First Casualty of the Console Wars: Microsoft Closes Studio

#21HackersRLame(Topic Creator)Posted 12/6/2013 10:25:13 AM
Masterchief5525 posted...
Gambitbuzzkill posted...
So wait they just moved the studio to Vancouver nice miss leading thread btw.

HackersRLame posted...
No, they did not. They already have a studio in Vancouver that they want to be the only studio in area. Read the article.

We are working closely with all employees affected by this change to identify open positions in other studios if possible, and we remain committed to doing business in British Columbia.

Nice miss.
#22leatheljPosted 12/6/2013 10:26:02 AM
HackersRLame posted...
leathelj posted...
Ellesarien posted...
Bummer that we have so many 'anti-gamers' hoping and getting excited by layoffs in the gaming industry.

that's what i was saying but hey its ms so all the haters are happy about it and its ok to hate

Knee-Jerk reactions to someone posting a news story is a bit immature. I own an Xbox One, not a PS4, and do not delight in developers closing down. I did find it a bit telling that this was one of MS's "flagship" studios for the Xbox One though. Making a move such as this two weeks after the launch of your console is questionable timing at best.

yeah your sarcastic "that was fast" remark tells it all so don't try to redeem yourself now you have lost all my respect already.
---
Every one has there own opinions unless theirs is stupid.
#23cheezedadadaPosted 12/6/2013 10:26:17 AM
Ellesarien posted...
Bummer that we have so many 'anti-gamers' hoping and getting excited by layoffs in the gaming industry.

This place is sad. I see the same regular 5 or so accounts who dedicate their entire lives to trolling here. Its sick.
---
"I just bought Divekick. 80% because it looks funny, and 20% out of spite" - SG64
PSN- cheezedadadada XBL- cheezedadada
#24cheezedadadaPosted 12/6/2013 10:27:27 AM
Remember when this happened to Sony this year?

"In January, we told you that Sony was looking to sell their New York City headquarters to put some cash in the bank. They eventually gave up that prime Big Apple real estate for $1.1 billion. Now they're selling their best Tokyo HQ building.

In what Reuters says was the most expensive property sale in Japan in four years, Sony offloaded their 25-floor Sony City Osaki building to another group for what works out to be $1.2 billion. Two companies are splitting the lovely building 60/40, and Sony will continue to work out of it for the next five years.

That's a shame. I've been to this building a few times before. It's striking and beautiful. The New York sale is also a shame. The must really need the money.

Sony, where are you guys going to work out of? Need to come to my place? I have some air mattresses."
---
"I just bought Divekick. 80% because it looks funny, and 20% out of spite" - SG64
#25HackersRLame(Topic Creator)Posted 12/6/2013 10:28:54 AM
leathelj posted...
yeah your sarcastic "that was fast" remark tells it all so don't try to redeem yourself now you have lost all my respect already.

You are reaching at straws to defend your silly remarks.

Two weeks to the day the Xbox One releases and Microsoft closes down a studio built to develop games for it. Yes son, that WAS fast.
#26Jiggy101011Posted 12/6/2013 10:28:56 AM
Laylow12 posted...
Signs are that this is the beginning of the end and they're not even close to being done. In order to prepare for the sale of the brand, they've got to cut costs down to nothing to make it attractive to a new buyer. Expect more news on this soon....

This is more of a knee-jerk reaction. Microsoft closes a single studio and Laylow thinks this is the beginning of the end.
---
Gamertag: F1RE v2 PSN ID: F1REx
If you want to troll, provide a source to backup your claims.
#27ChargrilledPosted 12/6/2013 10:38:06 AM
Gambitbuzzkill posted...
So wait they just moved the studio to Vancouver nice miss leading thread btw.

---
GT : DeadJericho/PSN : Focalpoint/WiiU : FocalpointUK
Correct terminology is 'Could NOT care less'. Learn English!
#28ILikesCheesePosted 12/6/2013 10:47:53 AM
HackersRLame posted...
leathelj posted...
Ellesarien posted...

that's what i was saying but hey its ms so all the haters are happy about it and its ok to hate

Knee-Jerk reactions to someone posting a news story is a bit immature.

Some of the back and forth in this and a few other threads got me thinking. Imagine this:

Someone is standing on the side of the road, waiting for the bus. Suddenly, two cars crash into each other in the intersection. The guy by the bus stop doesn't know or care who is at fault, he pulls out his phone and calls 911 to report the accident.

If some of the people on this board worked as the 911 dispatcher, I imagine the phone call would go something like this:

Caller: An accident just happened at the intersection of A and B streets. Looks like a Toyota 4Runner and a Ford Mustang!
911: Do you have something against American made cars?
Caller: What?!
911: You were implying that the Ford driver was at fault. Clearly it must be that scum non-patriot in his foreign piece of crap who caused this.
Caller: It doesn't matter who was at fault and I don't know anyway! Just send the police and an ambulance! I'm just reporting an accident!
911: You secretly hate all Americans don't you? I bet your parents were Commies. I bet you are an undercover spy from Russia, aren't you?
Caller: I'm just trying to get some help here!
911: You probably hate Capitalism don't you? And you probably hate American companies like Microsoft cause they were created in someone's garage, don't you? You probably even hate garages! You make me sick! I'm ignoring you!

<Click>
---
If you're omnipotent and all-powerful...why would you need to REST? On the 7th or ANY day?
#29Xeeh_BitzPosted 12/6/2013 10:53:54 AM
What the hell was the purpose of that studio? I see it's a Dance studio and photography site, but can't find anything regarding the studio in terms of games. All I see is the studio was to create interactive games, but never actually released anything in 2 years since it was started, wtf. lol
---
3770K @ 4.5ghz| GTX Titan @ 1300/6500 | Asus Maximus V Formula | Asus PB278Q 2560x1440 | Windows 8.1 | PS4 | Atari 2600
#30cheezedadadaPosted 12/6/2013 10:58:47 AM
No comments as to Sony selling off a combined $2.3 BILLION dollars worth of real estate this year? How are they still in business guys? What is this blasphemy?

Would love to get some feedback.
---