb G.Skill 1600mhz | 2TB WD HDD | Asus Z87-A
#20HackersRLame(Topic Creator)Posted 12/6/2013 10:23:41 AM
Joey-Zaza posted...
How is that a knee jerk reaction?

I post a story about the closing of a Microsoft Studio associated with XBox One Development, and these two responses...

leathelj posted...
that's what i was saying but hey its ms so all the haters are happy about it and its ok to hate

Ellesarien posted...

...are NOT knee-jerk, immature reactions?

Really? REALLY? Because guess what? Yes, yes they are.